Which is the best video codec out there?

The Best Codec According to me is:

• Total voters

Pathik

Google Bot
isnt there any common converter wich is an all2all converter and works decently with all formats.......

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
first of all ... why r u making twin posts with the same question ...

The ones I mentioned for VP62/70 are common to all ...

But AutoGordianKnot is specially designed n optimized for XviD/DivX, so it is better to use AGK for XviD/DivX

Pathik

Google Bot
so u mean virtual dub shd do the job.....nd my browser,s cache not workin properly...dats y the twin posts.... som mod pls del them..nd thx rohan

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
u dont need a mod to delete them, click on the edit/delete button n do it for urself ....

N yes virtual dub will do the job, but not for DVDs

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
How come no one thinks highly of rmvb? It's fast becoming the standard for small sized, dvd quality video (atleast in p2p).

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
RMVB is gud but its not that open ... it has its own container n stuff ... n not too many tools for encoding n stuff ..

If u know any do let us know about it ...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I use RealAnime and Easy RealMedia for backing up dvds and tv serials. I use these apps at their default settings and it's enough to retain the hdtv quality while providing good compression. I am sure you can compress more if you tweak them enough.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
maverickrohan said:
For DivX/XviD use AutoGordian Knot for MPEG/MPEG-2/DVD/VOB

Can you please tell us .. What are the various options in AutoGK .. Do
There is no option to slect the Resolution .. what is this Maximum or Auto Width mean?

&

why cant we choose the Bitrate for XviD ..
what is the Quality % states?

I have VCDs of GodFather 1 & 2 in 3 parts each .. I want to take back of those.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Ok guyz .. I read that Tutorial earlier too ...
But now I got that .. AutoGK works a little diff waythan others like #1DVD Ripper .. or other converters that require all Advanced Setings to be filled in properly
Auto GK .. is good ... Gives good results at low bitrates
Specially the Lamemp3 Beta converter it uses .. to compress the audio ..

AutoGK is little tricky but as I said good... works better than Aimeone Video Converter & other I have used.

The one thing that diff in it is
.. u dont put the Bitrate in t .. but the %
.. % is the rate of quality .... which it actually uses by decreasing the current bitrate in e.g MPEG file 30% will still give good resuts in XVID

but I recommend using the Desired size Option instead
in MPEG-1 is just put the 1/3 size of the original in the Desired size box.

The thing which is very annoying in AutoGK 2.7 is
...you have to press CTRL+F9 for Advanced Setting
for each n every file need to be converted..for setting the FPS .. which it takes at default to 23.9fps..so for PAL it need to be put at 25fps
&
very important..Aspect ratio...It takes 16:9...whereas..our most VCD files are 4:3..so It need to be put at Original or 4:3...other wise Output becomes bad.

siriusb said:
How come no one thinks highly of rmvb? It's fast becoming the standard for small sized, dvd quality video (atleast in p2p).

Is it better to get the videos in rmvb than xvid from p2p ..
(If the size is same) rmvb gives better resolution in same bitrates?
&
Can we easily convert rmvb to other format ..
bcoz Virtualdub doesnt take it, n Standalone player dont have rmvb support

Last edited:

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
rollcage said:
Is it better to get the videos in rmvb than xvid from p2p ..
(If the size is same) rmvb gives better resolution in same bitrates?
The rmvb file size will usually be in 300 to 400MB range, while the xvid movie from which it was encoded from (yes, most rmvbs are re-encoded ones) are around 700 to 800MB. It will have the same resolution though. Any release from a repectable encoding guy (like NDR) will be indistinguishable from the xvid version of the same movie, guaranteed. But, just like an xvid, an improperly encoded rmvb will have ghosting/smearing/moving blocks in them.

rollcage said:
Can we easily convert rmvb to other format ..
bcoz Virtualdub doesnt take it, n Standalone player dont have rmvb support
There are a lot of rmvb converters around. I never converted rmvb to avi, so I can't name any one app. But a simple google should turn up tons of them.

Most ppl are of the opinion that rmvb is only suitable for anime encoding because rmvb tends to smooth too much and produce smoothing artifacts. Maybe at low bitrates. But I've never had problems with my encodings. I use it to store quite a few films onto one dvd. And they are all DVD quality to boot.

Last edited:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I meant .. between 700Mb RVMB & 700MB XviD from the same high quality source... RMVB will be better
like .. these ..rmvb & xvid one is 720*320 & other is 480*280 .. bcoz source are different.
& Yes you are right...if its a release from a popular group like axxo for XviD, TUS for KVCD, its good ...the same way NDR .. does in RMVB ... it bound to be good,
NDR generally converts either directly from DvD or High Quality Xvidrip.
but on TS there are very few .. NDR releases .. where is they generally release . i think at Demonoid.

go_gamez

In the zone
which is the best software that can be used fr *.avi conversion..it should have very very good video. clarity..when encodoin from original dvd/vcd..and should also be easy to use..dont mind if it is paid version..also can i convert to *.avi using vp6 codecs ??

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Auto Gordian Knot gives u very good results & it is free....

Among the paid ones Magic DVD Ripper is good

ImTOO DVD Ripper Platinum Edition is good too!!!

Yes you can use VP6 & VP7 for *.avi

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I do not know if anyone has asked this question here.....I want my all video files in format so that i can burn them on my DVD and play on my DVD player....
I have videos in .avi, as minamp media file, .Xvid, so can u tell me to what format i have to convert them so that i can burn them on DVD and play on my DVD player....any free , trial version will do, also if any good burning(if needed) ????

Last edited:
OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
@winrulz
For that you basically need to convert the files to MPEG2 (DVD VOB Files)...

You get many softwares which can do that ... just try googling (avi to DVD) for DVD creators ... I guess Nero might also do it with its inbuilt encoder (it used to do it for VCDs) but havnt burnt a DVD myself so dont know abt it as of now ...

@ratedsuperstar
*.vp6 in NFS UG UG2 & MW are VP6 encoded files put in a custom container but you can try this tool:

*www.edgefiles.com/files/20963.html

@rollcage
AutoGK is made for simple use, that why u need Ctrl+F9 to access its advanced settings, and it has an Autocrop tool, so there is nothing like 16:9 is the default

And about the 23.97 being default, i dont think so, it uses Nandub which is a implementation of Virtual Dub, and it basically outputs the same frame rate as the input ...

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
then .. why is that .. when I press CTRL + F9
It has 23fps, & 16:9 as the choosen option .. if its not default then why
Also ... some video gets currpt or go wrong .. if i dont change

&

Can u tell a little abbout x.264 & h.263 plz.

Last edited:
Top Bottom