why digitforum don't have RSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxysmile

Just a techno junkie
when ever i try to RSS digit , it gives a error

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Line Number 1, Column 2: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

i guess digit doesn't have RSS facilities yet.

any trick for making the RSS work ????????????

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Digit forum did have a good feed before all these crap changes had been made. When the admins here made a thread discussing the new look of forum, I even stated the problem there, but no avail. It was working in Internet Explorer 7 some days ago but now it is failing with the same error in every browser (tried in IE7, IE8b2, FF3.1b1pre, Opera 9.60 Beta1 RC and Safari). :mad:

I do not think the forum administrators are looking in the matter. :mad:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^thats is because they possibly don't know whom to hire. They might be getting the 'cheap' coders. Even the design part, how many of you can distinguish a hyperlink from the rest of the text. Not that this is something that is impossible to do, but what can we do if nobody wants to do it.

OP
roxysmile

roxysmile

Just a techno junkie
@ rohan_shenoy

i do agree that the design of the forum have been worsened especially after the change of the theme.

but digit have many coders ( atleast i think that) the tutorials in the magazine shows that.

guess digit have to get serious to make his forums the best featured.

goobimama

 Macboy
Hmm. RSS feed shows up perfectly here (Main RSS and Software Troubleshooting RSS). Using Safari on Windows.

OP
roxysmile

roxysmile

Just a techno junkie
@goobimama

how come my fully updated version of safari can't RSS it.
actually it shows that there is RSS but whenever i try to subscribe to the RSS of digit forum , it shows error ( posted above ).

@ax3

will try if opera is working

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Not working on FireFox 3.0.1

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Line Number 1, Column 2: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
--------^

goobimama

 Macboy
I just click the RSS button in the addressbar btw. You guys aren't finding some feed link or something is it?

In any case, what's with the RSS for forums? It would be totally overwhelming to go through all those feeds. I much too much prefer the UserCP thing to check my subscribed threads…

OP
roxysmile

roxysmile

Just a techno junkie
confirmed , RSS not working in opera , it tells that it has been subscribed but there is no feed added in actual.

moreover i checked out with tech2.com and it worked great.

may be its because of vBulletin which powers the forum.(error is on their side)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I just click the RSS button in the addressbar btw. You guys aren't finding some feed link or something is it?

In any case, what's with the RSS for forums? It would be totally overwhelming to go through all those feeds. I much too much prefer the UserCP thing to check my subscribed threads…
I did the same... Click RSS link in address bar... but it shows error...

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I already told that it is not working with IE or Firefox 3 or Opera. But it is now working in Safari in Mac OS X Leopard! :eek: And IE8 Beta 2 is showing the feed now but also states there are some errors in it.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Even the design part, how many of you can distinguish a hyperlink from the rest of the text.

You know that's funny. If left alone links on any page would normally show up in the default colours
blue for unvisited
maroon/pink for visited

To have it in the same colour as the text of the forum they would have to actually ADD some code, as you know like link= vlink=
Wonder why have they made it all of the same colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom