Why Aishwarya goes to cannes every year?

Please vote why

• To show she got invited again

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • To flaunt her new boring dresses & getting photographed

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • She considers herself as a best international star

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • For vacation

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • For making a fool out of herself or indian fans

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think she is a International model (as she was a miss world )
and she one of the top actress of bollywood as well she acted in 1-2 hollywood movie
and she is bahu of Amitabh bacchan who is considered one of the few to be recognized worldwide

OP

10 numberi

Banned
^^:rofl: I think thats a sarcasm.:D
Anyways I don't have much knowledge about cannes thats why I asked. Everytime there is cannes we see pictures of her in different dresses with no or very little information. I mean information about what was her purpose for visiting there.

I went through few line of wikipedia.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannes_Film_Festival

The festival has become an important showcase for European films. Jill Forbes and Sarah Street argue in European Cinema: An Introduction, that Cannes "became...extremely important for critical and commercial interests and for European attempts to sell films on the basis of their artistic quality" (page 20).[16] Forbes and Street also point out that, along with other festivals such as Venice and Berlin, Cannes offers an opportunity to determine a particular country's image of its cinema and generally foster the notion that European cinema is "art" cinema.[16]

Additionally, given massive media exposure, the non-public festival is attended by many movie stars and is a popular venue for film producers to launch their new films and attempt to sell their works to the distributors who come from all over the globe.
I still don't see any reason for her to visit there every time.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I guess being there makes her (and many others their) feel special , that they a part of something very few people are.

I could be wrong, they might be simply distributing cookies & she goes there to take her share.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
There are worse things to care about why "Aishwarya" goes to canes.
Seriously.. she have to take permission now, before going anywhere? :?

OP

10 numberi

Banned
Then why don't the media let her enjoy it alone.:D Bollywood is a big joke there & cannes?
Bollywood only produces 20-30% (or even less) original good international standard movie every year & she is going to cannes? For what? representing how stupid indian filmmakers or indian people are? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

There are worse things to care about why "Aishwarya" goes to canes.
Seriously.. she have to take permission now, before going anywhere? :?

Agreed.:) But Do I have to take permission now for opening a thread in the chit chat section?...seriously?

Don't take it seriously mate I am not insulting you. Just saying this is a chit chat section we are here for discussing things. Important or not doesn't matter.:D

OP

10 numberi

Banned
Why none is worrying about Mallika Sherawat ?
She's is in Cannes too!!
Lol yes! However she got shadowed by aish.:D

Anyways read the article here: *indiatoday.intoday.in/story/abhish...arya-bachchan-cannes-appearance/1/362876.html
Apart from her dress & looks do you find anything else here? :D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^please start a broader discussion on fashion and makeup trends, would love to hear your illuminating views

OP

10 numberi

Banned
So what did you find AMAZING in that picture apart from her dress & looks ?
What do you think? you tell me. I have already given my views.

Aishwarya is going there for the past 12 years.Thus the thread has been opened in her name to honor her.:D Mallika has just started. But there is no limitation you can discuss about mallika too.:)

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^Dude I think I got your answer.Sometimes a bit of patient googling helps.:)
she goes to cannes every year because she is the brand ambassador of L'Oreal. Also L'Oreal is one of the sponsors of cannes film festival.
Refer 11th & 14th slide.
*www.indiatimes.com/entertainment/b...n-white-at-the-search-premiere-149801-11.html

Also refer here.
*www.indiatimes.com/entertainment/h...a-pinto-eva-longoria-natasha-poly-149032.html

Lóreal page : *www.lorealparis.ca/_en/_ca/redcarpet/hub.aspx

Therefore you can say its a kind of advertisement. She goes there for business as well as self promotion. You know in functions like these you get to meet some international filmmakers too. Thus there is a chance that they may cast you in their next film. I think this is how she got casted in those (almost flop)hollywood movies.:D

Top Bottom