Which of these is my ipaddress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
Iam a BSNL Dataone Home 500plan user.I login to my modem settings using the ip 192.168.1.1.In Windows my ip address in the TCP/IP properties in the network settings is 192.168.1.136.
When I open sites such as www.portforward.com it shows my ip as 117.XX.XX.something.
Which of these is my actual ip address?
Then what are the other two ips?
Is I having a dynamic ip?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
192.168.1.1 is your modem's IP. 192.168.1.136 is your IP as the modem sees it (private lan between your pc and modem). 117.XX.XX.something is the IP that the world sees (public IP).

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
if i am not wrong then indian ip address are 59.x.x.x howcome u r getting 117.x.x.x!!!!!!!

I think the old BSNL dataone users had the 59.x.x.x

I have the new connection which as ip in the form 117.x.x.x and I even use a different portal to find my net usage.

One doubt here:
Is I having a Dynamic ip address?
How to find out that?
Is there any way to change my ip?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I think the old BSNL dataone users had the 59.x.x.x

I have the new connection which as ip in the form 117.x.x.x and I even use a different portal to find my net usage.

Absolutely right :p

One doubt here:
Is I having a Dynamic ip address?
How to find out that?
Is there any way to change my ip?

Just take the simple method to determine if u are using a dynamic ip. When connected to internet, please take note of the ip address. Then disconnect and reconnect, again check the ip. Compare the previous with the later and u will find out the truth. :D

hansraj

In the zone
thanks .... i didnt know this that now new bsnl connections are given the ip address of 117.X.X.x

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
Absolutely right :p

Just take the simple method to determine if u are using a dynamic ip. When connected to internet, please take note of the ip address. Then disconnect and reconnect, again check the ip. Compare the previous with the later and u will find out the truth. :D

I checked.Iam having a Dynamic ip.
Is there any disadvantage in having a Dynamic ip?
Is there any way I can change my ip so that I can download frm sites such as rapidshare without limitations?
Also Is there any way I can hide my ip or change it so that I can do some phishy things on the net so that even the FBI wont find me?:)

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I checked.Iam having a Dynamic ip.
Is there any disadvantage in having a Dynamic ip?

The main disadvantage is that you cant set up a server in your PC having a dynamic ip.

Is there any way I can change my ip so that I can download frm sites such as rapidshare without limitations?

You can download now from these sites right away. All u have to do is after downloading a file, disconnect and reconnect. Then proceed with the next download. As ur ip is changed, Rapidshare cant make out that u just downloaded another file. ;)

Also Is there any way I can hide my ip or change it so that I can do some phishy things on the net so that even the FBI wont find me?:)

Listen, if u are after doing some phishy thing, u can hide urself behind some proxies. But some organizations like FBI or CIA can easily track you when they will contact BSNL, your ISP in case. :rolleyes:

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
You can download now from these sites right away. All u have to do is after downloading a file, disconnect and reconnect. Then proceed with the next download. As ur ip is changed, Rapidshare cant make out that u just downloaded another file. ;)

But I have one more doubt too.Is it possible to do the click fraud in Google's Adsense?
;)

Any ways thank u BSNL:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom