Which browser???

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Have you tried Firefox 3.0 rc1; well, i'm using that for the last one week... it is still stable... a bit faster... lighter...
Get it from *www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-rc.html

RC2 might release by this weekend...

tuxybuzz

Ballack Junior
opera is acc. to me the best for you..the problems you mention here are perhaps because due to some security settings..and have you got the plugins for online videos installed..that might be the reason for them not playing..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
One more vote for Safari—clean interface, neat features and super-fast speed.

Which bank is yours?

Firefox 3 is what I am using and it rocks, ecept for its slightly high resource usage(I use beta5)

Dillo is another browser that looks cute, is only 335kb, but you miss out a lot on extra features. But its good for low end systems.

Currently, Opera is the best, because firefox 2.xxx is old, and 3 is too new.

If you are willing to install KDE(which can be done only in Windows and Linux, not macintosh) then try out Konqueror which can use all plugins out of your firefox install. Its the fastest browser I have ever seen, and its KHTML rocks.

Avant is one of the best browsers for M$ platform based on IE Engine. Its dead fast.

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Firefox 3 is what I am using and it rocks, ecept for its slightly high resource usage(I use beta5)
I'll press hard to upgrade :smile:

If you are willing to install KDE(which can be done only in Windows and Linux, not macintosh) then try out Konqueror which can use all plugins out of your firefox install. Its the fastest browser I have ever seen, and its KHTML rocks.
Konqueror4 is good (especially the one in beta stage) but it is still in early stage and very unstable.
I'm using Konqueror 4.1 Beta1 on openSUSE 10.3. Though it crashes randomly, the improvements from KDE3 version are so much that I still try to use it anyways...

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Okay..thnx for the suggestions and advice till now..lets say my PC is infected.

what I should do??? How to knw whether the infection is true??? Hw to test it out???

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
I did a complete scan of my computer frm ESET SS..nothing found..any other suggestions???

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Also try *www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Also, 256 MB RAM is not enough if you want to load multiple pages simultaneously.

How is your PC doing in general? How does its performance compare to what it used to be? Windows XP is also known to slow down with time, so even a windows reinstall might help.
To get more precise help (regarding tweaks to get more juice, if possible), please post following
CPU:
Motherboard:
Partitions; their number and format:
Do you have AGP card installed:

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
CPU: P4 2.4Ghz
Motherboard: Intel GVAD2
Partitions; their number and format: 80GB, 4, NTFS
Do you have AGP card installed: Nope

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
[off-topic]

You have four freakin’ partitions on an eighty gigabyte hard disk drive?! What is it with Windows users and drive partitioning anyway? They just can’t seem to get enough of it. :p

[/off-topic]

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
[offtopic]

^^
250G hard drive = 5x50GB
40G hard drive = 1x40GB

Windows users are more... organized. :p

[/offtopic]

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Downloaded Safari..got a setup file..installed it..but no Safari found..Got a app Apple software update, checked for updates, found Safari, installed it, opened it, took ages to open(already Opera opened, this might be the reason, closed it, worked).
Look and feel is good. Opened Gmail, the fonts and looks are great. Opened Sathyam cinemas, worked(doesn't work in Opera). Big relief.
Tried my bank website, Oops, the tabs are missing, tried again, same.(In opera the tabs are visible, but when clicked on tab, it shows please wait while page loads and takes ages and never loads).
My issue is stil not fixed by Safari, then why should I go for it.

Very sad krazzy.

All pages load perfectly on my Safari, or atleast the ones I've been to. Wonder which bank site you are talking about.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
All pages load perfectly on my Safari, or atleast the ones I've been to. Wonder which bank site you are talking about.
HDFC m8

u need to upgrade man, atleast 256 ram more
reinstall windows and update your drivers
really thinking of it man..as first stage recently purchased Microtek dual battery UPS..gettin 1GB RAM soon.

Have you tried Firefox 3.0 rc1; well, i'm using that for the last one week... it is still stable... a bit faster... lighter...
Get it from *www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-rc.html

RC2 might release by this weekend...
Have installed FF RC1..its faster from the installation..all sites now work..HDFC, Satyam etc.,

Will have to wait for Gmail..whether it gives out the un-responsive script error.

If it doesn't occur, then I am relieved. Personally RC1 seems to be very fast than the prev versions..

Very concerned abt Gmail's error though.

So is my computer clean of any infections after installing FF RC1????
Is FF RC1 serving as a AV too???

Last edited:
OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Sad news - still getting the unresponsive script error from Gmail..any one has a solution for it??

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Final decision made -

FF made my computer very slow while using it and also after waking up my computer from hibernation. Opera minimises the time delay very much.
As many suggested, Gonna use Opera for everyday use, for specific use like bank and satyam cinemas, gonna use FF other than the stupid IE8 or 7.

Thanks for all your time and efforts put in to this thread to make my decision.

Thanks once again.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Also, try reinstalling Flash Plugin for Netscape browsers. That should fix the video problem in your Opera. I, like many others in this thread, feel you have problems with your windows installation. Try running a repair from your installation CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom