Which Digital Camera to buy????

Status
Not open for further replies.

chavo

Journeyman
Hey guyzz.....
This vacation my parents are going for tour in U.K.
So we are planning to buy our first DIGITAL CAMARA..
My parents are giving me upto 10,000 Rs.
My reqirments are as follows :

1>Ofcourse good picture clarity(any megapixal)
2>Big screen to priview pictures
3>I prefer to buy Sony,Nikon or Olympus

So guyzz please help me to find a nice camera in <=10,000 Rs
Waiting for your replays:p:lol:

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
why not canon !! any hatred ?

i strongly recommend canon powershot 590IS for 9.2k
8mp, 4x opti zoom, image stabilizer

why not canon !! any hatred ?

i strongly recommend canon powershot 590IS for 9.2k
8mp, 4x opti zoom, image stabilizer

why not samsung,lg,daewoo,hitachi.....any hatred ? :shock::shock: lol

I am using samsung s1030 which has 10.2 megapixel...though I still have nikon but my charger is not working and the charger is more costly then the samsung digicam!! lol

i refer you "sony H10" camera. it is very good camera actually a mini dslr. it has 10x optical zoom and can support 8gb of external memory. it has li-on battery which has the backup of upto 3hrs. also 3" lcd to view the photos. in extras it can show the output on TV directly and it is HD ready. i am using it since diwali of 2008. But you have to increase your budget little. It is the best value for money.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Canon A590 IS ... Go for it, you won't regret.
Also why not Canon? They are one of the best in the industry :(

Canon is also good but there is one major problem. There are less service centres than sony in delhi it is located in Gurgaon and a collection point which is in okhla and no other service centres other than this. also it has only 1 year WARRANTY. on the other hand sony has 3 year WARRANTY and service centres of sony are in good numbers. Just because i am giving suggestin for sony.

Sony also has one major problem, it support only micro pro duo memory stick which is nt available easily like sd and microsd.

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
^ canon offers 2years warranty...

and yes,

memory sticks are less widely available and more costly..

sujoyp

Grand Master
^ canon offers 2years warranty...

and yes,

memory sticks are less widely available and more costly..

Man get a 2gb memory card for Sony...no need of anything else...
I am sure ur battery will drain off before filling that 2gb.

u can keep 1 spare...if u think u will keep 400-500 shots in memory card..

I again wanna tell u that sony's digicams have less picture size .
I get 8mp pics only at 2.5-3.5 mb with my T100...I have heard that other company require 4-5 mb per pics

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^ The less image size contributes to heavy compression. Alas I even find 2 GB card too small, maybe I am a too much of an addict. I am planning to get a 16 GB one. :D

Also it maybe that in your Sony's camera you have kept the Widescreen option turned on, so the image size is small. Turn it off & it too will rise up to around 3-4MB.

sujoyp

Grand Master
^ The less image size contributes to heavy compression. Alas I even find 2 GB card too small, maybe I am a too much of an addict. I am planning to get a 16 GB one. :D

Also it maybe that in your Sony's camera you have kept the Widescreen option turned on, so the image size is small. Turn it off & it too will rise up to around 3-4MB.

But image clarity is still good...
And no my cam take widescreen pic at 2mp only and 8mp pic at its normal resolution...soo the size is genuinely small in Sony.

i recently purchase 4gb card now i think it is complete for all my needs. it can store more than 1200 images with 8M quality.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
purchase sony camera it is like maruti cars (i.e. low maintainance, good service).
Posted again:
purchase sony camera it is like maruti cars (i.e. low maintainance, good service).

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Great ...Congrats on purchase..dont forget to get a screen guard and a good quality pouch for the cam.:)

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Man get a 2gb memory card for Sony...no need of anything else...
I am sure ur battery will drain off before filling that 2gb.

u can keep 1 spare...if u think u will keep 400-500 shots in memory card..

I again wanna tell u that sony's digicams have less picture size .
I get 8mp pics only at 2.5-3.5 mb with my T100...I have heard that other company require 4-5 mb per pics

But image clarity is still good...
And no my cam take widescreen pic at 2mp only and 8mp pic at its normal resolution...soo the size is genuinely small in Sony.

as cool g5 has written, small image size means more compression.
yesterday i came across nikon coolpix s550 whose 10mp image's size is 1.5mb averagely. OK, it looks normal -but only to eyes. when u print it, then u will see what have you lost. one can say 'who always wants print' but who knows when you need to print a memorable pic. in addition, if u wanna laminate 1 to bigger size, then.......god knows what a 8mp-pic of-2mb will turn out !!!!:))

what I have experienced..
7mp canon's pic is averagely 2.5-3mb
7mp sony is 1.5-2mb

I prefer always to have options.

AND If anybody wants desperately to keep a thousand pic in memory card, i will suggest better click images in 5mp which is sufficient.

sujoyp

Grand Master
as cool g5 has written, small image size means more compression.
yesterday i came across nikon coolpix s550 whose 10mp image's size is 1.5mb averagely. OK, it looks normal -but only to eyes. when u print it, then u will see what have you lost. one can say 'who always wants print' but who knows when you need to print a memorable pic. in addition, if u wanna laminate 1 to bigger size, then.......god knows what a 8mp-pic of-2mb will turn out !!!!:))

what I have experienced..
7mp canon's pic is averagely 2.5-3mb
7mp sony is 1.5-2mb

I prefer always to have options.

AND If anybody wants desperately to keep a thousand pic in memory card, i will suggest better click images in 5mp which is sufficient.

OK...I agree somewhat...Actually I never printed a single pic from my Sony Cam in last 2 years...but again 8mp pics r BIGG...I think 8x10 pic will look normal..isnt it????

Can u tell me the size of RAW pics taken by DSLR??

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok here is the crop from an outdoor pic

*i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu225/sujoyp/th_Picture029.jpg

And this is Indoor

*i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu225/sujoyp/th_DSC00024.jpg

is it that bad...please tell me

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
ok here is the crop from an outdoor pic

*i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu225/sujoyp/th_Picture029.jpg

And this is Indoor

*i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu225/sujoyp/th_DSC00024.jpg

is it that bad...please tell me

One can clearly notice the compression artifacts in the second one. There are some in the first one too, but difficult to notice due to light in the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom