Which Graphics card to buy....

cyborg47

Technomancer
That's a steal indeed. Which one's better, MSI or Gigabyte(my mobo's gigabyte too, if that's gonna make any difference).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yeah, I was wondering though, my mobo is gigabyte too, will using the graphics card from the same manufacturer gives it any advantage?

Nope, there's no such advantage. It will perform just like any other 650-ti boost from other boardmakers. Give the zotac one a try too. They have good RMA service.
Btw what's your resolution? You should also change that psu. It could be the culprit behind your current state of your card.

Cilus

laborare est orare
OP, could you please tell us which model of Core2Duo Processor you are having? There are plenty models of that architecture available and unless it is powerfull one...from 7000 or 8000 series, it will bottleneck any powerful GPU.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
ok guys i m not crating a separate thread for this as i just wana ask for 22k budget still the best gpu available in market is HD 7950 vapour x oc???

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Yest, it is. Here are reasons:-
1. 3 GB GDDR5 memory: Currently games are using high amount of video memory even at 1080P resolution. So 3GB Ram is very handy here.

2. 384 Bit Memory Bus: The competitior GTX 660 Ti is only having 192 Bit memory bus. 384 bit bus helps to achieve better performance in Compute and in games with high AA and AF enabled.

3. Compute Performance: OpenCL and DirectCompute based general purpose applications are now common. Handbrake (Video Encoder), Winzip and plenty of others do use it. So it has a edge here. Also in gaming, different image improvement techniques are becoming DIrectCompute based rather than heavy Pixel based operation and AMD card does have an edge here.

4. Overtclocking potential and improvement in performance: All the HD 7900 series do have very good overclocking potential and when overclocked, they do have better improvement than nVidia cards

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OP, could you please tell us which model of Core2Duo Processor you are having? There are plenty models of that architecture available and unless it is powerfull one...from 7000 or 8000 series, it will bottleneck any powerful GPU.

don't you think C2D cpus are not even enough for cards like HD6850 or higher .. read a article long back on Tom's that even HD6850 needs a quad core cpu to avoid any kind of bottlenecks.

OP
Ashish1@1

Ashish1@1

Broken In
How can processors bottlenext GPU's ??
Thansk new !!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
How can processors bottlenext GPU's ??
Thansk new !!

this link should be helful :
The Game Rundown: Finding CPU/GPU Bottlenecks, Part 2 - 20 Games To Help Uncover Bottlenecks And Test Settings

Take Alien vs. Predator as an example. You can easily play it with a weak CPU and a strong graphics card. But using Grand Theft Auto 4 EFLC with a setup like that would severely limit frame rates, since it's so CPU-heavy. And while budget hardware can hit more than 60 FPS in old games without breaking a sweat, the DirectX 11-class Metro 2033 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. titles are unplayable without a good graphics card.

There are a few things you can take away from these graphs. Even if a single-core CPU is only 88% utilized, you are still missing out on about 30% of your potential graphics card performance. With a dual-core CPU, the untapped potential is just 9%, and a quad-core CPU can bring this number down to around 5%. It's important to note that multi-core CPUs decrease the jerky gameplay you might suffer on a single-core system when games need to load new resources. In any case, all four cores are very rarely fully used, leaving software with some breathing room.

now that artciale was published back on 2010 .. but most of the today's games are DX 11 based or even if it's DX 9 / 10 based they are very nicely optimized for multicore cpus and gfx cards performace has incresed a lot since then .. play some modern games like BFBC2 or BF3 . you will know how a cpu is bottlenecking a gfx card.

Top Bottom