which company's graphics cards are best?

Which company's graphics cards are best?

• ATI

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • NVIDIA

Votes: 24 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

47shailesh

Security Exp
But according to the AMD merger i think ATI will lead the market..

But as of now both have almost same build in quality...

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
NVidia...currently they are ahead with the 8800...who knows that may change if ATI comes with a better one in the near future...till than it's NVidia.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i am optimistic abt ATI.

Though i own all my gfx cards (2) from NVIDIA.

premsharma

In the zone
ATI is I feel better. I have experienced both. Though there is not much difference and it no question of who is ahead or not but the price Vs performance combunation is better from ATI

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
caleb said:
NVidia...currently they are ahead with the 8800...who knows that may change if ATI comes with a better one in the near future...till than it's NVidia.
ATIs R600 has already proved to be much faster than 8800GTX in almost all benchs;) And they are also launching an R600 Dual which will be the fastest single card nd will be much faster than 2x8800GTX in SLI.
There will be also PCIE 2.0 versions of R600.

premsharma

In the zone
aravind_n20 said:
ATIs R600 has already proved to be much faster than 8800GTX in almost all benchs;) And they are also launching an R600 Dual which will be the fastest single card nd will be much faster than 2x8800GTX in SLI.
There will be also PCIE 2.0 versions of R600.

ATI R600, priced ???

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ATI R600 has not yet officially available, so no info bout prices. Might be close to 8800GTX. R600's name is X2800XTX.
see this
*www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20070103072506.html

*www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20061125030945.html

*xgatech.com/uploads/photos/628.jpg
the card is 80nm fabrication nd core @800MHZ and 512 bitGDDR4@2.0 GHZ nd later versions will have higher clocks. After all the card is 12.4 inches long, ie 1.4 inch longer than 8800GTX.

And there is a battle goin on. just see
*www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33835119

nvidia is gonna stop 8800GTX(G80) production for an improved version, the G90 core.
see link. Maybe it could beat the R600 or even dual.
*forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=130990

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
I think Quality wise ATi but support wise Nvidia .. I LIKE BOTH of them... had both .. so cantpraise just one..

shantanu

Technomancer
2004 was very old dude.. if you see any games for last six months .. as i noticed... there was a shine in grafix in Ati but not in Nvidia... :D:D:D

i am not saying you are wrong.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom