Which is the best game you have ever played ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
coolendra

coolendra

Neil is Here...
Well thunderbird........ u have lots of "best games" in ur post

can u plz tell me wats act of war series all about.. coz i havnt played it yet

T

thunderbird.117

Act of War: High Treason:-

*img48.imageshack.us/img48/9730/93149773851front7ph.jpg

Plot

On the eve of the U.S. Presidential election, terror strikes again in the worst possible way - as both candidates are attacked, the sitting president is assassinated. As America tumbles into turmoil, confusion and chaos, only one man can save the nation from a threat that's growing more frightening by the day. In this expansion pack we follow major Jason Richter and his Task Force Talon on a desperate race against time to unravel a gigantic plot to cripple the world's only super-power, with connections back to the Consortium, the shadowy organization we got to know in Direct Action. Aside from theaters of war ranging from New York and Manhattan to Cuba, Mexico and Florida, in this installment we also take the fight to the murky waters in between - as we're introduced to modern naval combat in the same ultra-realistic style as we did on land in Direct Action.

Single Player

The new campaign features the characters from the original game, plus a number of new ones. In classic techno-thriller manner, a group of super-villains have concocted a devious world-threatening scheme which the player must foil. At the start of the game we find ourselves on the eve of U.S. Presidential elections when simultaneous terrorist attacks hit both candidates. Clues point to corrupt elements within the U.S. military and on to the Consortium, and as the story unfolds with one incredible plot-twist after the other, we slowly lose any connection to the real world - as in the best examples of the techno-thriller genre. Aside from that fact that the new single player game uses the new units (naval and mercenary) and some amazing new real-world locations (including a battle of the rooftops of Manhattan), new A.I. takes the game up a level and introduces a new increased difficulty level. Whereas the original game had standard scripted A.I., this expansion pack relies on a "real" A.I. in the single-player campaign.
[edit]

Multi Player

Eugen Systems have listened closely to feedback from fans of the original game and as a result have increased the number of multiplayer game customization options in this Expansion Pack on a massive scale.

There are now options for simple things like game speed and map wealth, but also more interesting options such as "X minutes no rush", super weapons on/off, POWs on/off, resource harvesting speed, unit lethality (increase if you want a shorter game; decrease if you want a game where you're required to use specialized units for all situations). They've also introduced two brand new game modes, a "Marine One Down" mode where the POTUS is basically eliminated to filling the role of a football that has to be captured and carried across the battlefield, and "SCUD Launcher" where the opposing sides will need to locate and capture a SCUD launcher that will only re-arm once every 3-5 minutes.
[edit]

Naval Combat

The new naval combat in provides a fully-fledged modern naval RTS within Act of War. With over a dozen new units designed specifically for naval warfare - from Tarawa class carriers, Typhoon submarines and SH-60 Seahawk anti-sub helicopters, to Harrier attack aircraft and Zubr class amphibious assault hovercraft - this feature alone promises to make this expansion pack one of the most interesting new RTS offerings in 2006.

To support the naval combat feature, Eugen Systems have developed brand new real-time physics technology to simulate waves and the heave of the ships, ballistics code for ASROC's, Tomahawks, Harpoons and other maritime weaponry, and normal mapping and deep parallax water surfaces for the waves.
[edit]

Artifical Intelligence

The A.I. has had a massive overhaul with a wealth of enhancements made. The improvements include: the A.I. now will adapt its production queue to what the player attacks him with; it will use units and upgrades that it apparently didn't in the original game; it will sell buildings if it runs out of money; it is able to analyze terrain features and adapt its tactic accordingly.
[edit]

Improved Visuals

Act of War: Direct Action was the first RTS to use a number of advanced graphical features - high precision shadow maps, reflection mapping, bump mapping, specular mapping, soft lighting, environmental volumetric occlusion, and advanced programmable pixel shaders 2.0 - on top of having unprecedented poly count and texture resolution for an RTS game. Even nine months after release it's the most advanced RTS engine available, and Eugen Systems are raising the bar another notch with this expansion pack.

New advertised visual features include post-treatment bloom effects, per-pixel and per-vertex shadow mapping, per-pixel lighting with multiple light and gloss mapping, volumetric lighting and support for SM (shader model) 1, 2 and 3 shaders.

Mercenaries

Instead of introducing a fourth faction, Eugen Systems have introduced a different kind of feature which promises to mix things up considerably during different phases of the game - mercenary units. The concept is simple: these are units for hire. Only one player at a time can hire each mercenary unit, and to hire a mercenary team you need to pay a hefty insurance policy. If the mercenaries are injured or even killed, you won't get a full refund of your insurance deposit at the end of the contract.

*img135.imageshack.us/img135/4199/93149720060117screen0028yq.th.jpg

*img456.imageshack.us/img456/7146/93149720060117screen0146en.th.jpg

*img142.imageshack.us/img142/4916/93149720060302screen0067ao.th.jpg

You can go here:-

1. *www.atari.com/actofwar/addon/index.html

2.*www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/actofwarhightreason/index.html

3. *www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/actofwardirectaction/index.html

PS:- Why can i only post 4 images only?.

Last edited by a moderator:

samwisedabrave

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,
IMHO, Fallout 2 is the most addictive game ever. its kind of an old game, but ive been playing it for a long time now.and i dont tire of playing it again and again,coz each time you play, the story changes based on the decisions you make, and your stats.

And what about the Diablo series? I used to have sleepless nights playing the games.Its storyline always made me want to go further and further. To know what would happen next, i just couldnt exit from the game.

Ah, those were the days!! :)

OP
coolendra

coolendra

Neil is Here...
currently playing Act of war......... awesome game..... thanx to thunderbird who gave me a good overview of the game ...

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
Zeus
Sims I + all expansion packs
NFS Porsch unlimited
Max Payne I

The Best?????
It's Max Payne.The music will haunt me for ever along with the scenes of Payne following a blood trail drugged.The whole game makes your heart ache so much.........Not to mention great storyline,the then best graphics,great characters....and.....BULLET TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....It was really a great time playing Max Payne.....

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
Zeus
Sims I + all expansion packs
NFS Porsch unlimited
Max Payne I

The Best?????
It's Max Payne.The music will haunt me for ever along with the scenes of Payne following a blood trail drugged.The whole game makes your heart ache so much.........Not to mention great storyline,the then best graphics,great characters....and.....BULLET TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....It was really a great time playing Max Payne.....
ya max payne 1 & 2 are really great
any one with a game of that sought

saketkutta

Broken In
well mine is
mafia
max payne 1 n 2
pop series
call of duty all
commandos strike force
medal of honor allied asault
indigo prophecy
wolfenstein
half life 2 (playin)
far cry but hell difficult (needed to use cheat after 50% in medium diff)
enter the matrix great actions
nibiru
dave
mario
nancy drew series for story
even i forgot which games i played.... i will add later

sushir

Broken In
1. half life
2. devil may cry 3
3. half life 2
4. counter strike
5. gta series
6. silent hill series

montylee

Journeyman
The replies to this thread are not fair. The title of the thread is: "Which is "THE" best game you have ever played?", so replies shd contain only THE best game.

My best game is:

"God of War" (PS2) and the next best is:

"Resident Evil 4" (PS2)

OP
coolendra

coolendra

Neil is Here...
Guys ... recently i saw a trailer of Crysis.. looks like a real good game......

any idea bout the game guys ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom