Which is good phone - n73 or k800i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Well, according to me K810i is any day better than N73.

And for all N73 lovers, just tell me 1 point in which N73 beats (or even equals) K810i ??? (Except for the Symbian OS).

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
And for all N73 lovers, just tell me 1 point in which N73 beats (or even equals) K810i ??? (Except for the Symbian OS).
Gladly:
1. Bigger display,
2. Better, louder stereo speakers,
3. Better quality higher resolution video recording,
4. Lower price of memory cards,
5. Presence of both, EDGE and 3G (don't tell me you don't use 3G, it still counts as a feature.)
6. Much better built-in browser.
7. Ability to read office documents and pdfs by default,
8. Contacts and messages can hold unlimited entries respectively,

All this and if you add the advantages that a smartphone has over a standard feature phone, then N73 is miles ahead of K790i.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Not much difference between the two models, both have their pros and cons . But i would prefer n73me . You will get bored of k810 quickly then n73 because of s60 . It is a matter of personal choice , if you like se then k810 otherwise n73 , both are equally good.

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Well, I be happier to give you a more precise comparison.

You said,

1. Bigger display - Sorry, but both have the same display size and colours. i.e. 240 X 320 Pixels and 256K respectively.

2. Better, louder stereo speakers - I am not sure about the loudness, but K810i definitely has better speakers.

3. Better quality higher resolution video recording - I can't believe you actually compared the two cameras. Try it out yourself. You'll know the difference. As for stats, K810i has
  • Photo fix
  • BestPic™
  • Image stabiliser
  • Red-eye reduction
  • Video stabiliser
  • Xenon flash .
4. Lower price of memory cards - No comments here.

5. Presence of both, EDGE and 3G - You are right here. And as you guessed it right, since I don't use it, I don't need it !!!

6. Much better built-in browser - It's more of a personal choice rather than statistics. So, no use of arguing here.

7. Ability to read office documents and pdfs by default - Does the "default" thing make a difference ??? Don't be a kid. Both serve the same purpose.

8. Contacts and messages can hold unlimited entries respectively - Practically speaking, each one can hold unlimited entries.

Now, let me add a few more points:

1. Phone Memory - N73 has 42 MB shared memory. K810i has 64 MB Internal Memory.

2. Speed - Even a layman will agree that K810i is way faster than N73.

3. Dimensions - K810i has slightly smaller dimensions and less weight as compared to N73. I repeat, it's only slightly though.

4. Looks - Differs from person to person. I prefer K810i.

Sorry for such a long post. I had no option !!!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Well, I be happier to give you a more precise comparison.

You said,

1. Bigger display - Sorry, but both have the same display size and colours. i.e. 240 X 320 Pixels and 256K respectively.

2. Better, louder stereo speakers - I am not sure about the loudness, but K810i definitely has better speakers.

3. Better quality higher resolution video recording - I can't believe you actually compared the two cameras. Try it out yourself. You'll know the difference. As for stats, K810i has
  • Photo fix
  • BestPic™
  • Image stabiliser
  • Red-eye reduction
  • Video stabiliser
  • Xenon flash .
4. Lower price of memory cards - No comments here.

5. Presence of both, EDGE and 3G - You are right here. And as you guessed it right, since I don't use it, I don't need it !!!

6. Much better built-in browser - It's more of a personal choice rather than statistics. So, no use of arguing here.

7. Ability to read office documents and pdfs by default - Does the "default" thing make a difference ??? Don't be a kid. Both serve the same purpose.

8. Contacts and messages can hold unlimited entries respectively - Practically speaking, each one can hold unlimited entries.

Now, let me add a few more points:

1. Phone Memory - N73 has 42 MB shared memory. K810i has 64 MB Internal Memory.

2. Speed - Even a layman will agree that K810i is way faster than N73.

3. Dimensions - K810i has slightly smaller dimensions and less weight as compared to N73. I repeat, it's only slightly though.

4. Looks - Differs from person to person. I prefer K810i.

Sorry for such a long post. I had no option !!!
1. I was talking physical size, not resolution. Both have the same resolution, but N73's display is 2.4" big compared to K790i's 2.0".

2. I guess you never heard N73's speakers. They're nearly twice as loud as that of K790i.

3. Why don't you read properly? I was clearly talking about the video recording whereas you gave me K790i's still image capturing features. Can you use Xenon flash for video recording? K790i can record video in QCIF resolution in 3gp format whereas N73 can record videos in CIF resolution in mp4 format.

4. You don't need it now. But you'll soon need it. 3G is coming to India BTW.

5. There is no personal choice issue here. S60 web browser is universally hailed as the best browser on any mobile phone. Once you use it, you just can't go back to standard cell phone web browsers. Its just like using a pc browser. I suggest you read about its merits and features.

7. Of course it makes a difference! I buy an N73, I open the box, take it out, connect it to my pc, transfer the pdfs and then view it on the phone. No need to bother with any additional software downloading, installing, etc. Can I do the same in K790i? I think not. Not only will I have to bother with downloading additional software, the quality of software itself (being Java) would be a concern and how well I be able to view my pdfs.

8. No. There is a limit to how much messages and contacts K790i can hold. I don't know the exact number of messages, but for contacts its 1000. For symbian phones, it depends upon the free memory. Considering messages and contacts consume memory in just bytes, what you have is a practically limitless number of contacts and messages.

Now about the points you posted:
1. Makes no difference if I have a 2gb card (which as I've said are dirt cheap now).

2. Agreed. Smartphones are always slower than standard phones. Nothing new here. I expect users to know this fact. People demanding ultra fast speeds should stay away from smartphones.

3. As you said, its only slight.

4. I prefer N73. I wanted to include this in my earlier list of advantages, but since its not exactly a feature, I didn't include it.

I don't mind long posts. As long as they're logical.

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
"krazzy" - I just don't seem to agree on 1 topic above.
That is about the camera. Besides and excellent camera, the video stabilizer always makes K810i videos/pictures superior to N73.

Keeping that apart, perhaps its just a matter of personal choice between k810i and N73.

Clearly, N73 is more for business class so that they can use its office softwares for viewing PDF's or doing job online.

Certainly I am not among them.

Besides calling/messaging I'd most use my cell for taking pictures and then music.
In this respect, K810i looks better to me.

All in all, BOTH ARE GREAT PHONES.
Its just your personal preferences that should matter while choosing one.

I hope "krazzy" will agree to this !!!

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Chill out Guys...It is just a matter of personal preference and nothing else. Frankly speaking, no phone can said to be perfect and given 10/10. Each phone has its own pros and cons...

So, go ahead and choose any one of the two based on ur requirements and preferences...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
You do know that the image/video stabilizer in K790i is digital and not mechanical? So to be honest, it really isn't that effective. Even GSMArena said that turning image stabilizer on hardly gave any noticeable improvement. As for image quality, I find both of them to be equally good. Personally I found it hard to choose between the true-to-the-original but dull image of K790i and the far-from-the-original but attractive image of the N73. I like them both. There is obviously no doubt that the Xenon flash gives K790i an incredible advantage in low light.

As for videos N73 is simply superior. You just can't deny the advantage that the extra pixels and better format gives to N73's recorded videos. So in other words if you choose K790i you get great quality natural images and bright night shots whereas if you choose you get attractive and appealing day shots and good quality video recording.

Also it seems my posts have managed to change your views about the two phones. You have changed from your earlier attitude of "K790i is any day better than N73" to "Both are great phones". And it makes me happy in knowing that I was the one responsible in bringing about that change. Believe me I know that K790i is a great phone and would accept it any day. I only wanted to make clear that N73 is not as bad as you (or many others) perceive and definitely not inferior to K790i.

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
I only wanted to make clear that N73 is not as bad as you (or many others) perceive and definitely not inferior to K790i.

Well, I never actually perceived N73 as a bad phone.

And neither have I changed my attitude.

Look, even I am going to buy a phone around 13k segment (on this 28th) and so I've done a lot of research work.

My last four choices were N73 ME, 5620, Razr 2 V8 and K810i of which I felt the N73 ME and K810i were the bests.
K810i gave me an edge with the camera and I found it more appealing. Secondly N73 has become quite common these days.

So, I still do favour K810i over N73 Me and will do so any day !

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
And neither have I changed my attitude.

So, I still do favour K810i over N73 Me and will do so any day !
Yeah I thought it was too good to be true.:-( Anyways if thats what you think....

BTW even I'm getting a new phone around that time.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
oohh..man..not again.. :D

well..@krazzy..if u dint kno..the k810 is highly moddable..the phone my friend is using..has been modded to better sound drivers and the sound output through the speakers is louder than that of the n73...(yeah u heard it right)

then again..the saturation levels can be increased..and well..the k800 stores details much better than the n73....its not about looking good in a pic..but its all about how u actually look..

the k810 has 3g btw.. :D

the only thing that the n73 beats the k810 is in vga(??) recording and the screen size(resolutions the same)...and yea..the symbian os..

i have nothing against nokia..the fact remains that the phone..using it for more than 4 months becomes damn slow and unresponsive..this comes by experience..not form a single phone..but many..

if u r sport enough to format ur phone very month.i think symbian shoudnt be a problem..

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
if u r sport enough to format ur phone very month.i think symbian shoudnt be a problem..

Eh? I have personally used and know several other people (in fact everyone who I know with a s60 phone) who have used s60 phones for two years+ without a format. Where do you come up with that quip?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@amd64_man 2005 - Who said N73 becomes slow after using??
In that case i have a friend who has used K750i & has changed to N73 ME,and he is glad that he made the move from SE to Nokia.

I ain't a Nokia Fanboy, bear that in mind.
Not to flame you but if people don't know how to use Symbian then please don't buy them.

If anyone here buys symbian then do check this before saying crap this symbian is slow.

vista__n00b

Broken In
Yes, but no EDGE so until we have 3G in India...that is still a minus point for K790i/K800i/K810i.
i have nothing against nokia..the fact remains that the phone..using it for more than 4 months becomes damn slow and unresponsive..this comes by experience..not form a single phone..but many..
Good joke :lol:
I've been following your posts in Mobile Monsters and it is not hidden that you favour SE a lot but this is just FUD spreading fanboyism. Please cut it out. I currently have 4 Symbian phones in my very own home for last 2+ years (bought...used...sold around 20+ of them in this period) and formatting is the last thing we do with them! Sheesh!!!

P.S. Just wanted to add another point to the discussion and it is that Nokia phones have much better resale value. You might say that you are not buying a phone for re-selling but it is always a good thing to have in your bag cos one day you WILL want to upgrade :)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@amd64_man2005-- dude pls use n82.. and post its cons here .. i would love to know it from u since ur always recommending sony over nokia ..

that if u could find any ...

and my personal exp with n73me and k790i was .. for daylight shots - n73 cam better .. for night shots- k790i cos of xenon flash ..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
naah..my next phone will either be the XPERIA or the shiho(7.2 phone from sony)

and dude..those who are telling me that symbian phones dont run slow after 2 years of usage..u are telling me that the 3230s and the 6670s availbale then are not slow..how can i forget the 6600...yea...but thru all this crap nokia also released the 6630..one hell of a phone..used it..and worked like a charm even after an year of usage..other than that..all phones were pathetic...u cudnt write an sms with songs running in the background...

and sum1 here was trying to tell me that symbian running slow is a fault of the user...cool...i multitask a LOT..nokia is pathetic at that..and yea...i closed al applications..updated the firmware??..sorry..the 5700 dint have any new firmware 6 months to its release..and i m not into applicatrions..i installed officesuite and had to uninstall it coz..the phone hung when i tried to open files more than 2 mb...to each his own...

@yogi-thnx..tried the n95..n82 is no different..m a 19 year old...i dont like bricks or soap shaped phones..yea feature wise no phone comes twice as close..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
oohh..man..not again.. :D

well..@krazzy..if u dint kno..the k810 is highly moddable..the phone my friend is using..has been modded to better sound drivers and the sound output through the speakers is louder than that of the n73...(yeah u heard it right)

then again..the saturation levels can be increased..and well..the k800 stores details much better than the n73....its not about looking good in a pic..but its all about how u actually look..

the only thing that the n73 beats the k810 is in vga(??) recording and the screen size(resolutions the same)...and yea..the symbian os..

I've used Symbian phones for a long time. Still I've never seen Symbian phones getting slow over time. They're either slow from the beginning (6600, 3230, etc.) or they're just fast (5700, N82, E51). I've never seen them getting slow over time. That sounds frightningly like the OS we all know so well (yeah its Windows!). I don't know why you felt so. But I'd completely disagree.

About K810i being moddable, I'll tell you not everyone can do it. I have a SE phone which I've heard can be modded to some degree. Still I never had the nerve to do it since I was afraid I'll brick it. Modding requires patience and some skill and know-how and a lot of confidence. Also I might ask you why should I buy a K810i, then go through the trouble and risk of modding it when I could just buy a louder phone for the same money? I can understand buying the K550i (which is cheaper) and modding it to W610i (which is significantly more expensive). But buying a phone and making it just as good at something which costs the same doesn't make sense when you could've just bought the other phone.

K810i having 3G, I know about it. But it'll be some time till I can use it. N73 has EDGE as well as 3G, which makes it present as well as future proof.

In the end, I'll request the other guys replying here to chill out. I don't want what started out as a civil discussing with @iatb_gourav to become another Nokia v/s SE war. I've had enough of them to fill an entire book. They don't get you anywhere. Most end with hatred for fellow members and opposing brands. So, Peace Out!

@iatb_gourav, I'm buying Nokia 5700 Xpress Music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom