Which Sapphire Graphics card to buy ?

rixon.d9

Journeyman
Hey guys , I want to add graphics card to my below config so I can play all the latest FPS at maxed out settings.
Please recommend . I have shortlisted Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC version. Budget is 30K.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Call of Duty, Battlefield , Fifa15 , Far Cry , Gta and other upcoming games

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30K.

Intel Core i5 4570 | Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3 | Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz | ANTEC HCG 620M | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD | Cooler Master HAF 912.

Too many confusing names for the same product is bugging me !!!

Please recommend from this site as i'll be buying online from Computer Components Store in the Middle East - Gear-up.me .Thanks if anyone could look up and help. Again Budget below 1800AED.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see the R9 290 listed is DDR3 version . DDR5 version available at *uae.dtcae.com/product/sapphire-radeon-r9-290-4gb-gddr5-dual-dvidhdmidp-trix-oc-version-4766/ costs significantly higher.

[strike]You didn't list your PSU. Please mention which PSU do you have, Specify the exact make and model.[/strike]

Didn't see the 620M.

Get Zotac GTX 970 instead. Lower price and better performance.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
ASUS GTX970-STRIX-DC2OC-4GD5 - Gear-up.me

MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G - Gear-up.me

GIGABYTE GTX970 4GB (256) active 2xD H 3xDP D5 - Gear-up.me

GIGABYTE GTX970 4GB (256) active 2xD H 3xDP ITX D5 - Gear-up.me

OP
R

rixon.d9

Journeyman
buy gtx 970 very good gpu

How does it compare with R9 290 Tri-X OC version ? Well the charts show they both at same level.

- - - Updated - - -

ASUS GTX970-STRIX-DC2OC-4GD5 - Gear-up.me

MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G - Gear-up.me

GIGABYTE GTX970 4GB (256) active 2xD H 3xDP D5 - Gear-up.me

GIGABYTE GTX970 4GB (256) active 2xD H 3xDP ITX D5 - Gear-up.me

what points do I consider when choosing manufacturer ? which card of the above would you recommend ?

- - - Updated - - -

Checked many reviews online and thx a ton for suggesting the GTX 970 . Last point is which model to buy from the above links?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Get msi gaming 4g or Asus stri-x. It is your pick. Consider service locations of these manufacturers before purchase!.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
the cheapest of all gtx 970 is the zotac standard version which retails for 25,100 to 26000 locally

OP
R

rixon.d9

Journeyman
Bought Asus Strix at 1450Aed with 3yrz warranty ...MSI 4G was available at 1500Aed
Thanks evry1 here for suggesting the Gtx970 and guiding me. Will upload pics soon
Thanks Digit

OP
R

rixon.d9

Journeyman
Can somebody tell me which software I should install to be able to play games. Already installed DirectX , Net.framework, C++ visual , ASUS Graphics drivers.
Do I need to install Nvidia physx Drivers ?

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20150124_165324.jpg
IMG_20150124_180325.jpg

Pictures of my CPU with GPU installed. no LED or aftermarket coolers yet.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
forum's attachment system do not work. you may upload in some image sharing websites like imgur.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can somebody tell me which software I should install to be able to play games. Already installed DirectX , Net.framework, C++ visual , ASUS Graphics drivers.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 15148
View attachment 15149

Install graphics driver from nvidia's website as those are always latest. And if you don't change the default install options physX should be automatically installed for nvidia cards.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 15148
View attachment 15149

> Use imgur to attach images.

> Download the latest drivers form Nvidia's website. Drivers supplied in the disk with the GPU are not the latest one.

> Those softwares should be enough. Anything else will be installed by the game itself.

Top Bottom