Which is the best JAVA IDE out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
Which is the best JAVA IDE out there?
It should be user friendly and should have a great help file because Iam new to JAVA.
Please help.

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
The best way to learn a new language is to use a barebones IDE such as BlueJ (for Java) and Dev C++ (for C++)... Using these will ensure that you do all the coding yourself instead of relying on a software to insert code snippets etc...

If you want to use it for programming once, you may not be particular about picking up nuances of the coding... In that case, you can go for powerful IDEs like Eclipse/Netbeans...

BTW, the best help for Java is found in the Sun Java website (a few downloadable tutorials, and the documentation for the classes)

Arun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
first start out without any IDE, use Notepad++, just coz u want to understand JAVA.

Then if u r workin on a project, use Eclipse IDE.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
I have heard a lot about Eclipse, though never used it.
I used Sun Java Enterprise Edition 8 for my final year project and it did my work just well.
And yes, it is resource hungry.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I have used IntelliJ, WebSphere and Eclipse. Out of these ItelliJ is the easy option for beginners.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Yup i Prefer Eclipse for Heavy Development .

and JCreator for some lightweight school-stuff programming .

Although considering the Configurations of Current Computers , Eclipse would not be considered heavy in any way .

redhat

Mad and Furious
Since you are new, I highly recommend BlueJ.
It is a very user friendly IDE, later you can try using Eclipse, which is also very good.
BlueJ can be got at: www.bluej.org

shaunak

Tux Fan
if you are new Idd suggest BlueJ. Its graphical class and inheritance representation is very cool.

For something a little more powerfull: Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom