Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D.O.S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

godfather

Broken In
guys which 1 do u think is the best O.S. please cast your vote & tell which 1 u like or don't like & why ? i need the survey for my project.please specify linux company by posting.if u choose linux

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Old thread but I think its relevant for you :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1091&highlight=

I like WinXP for its stability ...

prankzter

Journeyman
i think UNIX iz da best when it comes 2 features and great networking
facilities. But then again majority of the softwarez thez dayz r made 4 windowz or LINUX platform so UNIX does not score here!

technomodel

Journeyman
linux if u r a rebel and like to customise anything and everything you use.
on a question of stability linux is in no way behind xp, if not ahead.neither do u need to patch it for sasser et al :D . but if all you need is an operating system which always installs anything and everything you want, and dont give a damn about how it is done, xp is d best.

sUlPhUr|nE`

Broken In
This is indeed a stupid question. Is there any chance of DOS, Windows Longhorn BETA being one of the best OSes????
well...I wud vote for WinXP since it is more user friendly. If it was about security, network & other services, I wud vote for linux(Fedora Core 2)

OP
G

godfather

Broken In
not stupid at all!

This is indeed a stupid question. Is there any chance of DOS, Windows Longhorn BETA being one of the best OSes????
do u tjink so buddy ?say it to my comp teacher she asked me to include these options.LH i added by myself cause i just love it & what is it about DOS still many computers run on DOS

tuxfan

Technomancer
Just to inform you guys. A friend of mine has an infected WinXP machine. It is infected by a worm called w32.koborg.w (or something like that). Symantec site gives an application to take care of it, but says that if the vulnerability is not patched, his machine will get repeatedly infected. :( :roll:

Just because of these kind of security issues, I cannot vote for WinXP as the best OS. I would prefer Win98 over WinXP. :( But Linux is my first choice :)

prathapml

Broken In
gimme linux anyday.
Stable, wide hardware support, customisable to *ANY*thing, good application support. There's no other OS which can run on your wrist-watch and PDA/mobile-phone, as well as your MP3 player, as well as on an IBM z-Series Mainframe - *www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/.

Fedora Core 1 + kernel 2.6 :thumbup

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Guyz, I vote for the GNU/Linux operating system.... at least that way i can say, i have a legal computer with legal sotwares installed at my home.

Honestly, how many of you guys have a licenced version of win98/XP ??? i'm not talking about OEM version since it comes preinstalled...

i think if you are including DOS then you should also include BSD operating system also... remember, its the Berkeley guys that wrote the original protocol stacks for tcp/ip and other network stacks...

Not a long while ago, Micro$oft's Hotmail Servers used to run on BSD Unix only... and their DNS servers still run a program called bind on BSD unix

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
XP is all right . 98se was still better.
but looking at all those penguins here is defenitely prompting me to try linux !!

prathapml

Broken In
Yup! you'll not be making a bad decision by trying out linux.
Start off with Mandrake or something, the other distributions aren't THAT beginner friendly. (Lycoris and Xandros are, but they aren't free to download)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
mariner said:
but looking at all those penguins here is defenitely prompting me to try linux !!

Yup! get hold of a Knoppix CD from a geek near you... if you are in mumbai then get in touch with me.

tuxfan

Technomancer
from a geek near you
He is from Mumbai GNUrag!! He will find you very much near him :lol:

Even I am from Mumbai. So if you need any distros that I have, just drop in with CD-R and I will copy them for you. :)

Kannan

In the zone
Yeah me too. I like Windows XP Pro a lot.

But had little difficulty in the first during Activation. Also it was costly during the purchase.

But now it looks & works great !!!

allajunaki

Journeyman
I prefer Xp and Linux,
XP for its idiot proof Interface, But i dislike its lack of advanced features
Linux for its Sheer Power and flexiblity, But it has a tendency to Rag the new users, LOL
But seriously check this postup of mine..(Its a Long story), to understand why linux is sooo good. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5918

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
WOW WOW....I, being a very simple user and a bit of leg into gaming too i dono which OS can give me all but Windows...
I mean LINUX is great and FRee...and i am sure other are good too...but somehome i just cant get this out of my head....i need to run outlook ..then synchronise it with my Sonyericsson before i leave home...and then run all odd software to install JAVA games into my mobile and then before i sleep ...get a hang of Some beautiful GAMES with all bells and whistles ( As digit Calls It )...Yaa my bread and butter is Auto Cad...( ITs not Pirated but a demo version for One month ..i use it until it expires and i find other Demo for one month :) )
Tell me which Os besides windowsXP can do me this favour..( i Run Legal Copy of Windows XP , Stolen from IT Expo :) ) And Yes i agree Linux is good and stable but Please dont glorify anything just for the sake of it ..I dont blame Linux for the lack of Drivers...as its not there flaut...moreever Windows dont write drivers for its OS ...its the people who write them and one can't blame People is they write more drivers for windows ...
See :lol: Windows XP is it for me...!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom