Which DVD writer to buy ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
As the title suggest I need to buy a dvd writer.
There are various options available in the market which is making me a bit confused.
I have used benq,samsung,lg,sony and liteon drives and has a conclusion that

Samsung : Accurate scanning ,Perfect burning but the infamous tray problem is holding me back

LG : Very very good scanning capability,good burning but noisy in general...overall a good drive

Sony : Highly reliable burning ,silent but often refuses to accept cheap media and almost always wont allow you to write at full speed which is in fact a big problem to me

Liteon : Very very fast drives...but unreliable and not so good build quality

BenQ : Avarage scanning , Good burning ...but in general ..not really durable...

I need a drive.Tell me guys which one to go for ??? I need an ide drive.I am a bit leaned towords LG H55N/L.

If possible...post latest prices also..wont mind a lightscribe drive as the price difference is insignificant but that feature is not absolutely necessary.And please do mention Model number while suggesting... (possibly a review link)

Thnx in regards

Last edited:

Renny

Padawan
I'd say u go for LG, Im using one on my P3 system since 2 years and I havent got any problems except for the tray getting stuck.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Sorry, but Litoen nowadays sux.
I had gud experience with past liteon drives, but the drives comeing out recently[3~4 months] are really bad. Many of my friends here are blaming me for recomending it. And my 2 months old liteon 20A failed miserably last week too.

Samsung SH-S203 is very gud. Earlier Samsung models were worst but this one is really gud. Its 20X and has sata interface.
Just look for its reviews, its the best out there currently.

axxo

99.9% Idle
Nowadays most products are from china only..so dont bother about the brand..regardless of brands all drives are going to perform the same..

go for either samsung/LG....look no further

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Sorry, but Litoen nowadays sux.
I had gud experience with past liteon drives, but the drives comeing out recently[3~4 months] are really bad. Many of my friends here are blaming me for recomending it. And my 2 months old liteon 20A failed miserably last week too.

Samsung SH-S203 is very gud. Earlier Samsung models were worst but this one is really gud. Its 20X and has sata interface.
Just look for its reviews, its the best out there currently.

Samsung used to be the worst (with tray problems etc) but my SH-S203B has been working fine for last 6 months. Plus it has been reviewed as a better one by sites including cdfreaks. Nowadays people prefer it and it is cheaper also.
BTW, mine is made in Indonesia.

OP
sidewinder

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Well I need an IDE drive.Can anybody confirm the price of samsung ide 20x ???

So basically It comes down to only two...either samsung s203 or LG H55N....amongst these two which would be better ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom