which goty award is the most trusted one

cyborg47

Technomancer
I'd trust Eurogamer and Gamasutra(if they usually give any), rest of majority of the media had times when they sold themselves, throwing away awards with a lot of bias.

heidi2521

Padawan
[sarcasm]Kotaku[/sarcasm]

Eurogamer and Destructoid are pretty reliable. Polygon isn't too bad either.

[sarcasm]Kotaku[/sarcasm]

Eurogamer and Destructoid are pretty reliable. Polygon isn't too bad either.

Personally: Any award that will result in a GOTY edition with all DLC :D.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Take it this way, any media company which does too much PR events(Gamtrailers, Gameinformer, GTTV *ahem*Geoff Keighley*ahem* etc), or over intrusive ads, should not be trusted ;)

darkv0id

Journeyman
If by "trusted" you mean "the award goes to whoever they think the award should go to", then I think almost all sites can be "trusted" in the matter of GOTY awards, unless, of course, as cyborg47 pointed out, it goes to a game that the site has extensively promoted via advertising.

Try not to read too much into GOTY awards, they are just opinions of the site's writers, your opinions may not match theirs.

Hell, sometimes even the site's own reviews may not match their GOTY. Like how in 2008 IGN gave both GTA IV and MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots a 10/10, but the Game of the Year went to Fallout 3, which scored only 9.6.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well MGS 4 deserved it. The game is that good and complicated. I guess maximum reviewers gave it a perfect score and gamers worldwide agreed too with phenomenal aggregate public scores.
There isn't a slightest negativity about that title in any reviews out there. No amount of advertisement and publicity can give a game that kind of score. It has to be earned and MGS 4 deserved every bit of it.

I had been playing mgs games for the past decade and i know why it gets that kind of insane scores. Its no less than a AAA hollywood script. Heck, its even complicated than that. :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Spike Video Game Awards

BAFTA Video Game Awards

and finally, GOTY presented at annual DICE summit.

As there will be huge media coverage and buzz during these award ceremonies, I think, video game industry considers these three, prestigious.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i dont trust goty awards..

i read about the games, and then if i like the plot/setting/mechanics, i play.

but yes, goty awards have chosen awesome games over the years, games which truly deserve to be gotys. ;)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Spike Video Game Awards

BAFTA Video Game Awards

and finally, GOTY presented at annual DICE summit.

As there will be huge media coverage and buzz during these award ceremonies, I think, video game industry considers these three, prestigious.

Spike is ****

Top Bottom