Which SMPS is best suited for this config

rahuleyes

Broken In
I was using VIP 500W Gold psu since last 3 years, now it got a fault in wires. Unfortunately warranty expired 2 months back. Now I need to change it and need all experts advice for budget psu, maxium 4k is my budget.

My Config :

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66GHz, 1333Mhz)
XFX 650i Ultra Mother board
SunBeam Core-Contact freezer with 120mm CPU Cooler
3 HDDs (1TB Seagate SATA2, another 1TB Seagate SATA2, 320GB Seagate SATA2)
4GB ram (2x2GB DDR2 667Mhz)
1 Cd ROM
1 DVD writer
XFX 8400GS graphics card.
LG 22" LCD ( i use direct power supply for this & not from SMPS)
Zebronics Jhansi Cabinet with 3 80mm fans & 2 120mm fans.
APC 650VA UPS

In near future am gonna build another system for me. So i wont need any upgrade to my current system in future.

Pls suggest some best and Value for Money PSU.

@ The Sorcerer (if you can spare a time to reply, it will be great help)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
If you're going to buy a psu now, chances are you might make upgrades in the near future- minor and/or major. Keeping all factor in mind, pay about 800 bucks more and get Corsair CMPSU-600G for 4.8k! I am pretty sure the newer vx and certain older TX series are not as good as it used to be, but they are still reliable enough. VX550 is the alternate.

If you're not going to upgrade at all, anything betwen vx450~ vx550~ GS 600~ Seasonic S12II-500 (If you're not getting the 3 mentioned above

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
First of all thanks for you reply.

No i am not going to upgrade this system in future, as I am planning for another whole new system with much advanced config. Current system will remain intact for general use like mid level gaming and office work. I am not going to add any power hungry hardware now in this PC (except my N85 via USB)

VX450 is able to handle my current config ?

or you suggest VX550. Can you pls quote the approx prices of vx550,vx450.

I am a rare gamer, Usually need multitasking, HD movies etc. Nothing like ripping or full cpu sucking apps.

Tell me the one which can handle above things and can even manage a bit more incase of need. Also it doesnt matters to increase budget to 1 or 2k, but as am planning to build new system in near future, i dont want to invest a much in this.

Again thanks for your reply.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You don't need to increase the budget significantly. Still, extra boot space always helps. These units have a good 5 year warranty period in the future in any case so if you upgrade your hardware in the near future, best to get a good enough psu so that you can use for your future build as well.

Should you not wish to, vx450~Seasonic s12II 500 is adequate.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
Whats that Seasonic s12II 500 ?

Yes i wish if vx450 can do the job, if its not sufficient for extra boot space then can even go for another. Your word will be final. Waiting for the final one :)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Its a power supply. Some corsair unit's are made by seasonic. Seasonic is one of the most reliable power manufacturers known and AFAIK for retails, they made for corsair and certain Antec units. Many manufacturers even use seasonic's reference designs on their power supplies as well so yeah- seasonic is trusted.

Final word is vx550~Corsair GS600~seasonic S12II 500 if you need an extra boot space. VX450 is adequate for this system+ certain minor upgrades.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
Ok vx450 OR vx550 final now. Will check the price for difference between these too, if vx550 costs cheap, will go for that.

I called up every dealer in my city, it seems nobody sells CORSAIR here in AHMEDABAD. There are no details at corsair site, even i called up toll free 18004255464 (support). They even dont know any dealer in AHMEDABAD.

Strange.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
hey or you could try using cooler master GX550W which wud be sufficient for ur system and wud cost around 4.2k i thinks so !!!

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
Bought Corsair vx550 @ 4.8k (including all taxes)

a great thanks to The Sorcerer and all others supported me.

Insalled PSU in system, its running great, the only issue is i installed too much fans (Zebronics Jhansi cabby, 5 fan slots & 1 fan fitted by case modding) with the intention of cooling and now its making too much noice. Need to remove some of them or need to replace them with some good CFM and LOW DB fans.

Thanks to all.

Top Bottom