which FPS game to buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyhj

Broken In
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about buying Battlefield 3 today for Multiplayer gaming. I had played the Beta of the game and really liked it.
Now i'm having second thoughts. There are some things i wanna know.

1) How many Maps are there in BF3? (not including the Karkand DLC pack)

2)Which one is better in MP? BF3 or MW3? (Plz only reply to this if u have ACTUALLY played both games in Multiplayer. Don't base u'r ans on Single Player plz)

3) Should i wait for Medal of honor Warfighter? It has the same frostbite engine and the debut trailer looked pretty awesome too.

Thankz

1) No idea.
2) BF3 MP>>>>>MW3 MP
3) MoH has always fallen flat on its face. However, there's always a first time. You can wait for Warfighter. We won't know how the game plays out until we actually play it.

So for the meantime, get BF3. Enjoy the MP. :)

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
1. There are 13 maps including the Back to Karkand DLC, without it, there are 9. But don't worry, it'll take you around 3-4 months to say that you've seen each and every map's smallest corners, and will take you another 3-4 months to master that map, they are this big!

2. The games cannot be compared. BF3 is open field strategy based shooter, whereas MW3 is an arcade close quarter shooter game. Both have their own Pros and Cons (saying this as an owner of both the games). But, personally i didn't really like MW3 gameplay, you have to play via matchmaking for ranking up as servers are not ranked, so you'll experience high lags even on your 2 mbps connection.

BF3 multiplayer is vast, it's gameplay is exhilarating and is close to reality. Maps are big (both a pro and con for other people) and there are PLENTY of weapons to unlock, overall, BF3 MP will hook you up for the coming 6-7 months for sure.

3. Warfighter seems like a good game, but still nothing can be said about it before it's release. So hold on for that.

Verdict - Buy BF3, eyes closed, and the money you save (BF3=1300 for SE and MW3=2700 after 10% off), buy the Back to Karkand expansion pack, it's worth every penny

OP
S

sunnyhj

Broken In
Thanks guy:-D

I'm going right now to buy BF3 :) Hope i'll it in Music world..Cause i don't know any other place to buy a genuine Games :p

If anyone of u lives in Chandigarh and knows a place where i can buy this. Plz feel free to tell me :)

Thankz

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Flipkart.com: Battlefield 3 game: Game: PC
Here :)

It has cod(CASH ON DELV)
Sorry :(.dint see its out of stock

OP
S

sunnyhj

Broken In
Thanks guys :)
i am going for BF3 and now there is something new i wanna ask u

Should i download it from origin? How will i get the cd key?

I have actually a pirated P version( reloaded version) just to feel out the game if its worth buying. Now if i buy this game from origin. Will they ship the DVD or just provide the cd key and let me download the game??

Plz reply ASAP as i will wanna play the game today.

One more thing if origin provides me the cd key then can i just use it with my Reloaded version to play MP? Or will i have to download the full game again??

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
They will mail cd key to your email and you can download the game from origin client.

It's over 10GB of download. If you have uber fast net connection then you can finish the download today else forget playing today.

Not sure if you can use the original CD key with your p-rated game. You may want to remove the piracy line because it's against forum rules.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Thanks guys :)
i am going for BF3 and now there is something new i wanna ask u

Should i download it from origin? How will i get the cd key?

I have actually a pirated version( reloaded version) just to feel out the game if its worth buying. Now if i buy this game from origin. Will they ship the DVD or just provide the cd key and let me download the game??

Plz reply ASAP as i will wanna play the game today.

One more thing if origin provides me the cd key then can i just use it with my Reloaded version to play MP? Or will i have to download the full game again??

strange u didnt recieve an infraction from the mods
using the "P" Word is against forum rules

coming back to the point
dont get the game from origin its a 10gb DL plus you have to download a 4.9GB compulsory patch
and the origin version costs rs1499 while the disc version costs rs1299
they will e-mail you the cd key in case you get it from origin

Last edited:
OP
S

sunnyhj

Broken In
thanks guys for telling me that. about the P word..
regarding the Price..i wanted to buy the DVD version i've been out looking for this game since 10am and just returned home now..couldn't find it anywhere..So i'm going with Origin version. I can download that, Its no problem. My PC is usually on all the time :p

Thanks again..

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
thanks guys for telling me that. about the P word..
regarding the Price..i wanted to buy the DVD version i've been out looking for this game since 10am and just returned home now..couldn't find it anywhere..So i'm going with Origin version. I can download that, Its no problem. My PC is usually on all the time :p

Thanks again..

rs1499 + 15GB of downloading.................god save your wallet
once you get your cd-key in the e-mail copy/paste it in word or write it down somewhere safe
BTW BF3 requires a 1 mbps minimum connection.....otherwise be prepared for lag

@sunnyhj :you're getting bf3 right. so you got an answer to your query.if you have any questions about bf3 theres a "battlefield 3 disscusion" thread around here

Close this thread

OP
S

sunnyhj

Broken In
Well as i told earlier i have P version and also have all the patches. So all i need is a Retail CD key which i'll get from Origin after i'll buy the game :). So instead of waiting for a week for Online store(game4u as all other stores are out of stock) to deliver the game i'm going with Origin :)

Even if i have to download the game its no biggie for me as my system is on around 20hrs a day and i usually download 70+gb of data in a month :p

And i get 100ms Ping on 512kbps network which becomes 1mbps on start of every month and i played BF3 beta which ran fine on my rig. No lags whatsoever:-D

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Well as i told earlier i have P version and also have all the patches. So all i need is a Retail CD key which i'll get from Origin after i'll buy the game :). So instead of waiting for a week for Online store(game4u as all other stores are out of stock) to deliver the game i'm going with Origin :)

Even if i have to download the game its no biggie for me as my system is on around 20hrs a day and i usually download 70+gb of data in a month :p

And i get 100ms Ping on 512kbps network which becomes 1mbps on start of every month and i played BF3 beta which ran fine on my rig. No lags whatsoever:-D

:banghead: your patches are termed as cracks
once you download BF3 Origin will Automatically(read as "force you to")download the latest patch
you cannot get BF3 patches separate at least legally ,no

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Please stop discussing about these things. Talking about piracy and cracks is forbidden on the forum. If you need help, please PM someone or else ask anyone in IRC. Please don't use profanity on the forum. Battlefield 3 is worth every paisa you pay for it. Go for it without any second doubt. And i think OP's doubt was cleared by me and Gaurav in the first and second post, so i think this topic should be closed already.

OP
S

sunnyhj

Broken In
They are not cracks. they are Genuine patches u just don't acquire them through proper channel.. to play them illegally u'll need a crack. but if u have a legit key they work as genuine one does.

All the files i have are legit files. and yes u can't get them legally as origin won't let u save them separately. But there are pple who extract those file and provide u those files so that u don't have to download them every single time u uninstall and install a game.

Umm how do u close a thread?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Gentleman's guide of posting in this section. read it. and start a new thread free of any illegal discussion. and term yourself as lucky. you should have already been hammered. last warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom