which certification course for career in IT company and else?

digitaltab

In the zone
hi, i am an electronics and communication engineer, passed out in 2011.
i joined usha in july and worked there till may, thus having an experience count of 10 months.
but then left job, and now i want to make career in IT/hardware/networking organisation as there is vast field and growth of these in India rather than pure electronics based companies.
but I was thinking to join NIIT or else for any suitable certification course to enter in organisations like HCL, IBM, TCS, INFOSYS, TECH MAHINDRA, wipro etc. as they all want specialization in particular areas which i don't have.
but i am confused between the variety of courses provided there. they provide courses like SAP, DOT NET, CCNA, SERVER MANAGEMENT and others about which i don't know a single thing.
my question here is that which course should i choose, i mean which will be the most profitable?
Also, there are courses available for my EC branch such as embedded and vlsi. what is the current scope of these courses?
Please guide me in a particular direction.
thanks.
PS: i don't have the knowledge of languages/ linux/ programmings but a little basic knowledge of JAVA BASIC, and c++.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
All the courses you mentioned are worlds apart WRT each other. I'd say chose which interests you most.
VLSI is out as you said you don't want to work in pure electronics based companies. I personally like it much though. For networking, go for CISCO based certifications. There are hell lot certifications offered by CISCO, chose them according to your interest and "course ladder".
And networking has got nothing to do with knowledge of programming languages.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
thanks for the advice but its not like what suits me best but i want to join a course the scope of which is larger than any other in India and the growth in which seems good and better than other.
and i am not ignoring electronics industry but my meaning was that getting a GOOD job + GROWTH in electronics company is a lot harder than getting into an IT organisation.
the good jobs and growth is in PSUs for which i am not prepared, that is why i wanted to go for IT career.
also, private electronics companies don't hire freshers or low experienced profiles except in- campus placements...

chetnan

Banned
Hello,

Below is the answer of your question :

Now-a-days many good certification courses are offer by large institutes.

If you are in india then i suggest you ACIT which is one of the largest CCNA training institute which offer various certification courses like CCNA, CCNA SECURITY, CCNA VOICE, CCNP, CCIP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE RS, CCIE SP, CCIE SEC, CHECKPOINT, MCITP, AND MORE...

Thanks

krazylearner

poor little me
i am not ignoring electronics industry but my meaning was that getting a GOOD job + GROWTH in electronics company is a lot harder than getting into an IT organisation.

agree

Forget about NIIT .There is a thread on this forum.

Go for cisco if you can .

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
agree

Forget about NIIT .There is a thread on this forum.

Go for cisco if you can .

why not NIIT, as i know that is the most common and famous name for such certification courses.
and which thread on this forum you are talking about?

and even if i go for CISCO such as CCNA, CCNP etc. then in that case too i'll require a coaching or study material or guidance i mean..

Hrishi

Seriously , NIIT ?? I would not suggest that institute for anything else other than .NET.
Studied there for an year of GNIIT, and then downgraded after looking at the quality of education.

And as far as Placement ,etc are concerned , Forget about it.They rarely send anyone into Core IT companies.
I don't think a good B.tech student will be willing to go for NIIT, if they know the internal details.
A pissed off NIIT student.
Rishi.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
Seriously , NIIT ?? I would not suggest that institute for anything else other than .NET.
Studied there for an year of GNIIT, and then downgraded after looking at the quality of education.

And as far as Placement ,etc are concerned , Forget about it.They rarely send anyone into Core IT companies.
I don't think a good B.tech student will be willing to go for NIIT, if they know the internal details.
A pissed off NIIT student.
Rishi.

well i do not know any quality standards of NIIT. i named it just because that is the most common name for me for such certification courses.
IF not NIIT, then according to you, where should i look for and also could you suggest which certification course will be appropriate according to my needs?

Top Bottom