which Pc wud b ideal 4 every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

[flAsh]

In the zone
I wanna purchase a new PC which wud not only run low end games but also high end games smoothly. By smoothly I mean reasonably smoothly

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
consider this b4 buyin , this must be the min config to play the games(present and upcoming)reasonably smoothly or the investment will be a waste.and dont go for a 5200 many ppl here will suggest a 5200 , a 5200 is nice & economical but surely not good buy now ,currently on many games a 5200 makes u compromise on gameing experince ,so definitely not for the games releasing in upcoming yr .

proccessor not below a p4 2.4 Ghz or AMD equivalent

RAM not less than 512 MB running @ 333/400

AGP/PCI-X at least a 6600GT

MOBO based atleast on a intel 865 one or an AMD equivalent

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The core of Playing a game today Most porbably would lie in the most obvious graphic card purachse,which many people seem to have a restricted Budget say about 3k to 4k which wont fecth them much more than the low-end budget card like Fx5200.Hence compromising on gameplay.So If you consider Gaming as your Major purpose (Both casual and Hardcore i.e.) consider having yourself with enough money left to buy a good Graphic card.Smooth Gameplay would depend on what settings you actually like playing the game on....If higher resolutions with most eye candy on then dont consider anything below a 6600Gt Or Radeon 9800Pro.

Hence the system can be squared off to a AMD Athlon 64 bit processor,a Motherboard Like Asus K8N,Minimum Of 512MB DDR Ram,80GB Hard Disk or if more needed than a Segate 160Gb One,Cabinet of course must have 400Watts of power,Keyboard and Mouse as per you pref,Monitor 17" Minimum CRT or 15" LCD and at last the graphic card must be "Atleast" a Ati Radeon 9600Xt Above type and Geforce 6600Gt would probably make The best VFM Buy.

damnthenet

Journeyman
Get my dream PC if you can

P4 4 ghz
1 GB RAM
120 GB HDD
512 MB GeForce graphic card

This is quiet possible virtually. But it w'd cost you nearly 75k. Go gaming!

damnthenet

fragileninja

Broken In
damnthenet said:

P4 4 ghz
1 GB RAM
120 GB HDD

damnthenet

Joking man!!! 8)

escape7

What? Where? How?
damnthenet said:

P4 4 ghz
1 GB RAM
120 GB HDD

damnthenet

well when i bought my pc it cost me 72K

here is the config :

P III - 1 ghz
128 MB of RAM
40 GB HDD

web cam, ball mouse, creative speakers

No external graphic card, no cd-writer(forget a'bt DVD rom), no printer.

i know the costs of some parts :

Monitor : 18, 000
Motherboard : 9,000
Speakers : 14,000

damnthenet

Journeyman
The PCs are down to earth, almost literally! Don't bring in examples of buying PCs at 70+K years before. I know a friend whose father bought a PC in 1980s for a lakh. The bitterest fact is that even Win 95 isn't compatible with it. The world is changing. And you got to keep pace with it. It's IT.

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
Edit by Deep: If you use abusive language again then you will get free warning, I "ll spend on a dual core processor not a FX series.
Also AMD is soon 2 update their socket interface frm 939 to 1001
so I "ll wait
I "ll spend all my scholarship earned till now on it
so I wud say only onle thing
"I AM LOVING IT"

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
Also AMD is soon 2 introduce DDRII memory controllers and Intel will experiment with XDR memory controllers in their North Bridge of new Chipset for dual core processor . Intel is also about 2 introduce sum SLI sort of Stuff but without dividing PCI-Ex16 bus ie it will feature 2 PCI-Ex16 buses and thus slots.

so I think I can wait till the day I see Doom III getting FPS above 100.

Also nVidia and ATi are soon to introduce their new GPU's which wud hav double the performance of their current gen hihest end Gpus ie 6800 Ultra and X850XT PE

And ATi and nVidia are also going to come up with their new chipsets for AMD and Intel

So I think waiting is Reward full

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
rohanbee said:
Alienware --- the one and only pc i will buy when i make some good money..........

I think u havn't seen any Lan Party till now on Ten Sports b'coz if u had seen it the custom build or assembled pc's who use the mobo's especially ordered and costs almost double or many times more than the alienware and so r ahead in performance

Plz take my commnet in healthy spirit I hav no intentoins 2 hurt u :wink:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Athlon64 + nforce4 sli mobo + dual 6600GT
1 gb ddr400 + 120gb sata hdd
17" lcd + creative megaworks 5.1 + creative inspire 2

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
where r we roaming

In the first place this thread is wrongly posted( may be by mistake), secondly i think flash has made his mind about what pc he is going to buy by advertising his so called scholarship and i guess he boasted about in it in some other thread also ...being in MIT..... then y in the first place he has posted this thread???? :twisted: :evil: :twisted: MODS please do check out this guys foul language...... is he asking for suggestions or wants to boast and use foul laguage...... :?:

rohanbee

Padawan
[flAsh said:
]
rohanbee said:
Alienware --- the one and only pc i will buy when i make some good money..........

I think u havn't seen any Lan Party till now on Ten Sports b'coz if u had seen it the custom build or assembled pc's who use the mobo's especially ordered and costs almost double or many times more than the alienware and so r ahead in performance

Plz take my commnet in healthy spirit I hav no intentoins 2 hurt u :wink:

Well u'r right never seen it. What time and day is it shown on. Would loveto watch it......
Anything customised dear friend is always better than stock. A customised Ferrari would anybody be better than a stock one and the same is with Alienware which is stock in a sense now.

anubhav_har

In the zone
go for amd cpu .. 512 or 1024 mb ram and a 256mb graphics card. other accesories are optional. Also go for a 400w smps and have a good cooling fan installed as you are dealing with very hot material

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
Re: where r we roaming

wizrulz said:
In the first place this thread is wrongly posted( may be by mistake), secondly i think flash has made his mind about what pc he is going to buy by advertising his so called scholarship and i guess he boasted about in it in some other thread also ...being in MIT..... then y in the first place he has posted this thread???? :twisted: :evil: :twisted: MODS please do check out this guys foul language...... is he asking for suggestions or wants to boast and use foul laguage...... :?:

This post is no how on the section and moreover the language I use is quite common in the forum. We r all friends here and plz if u don't like the post criticize it but mildly b'coz it hurts sumtimes.

U r saying that I am advertising my scholarship. How did this idea strike u??

I untill now hav posted about many configs but if u check it nicely u will find that those were of my relatives or friends

And fOR MY LANGUAGE "IN THE JOKES SECTION U WILL FIND THE LANGUAGE MORE BAD AND FOUL THAN THAT OF MINE"

Anyways now since u hav pointed out I won't use words like F**k off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom