Not open for further replies.

rajatrao

Broken In
I have this config

Procy- E8400
Mobo - MSI P45 Platinum
Graphics 2 x Palit HD4850 with 512MB-DDR3 in Crossfire
RAM - 4GB (2x2gb) G-Skill 800MHZ DDR2

My usage is gaming. Please tell me Which version of Vista I should go for. Will Home Premium 32bit be okay?

What is the performance difference between 32bit & 64bit Vista.

Rajat

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I have this config

Procy- E8400
Mobo - MSI P45 Platinum
Graphics 2 x Palit HD4850 with 512MB-DDR3 in Crossfire
RAM - 4GB (2x2gb) G-Skill 800MHZ DDR2

My usage is gaming. Please tell me Which version of Vista I should go for. Will Home Premium 32bit be okay?

What is the performance difference between 32bit & 64bit Vista.

Rajat

Go for Vista Ultimate 32bit or 64bit. 32bit supports 4GB with SP1 but it is yet to fully use it, when 64bit will natively use 4GB+ memories. But you should check out the availability of 64bit drivers for your hardwares as well, without them there is no point in using 64bit.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Windows Ultimate or Home Premium should be your choice. Depending on your budget.

Practically speaking 64 bit should be doubly as fast as 32 bit but it doesn't happen because applications are not able to use the complete power of 64 bit proccies.

Check if the applications you use would run on 64 bit. If yes, go in for 64 bit Ultimate - that would be ultimate :D

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
This guy has posted the same post in two different sections:!::!:
What do you think we won't get to know. Keep it to one section buddy.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95678

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Windows Xp sp3 would be better for gaming purpose. If you want to run vista then vista ultimate 64 bit would be ok

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Correct again.
Go for the 64Bit version as you have 4GB RAM because the 32Bit version dosent support more than 3.5GB RAM. :)

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
For your 4GB RAM to fully work, I recommend 64bit computing
as for the version, windows ultimate is great for gaming but you can lower the cost and go for Home Premium.

OP
R

rajatrao

Broken In
@KPower Mania &
@ comp@ddict

It is not a spam thread. It was a genuine question asked in "Software Troubleshooting" section. The other post (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95678) you mentioned was a thanks to advice I have received on hardware troubleshooting forum. I have also posted prices etc. in "Post your latest Purchase" thread in hardware forum.

Now thanks to advice I got in this thread, I have bought Vista Home Premium 32 bit OEM.
I considered buying 64bit, but I use many sw that may not be 64 bit compliant.

Rajat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom