Which GTX 580 should I BUY?

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Which is the best GTX 580 brand in india considering warranty, RMA policies. quality and trust worthy? I have the flg choices:

1. MSI GTX 580
2. Zotac GTX 580
3. ASUS GTX 580.
4. Gigabyte GTX 580

wat are the max temperatures recorded on indian conditions?

Also is a gtx 580 with a other cooler required? I mean should i buy the:

1. MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II?
2. ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II( 37K is it worth that price?)

masterkd

Padawan
in ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II asus oc'ed only the core by 10mhz, no memory oc.. and the card is huge (tri slot)..may create problem in multi gpu setup..however this card consumes less power and produces less noise than the reference design..this card gives max 1% performance increase
check the review

MSI in its twin frozr II oc'ed to 800 mhz(ref 772 mhz)..and i think it'll perform better than asus..i didn't find any reliable review of this one yet..will post if i get one!!

Piyush

Lanaya
if ur mobo supports SLIing or CFX then u should go for it
but first which PSU do u have and which processor?

lordirecto

In the zone
@OP: Though I am not 100% sure, Twin Frozr II is MSi's answer to Asus's Direct CU II. So both are very good in terms of heat dissipation. So price-performance is what is going to be the deciding factor for you.

@Piy: I hear that SLI or CFX gives only 30% boost in performance, so does it justify spending a huge amount of money?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Msi gtx 580 twin frozr II is the 580 to get. Its sweetly priced at 27k.
Go for this.

@Piy: I hear that SLI or CFX gives only 30% boost in performance, so does it justify spending a huge amount of money?
Not true now. Cards are getting around 70-90% scaling these days. But yes, it is full of hassles and all games might not run properly.

Always prefer a single card over a SLI/Crossfire alternative if you have sufficient budget.

OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
wat is the price of:

1. ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II
2. ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II

are these available in india?

Also will the stock gtx 580 run cool enough or is the directcu required? case is not a prob as i will be taking the haf x

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
direct cu is cool but 580 one lot costly..but 570 i have heard is 20.5k..grab it if you want. otherwise 580 is cool. if you can get twin frozr 580 it will be good but normal will also do.

d3p

PowerHouse
BTW 580 comes premium.
An overclocked 570 performs same & sometimes exceed the performance w.r.t 580.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ 580 can be overclocked as well and has equal overclocking potential as 570.

Twin frozr 580 is actually the best as its priced well and is cooler owing to its custom design. Asus direct cu II GTX 580 should be enquired in the market. If priced around 27k, then buying that is a no brainer.

Street prices of asus cards are lower than online prices.

Top Bottom