Which video system you should own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
*aycu10.webshots.com/image/46649/2005490042549385400_rs.jpg

found it pretty accurate.:D

damn,I forgot to write game in the title :((It should have been video game)

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
Investing in new-gen consoles is better as you have to constantly upgrade to play upcoming games. This is my opinion so dont flame me.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The only real advantage of PC over other gaming platforms is in the First Person Shooter genre. For everything else consoles with their controllers are better. I just don't understand how anybody can play games like Prince of Persia or car racing games with a keyboard or mouse. You mussht have a controller for that, which comes by default with consoles.

Plus playing FPS with a controller isn't all that bad. It might not offer the same level of accuracy at headshots as the mouse but once you get used to it, it's pretty awight. But there is no way you can get used to playing POP or Devil May Cry with a keyboard+mouse.

Plus there the bullshit to upgrade to your hardware every friggin' time an awesome new game comes out. With a console you are sure that atleast for the next 5 years you'll only be spending on the games only.

Rant over. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I played POP and most racing games on Mouse and kb. It all comes to the developer's innovation while designing combos and moves.

Though DMC was fcuking annoying with keyboard only controls.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The thing is that neither the keyboard and mouse were designed with gaming in mind. Mouse works a treat for FPS because it essentially is a pointing device and that ability really helps in FPS. But the keyboard is a real pain in the fingers. It is just a huge board with lots of buttons, none of which are arranged with gaming in mind. The game developers then have to improvise and find ways to make use of all those buttons.

On a controller all the buttons are pressure sensitive and the input varies upon the pressure on the button. For example the acceleration of the car on the screen depends upon the amount of pressure you give on the buttons unlike the ON/OFF nature of keyboard buttons, which means you are either fully accelerating or not accelerating at all. Same goes for the controller joy sticks. You can actually control the amount of steering input on the car unlike keyboards where you suddenly turn sharply left or right.

Plus controllers have that vibration effect which helps making you feel part of the action.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Come on, it's like 2 years old joke.

@bumpters, wtfbbq?

@The_Devil_Himself n00b: Please spend some more time on Int3rn3tz.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Like as if I have time :rolleyes:
Oh so u are busy stealing horses and women, i wonder if you plan some lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom