which is the best broadband for mp gaming

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
Hey guysi live in Bangalore and i want ot know which broadband connection will give me least pings while playing online games.
Games range from CS 1.6,CS S to MW3

Nerevarine

Incarnate
kbps = kilobits per second
kBps or simply KB/sec = Kilobytes per second

1 kBps = 8 kbps

for a decent multiplayer experience you will need a 1 MB/sec connection minimum, with ping <150.. else you will get pwned :p

(1 MB/s = 1000 KB/sec = 8000 kbps)

Sujeet

Undead!!!
IMO.
We all know that conversion Rule.

For 512kbps + connection only Low Ping Matters.

Be Realistic.
150ms Ping.lol??

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I live in orissa, here I use the connection provided by Ortel.. They give decent download speeds and ping at a reasonable price..
Idk about others but i have heard a lot of good things about Reliance 3G.. However I dont think 3 G is good for MP gaming.. :(

IMO.
We all know that conversion Rule.

For 512kbps + connection only Low Ping Matters.

Be Realistic.
150ms Ping.lol??

why? whats wrong with 150 ms ?
If servers are from India, you can easily get ping under that.. if they are from US etc, 200-250 is fine

Sujeet

Undead!!!
I live in orissa, here I use the connection provided by Ortel.. They give decent download speeds and ping at a reasonable price..
Idk about others but i have heard a lot of good things about Reliance 3G.. However I dont think 3 G is good for MP gaming.. :(

why? whats wrong with 150 ms ?
If servers are from India, you can easily get ping under that.. if they are from US etc, 200-250 is fine

150ms is generally not possible on most standard Indian ISP Plans like that of BSNL and MTNL.
200-250 is avg.

Though PING depends on Server location.

I Have an Airtel 3g Connection and it performs well in every MP game i have played so far.:|

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Whichever ISP is providing good service in your area.
Do some local research.
You wont be getting PinPointed answer for such queries on forum.

ajai5777

Youngling
Wirelesses are not good for ping. FIFA needs less than 150 for lagless gameplay. Racing games need medium pings and FPS are playable even with more than 300. Speed doesnt matter much, anything above 512kbps is ok.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
go for airtel or private isp as their pings are always good than bsnl.Have researched many places..Btw 3g can so be good for mp gaming i hav a friend who used bsnl broadband he gets ping more than 200ms always,i use airtel 3g i get less than 200ms..

icebags

Technomancer
optical fibres are best choice, if you have bsnl there then it should be good. but as people saying, ping is important, check the ping value with the server u r gonna play (some servers in south east asia has good ping since our submarine fiber cables go through those places first).

well, with weird connection too, you can play mp even if you get high ping values like 350ms, some servers wont allow this much lag, but some does allow, and the playing experience will not be very good (it will be marginally ok - smoothly playable, but you will loose in many high speed actions). however, if you see packet looses/timeouts, then that's of course very bad connection for gaming.

well, if you are not playing fps but playing strategy or mmo, then high ping values like 500ms may seem ok.

wireless is 100% bad for gaming, unless you are playing board games like chess or cards. you need to be very close to the tower to get good ping with the base, and forget it if its far away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom