Which company offers the best wireless PCMCIA card for Internet access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello! :)

This is an urgent query. Please tell me, quickly, which company offers the best wireless card. I'm hearing a lot about Reliance.

Thank you!

Sourabh

Laptoping
Yes, their V data cards give constant 80kbps at most places. I had a very bad experience with Reliance PCMCIA datacard. So, I would say stay away from them. Even I'm considering Tata's new Plug2Surf USB drive for wireless internet on my laptop. It's a pity that there isn't any ExpressCard solution for new laptops.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Sourabh said:
Even I'm considering Tata's new Plug2Surf USB drive for wireless internet on my laptop.

Can u state the complete cost of the whole setup? Will this work on normal Desktop?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hey if any 1 has tata wireless net setup for laptops could u please tell me the exact total cost and also whats the bill like ....

Sourabh

Laptoping
Tata is advertising the USB Plug2Surf like crazy. It's more or less similar to the USB NetConnect device from Reliance. Get the USB modem which is priced at Rs. 2,850 (Plug2Surf one - doesn't support voice calls) and choose a plan. I think you've to pay additional 100 Rs. for the T-sim (not sure)

The only thing stopping me from getting it, is the company name - Tata Indicom.

As for your query, device cost is one time. You don't have the option to have it on rent. Plan charges are monthly depending on your choice. Though not very cheap, they are good enough considering wireless on-the-move internet is a luxury.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Yes, PCMCIA V Data Card does. I was talking about the Plug2Surf. USB one is a better option as you can use it in both laptops and desktops directly. No hassles of an external antenna. If you pack the laptop in a carrycase often, the external antenna takes a lot of abuse and can break easily.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I get around 16.5Kbps download at all times on TATA V Data PCMCIA card.
Its an unlimited plan which i took a long while back,
I even download movies n stuff with those,,,

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, as U know my friend in gurgaon needs it, so is there something like Wireless internet at 128kbps atleast with as low cost as possible. He will be using on desktop PC & Laptop. The problem is wiring, he is not allowed to do digging etc in Sushant Lok

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
hey gx_saurav. I am looking for a broadband solution in gurgaon too. But it is somewhere in dumaspur road after badshahpur (after the toll bridge - chungi)

din

Tribal Boy
Reliance - They have unlimited plan for data card - Rs.1500+tax per month. I use it for the last 2 years. Speed is like 80-100 kbps

*www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Communications/Netconnect/netconnect_tariffs_details.html

Tata - No unlimited plan, 1500+tax for 5 GB cap. Other plans very similar / same as Reliance

*www.tataindicom.com/t-business-data-plug2surf-tariff.aspx

BSNL - If you have BSNL CDMA coverage near your place, you can try it. You need not even buy the card, can go for retnal. Total will be 550+tax which includes voice rental + data card rental + unlimited internet. I am currently using and testing it.Speed - 80 -100 if tower is near, 60 or less if you are far away from tower.

*bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=370

From my experience, all data cards speed depend mainly on the distance from the tower. So decide based on the tower distance, thats my suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom