Which is the best among all these Android smartphones under 18k?

gohan89

Broken In
I want to buy a smartphone which has the following features:
1)Smooth and cool interface with minimal defects
2)Fast processor with good amount of RAM for multitasking.
3)Sufficient internal memory and expandable microSD
4)Capacitive touchscreen with large screen size.
5)Good dust and scratch resistant screen quality with sharp,vivid color and good visibility in sunlight.
6)Good quality camera 5MP with flash
7)HD Video recording with no stuttering
8)Good music and video playback with good sound quality
9)Since I am not very good with texting on touchphones,comfortable QWERTY layout for easy texting without lot of mistakes.
10)Good Battery Life

I assembled a list of phones
*www.postimg.com/image/71000/photo-70097.jpg

HTC Incredible
Rs. 19,899

Sony Xperia Sola
Rs. 18,690

HTC Rhyme
Rs. 18,500

Samsung Galaxy SL I9003
Rs. 18,316

Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro
Rs. 18,116

LG Optimus Black
Rs. 17,490

HTC Desire
Rs. 16,750

Sony Ericsson Neo V
Rs. 16,475

HTC One V
Rs. 16,299

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray
Rs. 15,990

HTC Desire S
Rs. 15,990

Sony Xperia U
Rs. 15,890

LG Optimus Sol E730
Rs. 15,790

I really like the HTC sense UI which is very cool looking.I like the 4" NOVA screen in LG Optimus Black.
Please suggest the best option whcih has the best balance among all these.If there are any upcoming models fitting my needs,do suggest.
If I buy HTC ,how is the service in Kolkata ?Is it good as Nokia ?

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
Surely Incredible S among these ?

4" , 8 MP . It belongs to the upper league.

Sola is another good choice.

The prices, where are you quoting these from ?

masterkd

Padawan
HTC One V or Incredible S
You may also go for Neo V if you like but in my opinion one v, incredible s and desire s are far better than neo v.

SeenuGuddu

Broken In
Incredible S is better than Arc, and there is not much difference is Arc and Arc S

me too planning to buy the Mobile on this weekend, i think it will be better than sony ericsson arc s except lacking the ICS update in Arc s.
the Incredible S is 22 k and the arc s is 19k.

here are my options
1) sony ericsson arc s
2) HTC Incredible S or HTC One V

which one you want me to pick then but i heard that HTC build with bad quality..?

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want to save money then get One V or Desire S
Otherwise get Incredible S

For 22k you get Sensation which far better than all the above handsets

OP
gohan89

gohan89

Broken In
I am confused between the Xperia S,One V and the Desire S.

How smooth is the One V in terms of gameplay with good graphics and using the sense ui ?I will play games casually and watch HD videos .

If I can always update any phone in my range to Android 4.0, is buying the One V worth it.I also heard its battery is non-removable,will it pose any problem if it hangs ?

Is the HTC Sense really worth using ?

Raccoon

Journeyman
^^^Quite likely it may pose a problem (non removable battery). Also smartphone batts wear out fast, so you may not be able to replace battery. Consider that. Further, it (1V) will be useless for navigation.

OP
gohan89

gohan89

Broken In
If the htc one v has non-removable battery,plz suggest an alternative.
How is the HTC service center in India ?

Is it good as Nokia and how fast is the response?

How cool looking is the Xperia U UI?

Richie Rich

Broken In

Dude, where you are getting HTC One V for 16,299? :shock:
I check'd all these phones and in the real world One V is best in your budget.
Incredible is laggy and below average camera, Neo V is also having below average camera.
HTC One V has mind blowing user interface, very fast and camera quality is awesomest, it has backlit image CMOS censor with 2.0/f aperture which produces sharp and decent image even in low light. The build quality is best among competitors and the only problem is it has no front facing camera and low internal memory, but there is a micro SD slot.

Dont waste your money in Xperia U, it has poor battery for a dual core phone and no micro SD slot.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Incredible is laggy and below average camera, Neo V is also having below average camera.
HTC One V has mind blowing user interface, very fast and camera quality is awesomest, it has backlit image CMOS censor with 2.0/f aperture which produces sharp and decent image even in low light. The build quality is best among competitors and the only problem is it has no front facing camera and low internal memory, but there is a micro SD slot.

Dont waste your money in Xperia U, it has poor battery for a dual core phone and no micro SD slot.

+1 I agree on bold part
& yes 1350mH battery is very low for Dual Core Xperia U :|

OP
gohan89

gohan89

Broken In
How is the Xperia Sola when compared to the htc one V?

What happens if the phone hangs or freezes and there is the non-removable battery?

ajaymailed

In the zone

indeed HTC One V seems like ideal mid-range phone replacing Neo V, Defy Plus, Galaxy SL etc. Pricing around 15-16K is nice considering its has 3.7 inch display & ICS.

as we approach 19-20K. HTC Sensation priced below 22K will much better option than anything available around that price.

Raccoon

Journeyman

HTC seems to have a very bad reputation when it comes to service in India. Scout around on the net and you shall see. However, do check about particular service centers or the service in general in your town. It could differ.

indeed HTC One V seems like ideal mid-range phone replacing Neo V, Defy Plus, Galaxy SL etc. Pricing around 15-16K is nice considering its has 3.7 inch display & ICS.

as we approach 19-20K. HTC Sensation priced below 22K will much better option than anything available around that price.

It is neither ideal nor really a "replacement" for those phones. The phone is useless for navigation and the non removable battery kills the deal, at least for me.

Richie Rich

Broken In
How is the Xperia Sola when compared to the htc one V?

What happens if the phone hangs or freezes and there is the non-removable battery?

Xperia Sola is even worse than Xperia U.. same story poor battery.
Nowdays, all new phones that are launching by HTC and Sony is of non-removable battery, as HTC guy said that they put non-removable so that there would be no loss of power with golden pins. :-?
Also, HTC promises that their HTC One series would never be hang, if it happens you can press off button for 5 seconds.
The best thing about the phone is S-LCD2 (non-penlite display) that is better than over saturated pentile super AMOLED display.

HTC seems to have a very bad reputation when it comes to service in India. Scout around on the net and you shall see. However, do check about particular service centers or the service in general in your town. It could differ.

It is neither ideal nor really a "replacement" for those phones. The phone is useless for navigation and the non removable battery kills the deal, at least for me.

Yea, HTC use to have bad service but now time has been changed, they open many service centers in couple of years. I visited last week for my friend's Desire phone. They have fine service.

HTC One V - Brown - Sulekha Deals (It was 16,299 couple of days ago)
&
Even HS18 is selling One V for just 16,499 rs.

@ OP
Checkout Sulekha's reviews on Mouthshut.com

I don't trust Homeshop18, they are fake. They sent a Xperia Neo V phone that is made in thailand to one of my friend. I don't know about sulekha sales.

Top Bottom