Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D.O.S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

allajunaki

Journeyman
well dude beleive me or not I can RUN DOOM3 on linux...!
what i showed u was that, if required u have the necessary tools to make the OS do what u want it to do. Otherwise u can simply install SuSe or RedHat or Mandrake or Knopix and not touch with config files...
while i do agree Windows is easier for Novices, what i dont understand is if U guys dont give a Damn about ur comp and "just" want to play doom3 (I too play doom3, Love the graphics), then what the hell are you doing in this topic... U reading this post itself indicates ur interest...

Anyways as much as i hate to admit it, windows IS relativley easy to use, but once u taste the Tux then its a lil difficult to go to XP.

But i still use XP for one reason, MY GAMES!!! while Linux can run games as good or a lil better than Windowz (Linux has a better multithreading kernel), Windows gaming is Hassle free!

But comming back to being userfriendly , have u used Knopix? just pop in and boot, Nothing needed! not even drivers, Just POP the CD and run the OS, Once done no need to even shut it down, Just switch off ur PC and goto sleep!

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
allajunaki said:
while Linux can run games as good or a lil better than Windowz (Linux has a better multithreading kernel), Windows gaming is Hassle free!
Hardware manufacturers have to wake up and release Open Source drivers for their hardware and support Linux kernel natively... What we see is most of the times, reverse engineering done by dedicated programmers, wherein they figure out how to port that game/driver to linux ....

allajunaki said:
have u used Knopix? just pop in and boot, Nothing needed! not even drivers,
Nope! Internal Modems are not supported on Knoppix Live CD

allajunaki said:
Once done no need to even shut it down, Just switch off ur PC and goto sleep!
That's not a good idea...

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
U can run DOOM 3 on Linux using this installer :

*www.linux-militia.net/howtos/doom3/doom3_installer.sh

allajunaki

Journeyman
well I have all the tools, I just havent run Doom3 on linux yet... (As the tool Cedega conflicts with another software Win4Lin in my system...).
Moreover running Doom3 on linux is not a priority for me... (As i have XP to do that task...!). Moreover i'm a lil busy perfecting other aspects of Linux...

Well as theraven has mentioned u can get tons of screenshots for Longhorn on the net... But if u wanna see it still, u just tell me, i can take some from my system..(Although I suggest the net as they have covered virtually all Aspects of Longhorn in their screenshots).

theraven

Technomancer
?? longhorn is dead ?
its not even born yet ..
i mean its in alfa. .. so we havent really seen what it does

allajunaki

Journeyman
Dude LongHorn is in alpha stage... Current Alpha versions dont even have two key features that is slated to be its pillar.
Avlon Presentation Engine.
Win FS- Next Generation File System that is going to store files in structure similar to relational Database.

allajunaki

Journeyman
Mac OS X is one of the best OS today in my opinion... The trouble is that it runs only on a Mac (by Apple). So it cannot be run on a normal PC, and MAC is not exactly cheap. So it very unpopular in in India...

Now another interesting thing is Steve Jobs (Main Dude of Apple) has a back up plan if Mac computers fail, Introduce Mac OS X to x86 platform!!! He even has some fulltime programmers porting it to x86 (Technically its possible as its Unix based.). Now if Mac OSX is even better than Linux, in my opinion, as its Unix based and almost all tools of linux works in Mac OS X and added to that is the fact that Mac OS X is MUCH , MUCH More Userfriendly than Windows, and has almost same power as Linux because its got Unix @ heart.
well check this out if u have any doubts
*www.apple.com/macosx/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom