Why didn't my Casio watch battery life not last 10 years?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Hi guys, four years ago I bought a Casio watch, to be exact I bought this Buy Casio Standard Analog-Digital Watch - For Men AD84 - Price in India , Buy Casio Standard Analog-Digital Watch - For Men Online In India, Reviews, Ratings & Features | Flipkart.com but after 2 years the battery stopped working or maybe something went wrong, I don't exactly know what happened but my watch just went blank. So I got it repaired from the place I bough it, since that time my battery lasts something like 6 to 8 months, even though I never using the light.
Recently I have been having a lot of problem, every 1 month the watch goes totally blank and then I get it repaired by some petty amount.

So I have two questions:
Firstly, why didn't my watch battery last 10 years? As it is stated boldly on the watch?
Secondly, what can I do to stop this problem of the watch stopping to work after every one month?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Who said battery should last for 10 years? I don't have time to see what battery it uses but frankly I don't expect a 2k watch's battery to last 10 years, not 5 years even. Still if you wanna dig more, go to forums.watchuseek.com.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
^Dude, it should last 10 years because it is written right infront of the dial of the watch.

Daniel Blank

Right off the assembly line
Hey man I have a Casio mens w-96 water resistant and it also says its 10 year battery.
This is b.s if they say its a ten year battery then i expect it to be at least 8-9 years of life.
But instead it lasted me 2 years as well. I believe Casio needs to replace our watches or give
our money back. This same thing happen to my buddy. I'll email Casio, ill tell you if i have any luck.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes, you should. I really can't believe that it's written on the dial of the watch :eek:
@sam- Can you waste a bit time and take a picture? I really wanna see it.
Besides, have you guys purchased from a Casio authorised dealer?

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Yes, you should. I really can't believe that it's written on the dial of the watch :eek:
@sam- Can you waste a bit time and take a picture? I really wanna see it.
Besides, have you guys purchased from a Casio authorised dealer?

Yes, I surely will do that, but probably tomorrow.

Top Bottom