Who all play CHESS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
Wow this is cool!! count me in!! AWESOMEEEEE
gmail: aragorn168b
yahoo: trinity_168b (i dont use yahoo for anything other than chess... so if u add me, pls ping me in gmail).

thks! lets play :)

Rockstar11

Technomancer
hey nice thread... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/113.gif
I play SHATRANJ *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/26.gif... Chess *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif
my favorite board game..*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/16.gif
yahoo ID - rockstar_chess

Last edited:

adi007

Youngling
count me too...:D
yahoo id adithyau[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]in
i dunno how to play chess in yahoo..i am just a n00b in IM,just got the net 2 days back..
BTW will it consume greater bandwidth coz i am on bandwidth diet(250 rs BSNL plan,just 1 GB limit :(

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
^Thanks for the games Rockstar11 . Had tonnes of fun :)

Im online on Y! if anyone interested. Its a hartal in Kerala so Kind of free today.

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
*www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1228/warchess/index.html
is a very good chess game. Though, i don't play it often.14 wins in 18 games is my stats in this game...

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I'm always in the IRC channel when Im online so you can check there. I'd be more than happy to pass on a few tricks. You need to play to get better. try the Vista Chess or GNUchess at Easy levels for beginner.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Thanks for the tips exx_2000. Maybe some more of you can help me on it. Should I buy any book on chess?

No . Beginners should never buy books on chess. First understand the rules. You don't need a chess book for that. Play with the computer on beginner. You'll fail miserably until you start seeing moves like 1 move ahead and understand basic attack concepts. You can play with some friends also . Then dive into intermediate topics like.

Forks, Pins, Discovered checks, etc
How Open Space is Power
Pawn Structure etc

Then go to advanced when confident and study the End game. King Pawn games :)

J

jxcess

why don't u guys play chess on the free internet chess server (www.freechess.org) ? Its a billion times better & more popular than yahoo. also there are chances u'll come across a professional chess player.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Thanks D1g1t , Quiz_master , Medialord for the games. Enjoyed the chess.
why don't u guys play chess on the free internet chess server (www.freechess.org) ? Its a billion times better & more popular than yahoo. also there are chances u'll come across a professional chess player.
Does that site support rankings? Also multiple players and spectators?

J

jxcess

Thanks D1g1t , Quiz_master , Medialord for the games. Enjoyed the chess.

Does that site support rankings? Also multiple players and spectators?

man,that & everything related to chess is supported on fics. it's the best site to play chess. u'll find everything there frm multiple players & spectators to free lectures, tournaments, chess news updates, real time online chess chat discussions. It has multiple channels where u can chat about chess or other related/ non related activity. Trust me (someone who is a real chess fan). I've been playing there a long time, u'll forget yahoo once u play chess on fics. Its even listed on wikipedia. the site is maintained by a team of professionals and it runs on unix. to play on the site u will first have to dwnld one their interfaces or u can use their java platform-independent console which will run within ur browser. u'll find many unix like console commands also being supported. the admins on the site maintain the site 24x7. any grievances are immediately resolved. but there is a catch even though fics is free its not easy to register with just any yahoo or hotmail id. this is to prevent ppl from cheating by using multiple accounts. so u can register by using an id which is not very common, like maybe ur mtnl or bsnl email id or maybe ur office id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom