Which CD Writer is most reliable???:?:

Does a samsung writer suck??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I don't know why are you guys so much against Samsung. What's the reason? What problems have you faced?

I have been using Samsung DVD-ROM and CD-RW drives since quite some time and they work perfectly well. No problem at all!! :)

silentassasin

Right off the assembly line
Hasn't anybody here used an ASUS cd writer?
I bought one recently because almost every shopkeeper in Lamington Road (and all of my geek friends) recommended ASUS....
Please post any of ur experiences...
(Also, how do u pronounce ASUS ? is it as in "jaasoos"(spy) in hindi or as in "aces"...some ppl also call it A.S.U.S ) :p

allajunaki

Journeyman
Well I dont have first hand experience in samsung writers, But 2 of my friends have Samsung writers, and all i can say is....Where the hell is the reliablity?.. While one friend gives me fully written CD's which conatin nothing at all!!! Well CD shows 0MB free space and 0MB contents in my writer (Asus CRW4012U and my LiteDVD rom drive refuse to acknowledge the prescence of the CD).. and yeah, His dirve itself tells him that its a zero MB disc...
Now only way to recover it is to Use ISOMagic or something Similar to recover the data... (Awesome way to conceal P0rn eh?!? ).
And my other friend yess, If i need anything i give him two CD's, One his Samsung writer eats as appetizer(which it needs 40% of times) and other to actually write...
Now, I know that this maynot be the case with all, but my opinion is that Samsung Optical Drives are unreilable.... It may or maynot work...
As far as new writer goes my vote is for Liteon... Its a lil louder, but it also gets the job done Fasst...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom