whichoneis best Soundmagic ES18 or Sennheiser CX 180

akchoudhary24

Broken In
Hi all

Need a IEM under low budget. My SoundMagic E10 just died and warranty is also over. I was a long time user of PL21 and then E10. I would have gote10again but it is now priced 2200(When i bought it was 1500:-?) and I am on tight budget.

So thinking about ES18, but also thinking about changing the brand. Found out Sennheiser CX 180 which is similarly priced. But no idea about sound quality. So can anyone tell which one is better.

OP
A

akchoudhary24

Broken In
So I got 3 Votes for EM1 and 2 for ES18.It is going to be tough decision.
I am Sound Magic loyalist for last 3 year. Never tried any Cowon product.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the new batch of ES18 seems to have a few complains. i replaced my 2012 ES18 and the new one (2014) have a slight hissing sound when paired with pc/laptop. just confirm from more members before going for ES18. didn't do any burn as after 40-50hrs, the noise should have been gone but unfortunately it didn't.

OP
A

akchoudhary24

Broken In
The hissing sound maybe the problem with your unit.

Did somebody else had same problem??

Maybe I should go with COWON EM1,build quality seems better in some review.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396553004.264987.jpg
My Cowon EM1 recently purchased!
Superb one!
I recommend you to get one with mic if you are Phone user!

Sound quality is excellent!
Tangle free cables!
Good Bass!
Superb Build Quality!

They are on par with my EarPods in terms of sound quality!

OP
A

akchoudhary24

Broken In
Is Cowon EM1 with mic is supported by Galaxy Grand2. I earlier had Xperia Pro which doesn't support lots of Earphone with Mic.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Have anyone tested it on Galaxy devices especially Grand 2?
I would really like to buy it today.

Most droids supported, I vaguely remember s3 user using it not sure though.

Visit Cowon india page & ask question in chat section for clarification.

If ready to shell 2k then the new T peos models tank & popular are awesome buy.
T-Peos Tank Review | The Headphone List

Fidue A31 & A32 are also on their way to India[but balanced sounding]
Amazon.com: FIDUE A31 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with Micro Dynamic Driver: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: FIDUE A32 Purple In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with Micro Dynamic Driver: Cell Phones & Accessories

OP
A

akchoudhary24

Broken In
So I think I Will take the risk. Will go Nehru Place market to see I can find these anywhere otherwise I will order them from Amazon or Flipkart but they are giving me min 9 days delivery time.

hitesh

In the zone
So I think I Will take the risk. Will go Nehru Place market to see I can find these anywhere otherwise I will order them from Amazon or Flipkart but they are giving me min 9 days delivery time.

Nehru Place definitely isn't a place for IEMs. There are some shops but then the prices are better online

OP
A

akchoudhary24

Broken In
Prices for soundmagic es18 is 650 and 700 here at Nehru Place. BUT I dint find a single store that sales Cowon Em1. THE GUYS from efuturis and Hot were trying to sale me Iball and senneheiser. I THINK I WILL ORDER ONLINE ONLY.

OP
A

akchoudhary24

Broken In
Bought the earphone from Cowon India website for Rs. 960 and got the delivery in 24 hour :-D
It is supported on Galaxy Devices in case any one wondering.

Currently doing "Burn IN" for overnight.

Top Bottom