which thermal paste to buy?

saz

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

I have just bought Corsair H50 from a fellow member here, now I need a good thermal compound to use it with the processor mentioned below in my sig. Kindly suggest me a good thermal compound.

I don't have much idea either about various brands and their specifications or about the price range. I would really like the budget to be as less as possible but don't want to compromise on quality.

Thanks!

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
i my opinion both ARCTIC SILVER 5 and ARCTIC MX2 are good options. Last I enquired , AS5 was available at Nehru Place (a shop on the First Floor, don't remember the name of the shop ) at Rs. 400.

You can also try lynx-india Artic Cooling ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India to buy thermal compound.

OP
saz

saz

Journeyman
Hey Guys, How good are Cooler Master thermal pastes? I went to local computer market and there most of the shopkeepers were either unaware of TIM or they offered some local paste in small boxes for 20-30 rs.

Only one shop had Cooler Master thermal paste and was asking for Rs. 200. Is it worth to buy cooler master TIM? or I should go to Nehru Place to buy Arctic Silver5/MX2/MX4 or Tuniq MX4?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Only one shop had Cooler Master thermal paste and was asking for Rs. 200. Is it worth to buy cooler master TIM?

That must be Cooler Master HTK-002 and is overpriced... Also its electrically conductive..

If u are not open to get it online, ask for cooler master Thermal Fusion 400 ~ Rs. 450

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Babylon A.D - 3/10
Thank God i watched it on TV...
its simply would have been waste of bandwidth
maybe Uncut one was better

B.S. in the name of post-apocalyptic movie

What the hell was the movie about!!

OP
saz

saz

Journeyman
@megamind: yes, I guess it was Cooler Master HTK-002. I would buy TIM from SMC Nehru Place now or might think of buying online. Thanks!

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
The best would be Indigo Extreme but thats a metal interface that will corrode and damage aluminum coolers so I cant recommend it. There is IC Diamond which literally uses diamonds in its paste but shin etsus are better. There is also another company with a tube based metal interface TIM but I forgot its name.

X23 has two common variants- 7762 and 7783D. this review compares the G751 and the two X23s. you might wanna have a look:

Shin-Etsu G751, X23-7762, and X23-7783D Review | Skinnee Labs

here is a comprehensive list of TIM reviews

Thermal Compound | Skinnee Labs

EDIT: Get the Prolimatech PK-1. Best paste in the market lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom