Why Corsair's 450W is best?/Best VFM PSU till date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toofan

Technomancer
Guys I had gone through many threads about PC assembling. And this name "Corsair's 450W" always comes in between. I too have started suggesting this PSU but really don't know its capacities.

1. What is the maximum output this PSU have?
2. At what price is this really available?
3. Is this PSU best and if yes then why?
4. Which models are its competitors?
5. Is this sufficient for HD 4850?

Hope this will help many many buyers.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
bcoz of its efficiency.
It can deliver more than 520w of power.and stable than any psu that costs close to this..and way better than cooler master's extreme series..

So go ahead.

Btw this psu has active power factor correction which requires sine wave ups.otherwise its gonna cause shutdowns and overloads if u use other ups.

tkin

Back to school!!
bcoz of its efficiency.
It can deliver more than 520w of power.and stable than any psu that costs close to this..and way better than cooler master's extreme series..

So go ahead.

Btw this psu has active power factor correction which requires sine wave ups.otherwise its gonna cause shutdowns and overloads if u use other ups.
Please suggest some, Is APC 650VS UPS(3300/-) a sine wave?
I'm getting a Corsair CMPSU 620HX 620w SMPS.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
dude even i checked it out on the net and must say that Corsair VX 450W SMPS beats the hell out of most of the SMPS. It even beats the Cooler Master 600W extreme series PSU's.
It has an efficiency of 83% (the highest amongst all the PSU's) and also is the silent one when it comes to giving high performance. To top it all it comes with a 5 year warranty from the company itself.

P.S.- I am the proud owner of this PSU now.

imgame2

Padawan
all ur questions can be answered by this review here --

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/540/1

but for ur convenience i will quote answers from that website!

1. What is the maximum output this PSU have?

You will bring home a relatively inexpensive power supply that even though is sold as being a 450 W unit can deliver up to 570 W at 48º C – in fact Corsair could have easily labeled this power supply as a 500 W unit, but they preferred to stay on the safe side.
clearly its underrated PSU since corsair wanted to be on safer side!

2. At what price is this really available?
different prices at different places i got it for 3.4k but i heard u can get it at 3.2k as well ! and that too in hariyana !

3. Is this PSU best and if yes then why?
in this price range yes its the best! cos CM600W works on efficiency of 70 % that means 600x70%= about 420 watts of constant power,while vx450 gives 450W even if its rated @450!

Comparing Corsair VX450W to other entry-level power supplies we have reviewed recently (the exception goes to Zalman ZM360B-APS) is like comparing the old VW Beetle to the new one. This model from Corsair brings an updated design with active PFC, higher efficiency, lower noise level and the ability to deliver far more than its labeled power and also more cables: six peripheral power cables against four and six SATA power cables cables against four or even two.
As we mentioned, this product is identical to Antec EarthWatts 500 W, but using better capacitors – it was really good to see Japanese capacitors on an entry-level product
such quality capacitors are not present in CM600W and there is a problem of current locking,which is getting common these days,new CM600W are going kaput more often

warranty
corsair -5 years.
coolermaster -2years.

4. Which models are its competitors?
only coolermaster 600W is its competitor as the other models from other PSU maker like tagan,OCZ and thermaltake are not present in this segment!

5. Is this sufficient for HD 4850?
more than sufficient for HD4850

according to corsair website

*www.corsair.com/psufinder/default.aspx

this can even support a HD4870 without issue ...so HD4850 will be well supported,

i m using a C2D machine with HD4850 with Vx450 ...no problem there !

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
No it ain't.I had this psu..and i own sua 750 which costs 8.4k..in case u can't spend much on a ups plz stay away.get cooler master REAL power psu's

tkin

Back to school!!
No it ain't.I had this psu..and i own sua 750 which costs 8.4k..in case u can't spend much on a ups plz stay away.get cooler master REAL power psu's
Suggest a cheaper alternative at around 5k(BTW my system won't draw much power, getting this PSU for future upgrades)

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
bcoz of its efficiency.

Whats this mean. Please can anyone explain in detail.

So far everyone is saying that this is the best PSU and can give upto 550W output. its amazing.:p

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^^^ I totally agree. Right from the packaging to the performance. Its awsome. Man... I was blown away by the packaging... The wires neatly surrounded by a mesh!!! Performance is mind blowing!!! And best of all... its very silent!!!! :)

Totally satisfied owning a VX450W!!!! :D

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Hey! I just got my TX750 PSU, anyway to find out if my UPS will be able to run it? I don't have any PC right now to test it in!

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
But nobody actualy gives the answer about the UPS - which sinewave ups u will suggest for tht corsair vx450 ??

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
What's this sine wave issue?:confused: I never heard of it earlier anytime. And whats the max power needed by HD4850.
@rajkumar why you bought PSU before PC strange and interesting.:D

Shloeb

In the zone
I have a 3 year old Wipro UPS. I don't know if its sine wave. But it can handle two pcs at the same time. It came with a software that can be installed which can safely shut down the pc if power goes off and charge is about to deplete. For this purpose i have attach a cable from the UPS to the Cabinet. Are these features of a sine wave UPS? Got it for 3500 at that time. Its a 600VA UPS. I have VX450W and never had any problems. I dunno if its sine wave.

tkin

Back to school!!
I posted in a few other forums and the guys there also don't know about such an issue.

They told me what I knew earlier, the Corsair PSU has Hold-Up time of 17 ms, APC online UPS(the one we're talking about) don't need to switch, so no questen of failure, the UPS also supports cold boot and works fine with even the 620w Corsair PSU with a single card system.

The PSUs only draw what they need, so a 1000w PSU might draw as low as 300w or less power, enough for the UPS to handle(max 390w continuous)

So single card owners breath freely, no UPS problem here.

P.S- The Corsair PSUs are the best kind around, they can rectify modified sine wave inputs with ease(Read - Works with non sine wave UPS- like the APC 650va).

So APC 650va will work fine(Don't connect the monitor with the UPS unless its a LCD)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
^^^^So tkin bro, u r saying that I don't have to get paranoid regarding my PSU and UPS compatibility issue? Its a Corsair TX750, and Rajkumar bro, I really don't have a PC, magae to get online from here and there that's why so inconsistent in giving and checking replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom