Which is good phone - n73 or k800i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
N73 can also give gud night shots with proper settings. Couple of days back i took some night shots which were gud enough. Symbian fones can get slow after some time if people using it install and uninstall loads of unsigned apps in it. Default thing matters a lot. Dont expect evry1 to mod his/her fone to get better sound. He may end up ****ing up the fone in the process. One thing is very rightly said by a sony fanboy here "its not abt looking good in a pic but its how u actually look" its because jiski ankhen kharab ho usse acchhi picture bhi kharab lagti hai aur bekar picture acchhi lagti hai :razz: i think its clear now guys y sony erricson rocks in the eyes of its fanboys :razz: ab kya quad core proccy aur 2gb dual channel ram daal du n73 ko fast banane ke liye.

Another thing. N73 has video stabilisation too so there is nothing to bragg abt that only SE has it

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
y dont u post some shots with ur n73 and i will post some with a k810...we will see who wins...better shots ha..lets c...

@utsav-u misinterpretted what i said....

@krazzy...stay away from the 5700..get the 6500 slide instead..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
A S40 phone?? No way! I like to consider myself as a power user and S40 can't even minimize java apps. I'd rather buy W580i. I'm buying 5700 because
1. It is S60 (most important reason)
2. It has EDGE Class 32 (second most important reason).
Plus it also has a decent display, stereo speakers and powerful processor and supports high capacity cards. Good enough for me. I don't need a good camera (just bought a 7mpix Cyber-shot) and 5700 sound quality should be sufficient (there is a possibility of me getting a Zen or PSP in the future). So 5700 FTW!

utsav

damn busy...
y dont u post some shots with ur n73 and i will post some with a k810...we will see who wins...better shots ha..lets c...

wtf u mean? Do you wanna do some fight ? Did i said that n73 gives better night shots than k810 i said that n73 can give good enough shots with proper settings which many people are unable to do. If u cant even read that properly then i have nothing to say. Go lick ur SE. I hope SE will employ you in their company soon for the false notion you are spreading abt nokia and other brands. U wanna say nokia makes bricks and no stylish phones. Go and have a look at N76 ,a great classy looker. Man i have never seen so stubborn forum member like you. in any forums i visit.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^naaah...went thru ur posts..u were sumhow trying to showcase that that the n73 produces better shots than the k serie phones...okk..i will post some k810 pics in a couple of days..(need to get it from a friend)..will be modded tho..

threadstarter can refer to the cam section for pics from both the phones..

Never go for any of those slow Nokia CR@P!!! Any Sony Ericsson will be a better thing to own. I have 10 years of exp with nokia phones and a lil less with Symbian series. Nokia always gives a lot less for the money you pay, plus you will always have that 'something is missing' kind of itch with nokia phones. Believe me, i have gone through all this. I was a symbian series fan mainly because of its 'add-features-anytime-using-software' facility,but dude that comes on a price of no-so-good music quality, bulk and crappy, slow processors that is never up to mark no matter what device you take.
I also developed some apps for symbian os for personal use, its quiet hard to program too. If programmability is a concern then go for a Windows Mobile instead. atleast you can program using .NET framework, which is quiet easy to program in comparison to Symbia C++ platform. Also the ericsson platform supports some of the latest and the coolest JSRs from J2ME platform that makes SE a good platform for java apps development, and believe me java apps on a SE phone runs at least 5 times faster than a nokia. I didn't missed most of the apps that i use to use on my cr@p Noki@ 3230, when i recently switched to SE W660i. I have a full features english dictionary, the gmail and yahoo go e-mail apps, an e-book reader in which i can read all my harry potter pir@ted e books comfortably, Opera mini 4.1 beta browser (although the inbuilt Netfront is good too) and the default ones that come with phone.Plus, i now have MOrange thats a really cool push chat app, with a cool UI and support for yahoo, gtalk, msn, aol etc. So overall, my software bundle is good for all my work.

So if the main concern is great music player, radio, great camera, snappy processor with animated, funky looking, responsive UI, cool java software platform support, and no 'itchy' feeling :), go for a SE phone!

SONY ERICSSON ROCKS!!!! :)

All these are my personal comments and are result of my great frustration with nokia phones, in general. So no offence to anyone.

:-D Now i am feeling a lil better :-D i love this forum :-D

^Ya :-D :-D you know, sometimes you just have this sudden, incurable urge to express your feelings, That i was having :)
Seriously speaking, actually, i WAS very fed up with Nokia. No offence to the company, but i dont like their handset making and marketing strategy at present. And from the time they had shifted their manufacturing in china, their handsets have also lost resale value. My nokia 3230 got rusted :shock: :shock: from side even when i always use to put it inside a cover, can you believe that?? with a mobile phone?? After 1 year of use, specially if you have a very 'chatty' kind of girlfriend like mine, the phone actually start looking like briks, specially the red nokia 3230 :-D :-D And my experiance with N Series was also not up to the mark, in the 10-15,000 price range of handsets, in which sony phones or may be some others too have very good products.

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Never go for any of those slow Nokia CR@P!!! Any Sony Ericsson will be a better thing to own. I have 10 years of exp with nokia phones and a lil less with Symbian series. Nokia always gives a lot less for the money you pay, plus you will always have that 'something is missing' kind of itch with nokia phones. Believe me, i have gone through all this. I was a symbian series fan mainly because of its 'add-features-anytime-using-software' facility,but dude that comes on a price of no-so-good music quality, bulk and crappy, slow processors that is never up to mark no matter what device you take.
I also developed some apps for symbian os for personal use, its quiet hard to program too. If programmability is a concern then go for a Windows Mobile instead. atleast you can program using .NET framework, which is quiet easy to program in comparison to Symbia C++ platform. Also the ericsson platform supports some of the latest and the coolest JSRs from J2ME platform that makes SE a good platform for java apps development, and believe me java apps on a SE phone runs at least 5 times faster than a nokia. I didn't missed most of the apps that i use to use on my cr@p Noki@ 3230, when i recently switched to SE W660i. I have a full features english dictionary, the gmail and yahoo go e-mail apps, an e-book reader in which i can read all my harry potter pir@ted e books comfortably, Opera mini 4.1 beta browser (although the inbuilt Netfront is good too) and the default ones that come with phone.Plus, i now have MOrange thats a really cool push chat app, with a cool UI and support for yahoo, gtalk, msn, aol etc. So overall, my software bundle is good for all my work.

So if the main concern is great music player, radio, great camera, snappy processor with animated, funky looking, responsive UI, cool java software platform support, and no 'itchy' feeling :), go for a SE phone!

SONY ERICSSON ROCKS!!!! :)

All these are my personal comments and are result of my great frustration with nokia phones, in general. So no offence to anyone.

:-D Now i am feeling a lil better :-D i love this forum :-D
Krazy_About_Technology, there are few mistakes that you've done that I'd like to bring to your notice.
1. You are comparing Nokia's smartphones with SE's regular feature phones.

2. You are comparing W660i with 3230 which is atleast two year older than W660i. I'm sure you know at what rate technology progresses and two years in tech world is a lot of time.
A fairer comparison would be if you would've compared W660i with 5310. Its like you're comparing chalk with cheese and complaining how the chalk doesn't taste nearly as good.

Smartphones phones are different from standard phones. Please understand this fact. They're made for different people with different needs. 3230's specs weren't hidden from you before buying it and neither did Nokia force it down your throat. It was your decision to get a smartphone.

When I get my N-Gage QD, I was precisely aware of its capabilities. I knew it couldn't play music well or be as fast as a standard phone, but I also knew what it was capable of and that was something other phones could not do. Thats why I bought it.

If you look at SE's smartphones, you'll see all is not rosy there as well. Neither of them are blazing fast or have all the features under the sun. If you compare Nokia's smartphones with those of SE, you might just prefer Nokia's. Infact I'd even say Nokia makes the best smartphones around. If you compare them with the Windows Mobile phones which don't even have decent cameras and multimedia features, than you'll realise Nokia's smartphones are far ahead. Infact when it comes to multimedia Nokia's smartphones are the best in the business (compared to other smartphones) and even surpass standard phones in some aspects (camera in N82, music playback in N91 and N81, video playback in N95 8gb, etc.).

So in the end I'll request people not to compare smartphones with regular feature phones and end my speech. That'll be $10 please!:D

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
In the end, I'll request the other guys replying here to chill out. I don't want what started out as a civil discussing with @iatb_gourav to become another Nokia v/s SE war.

Did we have a war ???

I thought it was only a "gentleman's" discussion.

Well, we both just expressed our views on which phone we like.
That's it ??

BTW, anyone knows what accessories do they give bundled with K810i and what are the colour options available for the same ?

^^ Well personal choice also i guess. And i was not comparing only a3230 with SE W660i, look at n72. I know what smartphones are and i am using many of these for years. I have programmed them myself too. So i m not saying anything blindly. Before, i never looked anything other than nokia while purchasing. It was my experience with a "made in china" 6600 (authentic though), 3230, n72 and n70ME after which i got bad feeling about them. And if you are talking about phones in the 20,000 + category, have a look at Windows Mobile Phones from HTC and others. I cannot afford that. I know that Nokia have very decent smartphones and symbian is a very mature platform, but can you justify the bad speakers of 3230 when even 7610 had better? I mean would not like to have features of a modern phone, if you have a smartphone, would you like to just feed it with software and let it scream on your face everytime you hear a ringtone? Smartphones have additional programmability features but that never justifies bad multimedia support, at least for me.they always remove some very useful feature from phones just to keep them selling. 7610 didn't had radio, but good speaker, 3230 had radio, had mp3, but a pathetic speaker, what is the meaning of that? someone who is paying 9-10 thousand rupees for a phone with MP3 shouldn't get at least bearable quality of sound? In contrast with that Sony Ericsson phones in general have all the essentials in every phone, just one or other thing up and down, but for me personally, i found myself comfortable in making choices in SE phones.
SE Smartphones use UIQ which i personally dont like so never purchased any. Smartphone features are good in Nokia, and now with programming tools like python for s60 etc, its easier to program. I was just talking about the programmability options available with SE phones , they are not dumb phones either, if not smart.

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@amd -- dont judge n82 by n95 ..have u tried n95 regular or n958gb ? cos i find n82 completely different from those although it resembles n95 8gb in hardware department .. n95 old one is nowhere close to n82..

and yes .. symbian phones get slow with time ..my n73me was same ..so u hve to take good care .. its not that nokia does not release a good round phone .. have a look at n82 .. simply superb phone ..and my new 8gb microsd card works like a charm in it ..upto 6gb is loaded upto now and still no issues with speed ..

try n82 personally ..and then comment ..

and i am not a nokia fanboy .. i still miss my k750i as well as k790i ..

utsav

damn busy...
^^^naaah...went thru ur posts..u were sumhow trying to showcase that that the n73 produces better shots than the k serie phones...okk..i will post some k810 pics in a couple of days..(need to get it from a friend)..will be modded tho..

threadstarter can refer to the cam section for pics from both the phones..

i cant stop laughing now. Just quote a line whr i said n73 is better than k series in night shots. I havnt edited my posts. N73 is better in daylight shots and thats what matters more if you are not nocturnal. For nocturnal people k series is better . A normal person will take more shots during the day than in the night

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
7610 didn't had radio, but good speaker, 3230 had radio, had mp3, but a pathetic speaker, what is the meaning of that? someone who is paying 9-10 thousand rupees for a phone with MP3 shouldn't get at least bearable quality of sound? In contrast with that Sony Ericsson phones in general have all the essentials in every phone, just one or other thing up and down, but for me personally, i found myself comfortable in making choices in SE phones.
Yes that is true. Nokia does not put all the features in one phone. Because they have other phones to sell as well. If they put all the features in one phone, only that phone will sell while others will collect dust in the shop. This is common practice with companies with many products. SE did not do this previously because they simply did not have as many phone and all their phones had a sizeable price difference between them. So they could afford to put many features in one phone. But look at them now. As their product portfolio increased, they started doing the same practice as Nokia does. W910i has only 2mpix camera despite its high price. W890i has a 3mpix camera but no auto focus. K850i has good features but it lacks W910i's display. W960i despite being so expensive lacks a 5mpix camera. W580i camera lacks auto focus which the much cheaper W810i has. So you see, its a common practice with manufacturers once their number of products in the market increases. They have to use the knife somewhere to ensure that no one product jeopardizes the sales of other. There are some features that SE phones never offered. None of their smartphones ever had EDGE. None of their phones has a 3.5mm jack despite some of them being labelled music phones. Most of their phones have small displays. So you see its not all perfect here as well.

Did we have a war ???

I thought it was only a "gentleman's" discussion.

Well, we both just expressed our views on which phone we like.
That's it ??

BTW, anyone knows what accessories do they give bundled with K810i and what are the colour options available for the same ?
Yeah thats what I said. We were having a discussion but that led to others having war about it.

Last edited:
ya you are right, it happens with all companies. I am not saying SE doesn't have any problems.May be because personally for me, how sweet my ringtone and MP3 sounds is of greater importance for me along with general PIM features, a decent enough 2 MP camera and some useful softwares(whether they are in java or anything else, i dont care), within the proce range of 9000, the move from Nokia to SE was smooth and joyful for me. :) So no offence. ok. And ya, sony ericsson do have 3.55 mm jacks but its in the headphone, the headphones can be detached from the cable to reveal the 3.5 mm jack, i donno why they used the crappy pop port like thing, which gets stained touch points after some days of usage. It gets bad very quickly if proper cleaning is not done regularly :-|

^^ WAR???? Are we having a war? i thought we were discussing? :-D and if it seems so from my first post in this thread, then i apologize, i was feeling a little frustrated at that time :)

Last edited:

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Ultimately, we come to the same conclusion once again.

That both N73 ME & SE K810i are equally good (and bad).
It's all about the personal use that makes the difference.

BTW, I just discovered another reason to prefer K810i from N73.
Well, I am a "big" fan of Hrithik and he being the brand ambassador of SE tempts me even more to get a K810i.

Now I hope we don't start a war between Hrithik and Shahrukh.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
nah..SE rocks...coz of maria sharapova.. :D

@utsav-let actions speak for themselves.. ;)

@yogi-thats what i m trying to say..have u noticed what nokia is aiming at??..the only firmwares that come out are for the high end phones..the n95s and the n82s..have u heard of a company that does nto release a fimrware 8 months into a phones release??..i was fed up with my 5700..and u cant evne mod it...SE still releases regular firmwares for its k750.a 3 year old model..

but peaple here aretrying to base the facts that symbian phones dont go slow over the years..except phones like the n82 and the n95..show me a phone which acts the same 6 months into usage..dont name the n73..i will eat my hat rather than believing its a great phone...

Do u guys remember the n90??..the nokia 2 mp phone with a ccd lens??..my friend bought it for 35k...but nokia simply refused to bring out new firmwares...but sumhow its still working and he wont let go of it..

i keep on stating that if u like symbian go forward..but be prepared to face the consequences later..if its not an ultra high end phone....but dont keep on blabbering like a 9 month baby that nokia blows away all competition..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
but peaple here aretrying to base the facts that symbian phones dont go slow over the years..except phones like the n82 and the n95..show me a phone which acts the same 6 months into usage..dont name the n73..i will eat my hat rather than believing its a great phone...

I am a proud owner of Nokia 5700,being using it for 4 months & still no slow or for matter of fact any other problem. I have loaded it with a 2GB card packed to brim, still no hangups or restarts.

@Krazzy - You have selected a good phone, don't change your decision.Nokia 5700 rocks, believe me as I am also a power user like you.
Me too thought like you for example,5700 has fast proccy,Class 32 GPRS & EDGE & 3G too. :)
Also I am going to buy a DSLR soon. :D

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
U guys have confused me as 2 which one I should go for now K810i or N73 ME??

I had made up my mind firmly 2 get K810i but after reading the posts of some forum members, I am now a little inclined towards N73 ME? Which one should I buy???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom