Planning a new build,
Processor is i5 3570k
mostly HD 7850 2 GB GDDR5 card.

need a good z77 mobo, my budget is max 15K INR
Please help me with your valuable feedback

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
even I prefer Maximus V Gene over vpro but it's not that everyone likes likes a matx mobo and the rest of the tow are a little more hard to find.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
ASRock Z77 Extreme6 or Asus P8Z77-V Pro. The rest aren't really worth looking at IMO (Maximus V Gene-Z aside). If you can go just a little higher you might be able to find an ASRock Fatality Z77 Professional for about 17K.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
even I prefer Maximus V Gene over vpro but it's not that everyone likes a matx mobo and the rest of the two are a little more hard to find.

You are talking like a ROG fan.

ASRock Z77 Extreme6 or Asus P8Z77-V Pro. The rest aren't really worth looking at IMO (Maximus V Gene-Z aside). If you can go just a little higher you might be able to find an ASRock Fatality Z77 Professional for about 17K.

asrock board for 15K budget? Neah!

Last edited:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
d6bmg said:
asrock board for 15K budget? Neah!

Reviews say the high end boards are pretty good, and feature wise it still beats almost everyone else hands down. I'd take an ASRock over MSI hands down; and over Gigabyte if the features were right.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Now this is what I call a great pricing: ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

AcceleratorX

Youngling
^^ Are you sure ASRock Z77 Extreme6 is around ~15k - because on primeabgb it's listed at Rs. 18.5k

Am I ;-)

BTW, how good is Biostar TZ77XE4 - it's available at ~14k.

According to this site, yes it is:
Buy ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 Online | India

And Biostar TZ77XE4 is a decent board as is the MSI Z77A-G45, but ASRock simply offers more features at this price range than all of those IMO.

skywalker5555

Broken In
Asrock mobo's are having problem ... two of the cpu pins are bent ... so ur 2 mem slots wont work ... if u r lucky u ll get a perfect mobo...
Same situation happened with many people ....
Asus is the way to go "Asus Maximus V GENE " my personal choice

funskar

Padawan
Get Gigabyte G1 sniper m3 for 11.2k from itwares

GIGABYTE G1 Sniper M3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Nice find - really a great bard for the pricing

According to this site, yes it is:
Buy ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 Online | India

And Biostar TZ77XE4 is a decent board as is the MSI Z77A-G45, but ASRock simply offers more features at this price range than all of those IMO.

check out this great offering ;-)
ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Why you guys are suggesting these boards when you have the option & scope to suggest board from more reliable & reputable companies?

I think it's about time we need to get some answer from OP .... we are just presenting him with all the available options and Asrock/Biostar has also some decent products around 15k and have some good review with many people liking them.

OK , if OP has no issue with Asus then ASUS P8Z77-V Pro ( for atx ) and Maximus V GENE ( for matx with great OC capability and other goodies of RoG series ).

AcceleratorX

Youngling
@skywalker5555: Every ASRock board I've seen came perfect out of the box; no bent pins or anything like you say (yes even the new Z77 ones). My college uses ASRock boards and those PCs are OLD and they are still kicking.....I've had a few niggles with Asus boards actually (though easily fixed) over the years. Doesn't mean Asus is bad though. The fact is that competition is very tight in the motherboard sector and especially with boards costing so much you'd better deliver the quality since you aren't going to be getting much sales in terms of volume. So basically all brands will be at least decent and you can see that even ECS' high end boards receive (somewhat) decent reviews. As for ASRock and Biostar these boards are getting pretty good reviews and are priced very competitively, so it's wise to give them a second look.

skywalker5555

Broken In
@skywalker5555: Every ASRock board I've seen came perfect out of the box; no bent pins or anything like you say (yes even the new Z77 ones). My college uses ASRock boards and those PCs are OLD and they are still kicking.....I've had a few niggles with Asus boards actually (though easily fixed) over the years. Doesn't mean Asus is bad though. The fact is that competition is very tight in the motherboard sector and especially with boards costing so much you'd better deliver the quality since you aren't going to be getting much sales in terms of volume. So basically all brands will be at least decent and you can see that even ECS' high end boards receive (somewhat) decent reviews. As for ASRock and Biostar these boards are getting pretty good reviews and are priced very competitively, so it's wise to give them a second look.
[Solved] ASRock H61M-VS LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Bent pins - asrock - Motherboards-Memory
INTEL: [solved] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, (memory Error )
i M not against asrock .. man when my fave ocer nick shish is from asrock and has broken the world record by hitting 7.1 ghz with ivybridge .. but its a flaw i wanted to point out with the ram slots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom