Which one's a better protection suite for a Windows 7 pc - Kaspersky pure 3.0 or Norton 360

Praveen k. Singh

Right off the assembly line
Guys! I am confused which one to buy - Kaspersky pure 3.0 or Norton 360 for my windows 7 pc! both have much to offer on hand. Currently I am checking out kaspersky pure 3.0 and wanted to know if Norton 360 is any better? and how?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
first install a trial for both softwares & see for yourself.on some peoples systems kaspersky perform better & on others peoples systems norton performs better.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
go for internet security at max. I dont think kaspersky pure or norton 360 is required.The additional features in those antivirus are not essential for daily use. Download their internet security versions and try it first. If you are satisfied with a specific one ,then buy it.

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ Actually MSE is pretty good for regular usage. Even I recommend to go for MSE and Comodo Firewall. Totally free solution and protects your PC nicely.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it depends on what type of user you are.someone like me can get away without using any AV at all but still for peace of mind i currently use bitdefender free after using kaspersky for ~2.5 years.if you don't consider yourself knowledgeable enough about system security(talking about virtualization,zero-day exploits,DEP,ASLR,SEHOP,SRP,UAC,rootkits etc) then you are better off with free AVs like avast & avira or paid ones like norton,bitdefender,kaspersky compared to MSE unless you use net only to browse youtube,gmail & sites like thinkdigit.

ratul

█████████████████
Kaspersky user here, and recommend that hands down over norton... :bananana:

btw, though i know that these tests don't reflect real world statistics, but AV-Comparatives has released latest may 2013 real-world protection results, and as usual, kaspersky is on top:
*i.imgur.com/X8FcXmu.jpg

SOURCE: *chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
yup, kaspersky's the best out there ... well the virus detection rate is high and the best thing about kaspersky is that its pretty nicely laid(nice interface) and is very user friendly along with lot of optins

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
don't underestimate Norton because of the low counts of viruses in its scans. That's being naive. Norton implements a different algorithm than others &shows you only the virus whereas others will add the infected files as virus. That's not accurate! Once Norton removes the main culprit , all infected files are safe now. Its SONAR feature is impressive.
ESET is another good option. As said by white_star999 above you should try the software first to see which one is best suited for your system.

Top Bottom