Which browser???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi all, I knew there are loads of threads regarding which browser to use..But I have started this since my needs are more specific.. Here goes the story.

Long long back I was using Opera since it has the tab feature and also the feature to start the Opera from where it was left previously..But days went by and Opera started to act bizarre..Like, it started very slowly, frequent closure etc., I again searched threads here and switched over to FF.

FF was cool, but it eated my resource 110%..I am using 256 MB of RAM and FF eating my resource made my PC dead slow.. Also I use to open all the website I use in tabs and use it..One more problem was with Gmail. From Gmail and FF I get a error unresponsive script and kills my FF instantly and also I download loads and this error makes the download stop.

Again I searched here and switched over to Opera again. Again new problems.. Most of the secured website doesn't load, youtube or online videos doesn't work. Only thing is Opera is very resource friendly. But I can't compromise losing access to secured website and online videos.

Now I am again thinking of switching to FF. But in a dilemma.

Guys pls help me out.

Here are my needs.

1. UI shuld look gud.
2. Need to store usernames and passwords.
3. Resource friendly.
4. Need to access all website and online vids.
5. Stability.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

T i A

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Your comp is affected by some adware or virus. Because Opera does all what you said, and it doesnt cause problems to the millions who use it. So your problem now is not choosing a browser, its cleaning your comp.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Good try.. I hv installed ESET SS and COMODO..Updated till date..ran scans..nothin found. Any other ideas???

Tiger

Bot
use firefox and firefox optimizer it reduce the memory hunger of it to 1mb !! ya believe me it uses 1mb only with optimizer installed

sakumar79

Technomancer
My personal choice is to use Opera for general browsing and for the few cases where websites dont work properly, I use IE7 or Firefox (depending on if I am in Windows or Linux).... I am using both Opera 9.27 and 9.50 beta2, and in both cases, I have access to most secure sites as well as video sites like Youtube... Which version of Opera are you currently trying? For me, the main problem in Opera is Gmail site which does not load correctly... Other than that, only a few random sites dont work properly in Opera for which I switch to IE/FF

Arun

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
For me, all sites load correctly. I use 9.27 stable. Even GMail and youtube and metacafe and several other video sites.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
use firefox and firefox optimizer it reduce the memory hunger of it to 1mb !! ya believe me it uses 1mb only with optimizer installed
Just got this piece of software called 'firefox optimizer'. Its a total crapware. It does not reduce firefox memory consumption. It just makes it report drastically lower values. You can confirm this is by observing the change in page file usage after exiting firefox. As soon as you exit, it drops by about 40-50 MB-which is same as that consumed by firefox.

chicha

High without substance...

i downloaded it from here

but i think there is a problem in the setup file.
can you link that page?

thank you

Just got this piece of software called 'firefox optimizer'. Its a total crapware. It does not reduce firefox memory consumption. It just makes it report drastically lower values. You can confirm this is by observing the change in page file usage after exiting firefox. As soon as you exit, it drops by about 40-50 MB-which is same as that consumed by firefox.

in my case that thing(software) did not work at all.
but there were no negative comments from the site i downloaded it.

off topic: i thought you were a doc.

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
i downloaded it from here

in my case that thing(software) did not work at all.
but there were no negative comments from the site i downloaded it.

off topic: i thought you were a doc.
Even I downloaded from Sofftonic, the same site as you.

Can't say why there were no negative comments, though its is surprizing.

offtopic: Yes, i am a (almost)doc...last year MBBS :D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I prefer FireFox with extensions such as AdBlock Plus, IE-Tab, WML Browser & Stylish. A lot can be customized in FF, including the amount of memory it will use. Check out this page for some tweaking tips:

*www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_8.html

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I was a fan of Opera. Feature-wise, opera is a rich browser. It has many high-utility features that even FF does not have. But accept the fact that it cannot render things as accurately as firefox does. Be it CSS or javascript.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Hi all, I knew there are loads of threads regarding which browser to use..But I have started this since my needs are more specific.. Here goes the story.

Long long back I was using Opera since it has the tab feature and also the feature to start the Opera from where it was left previously..But days went by and Opera started to act bizarre..Like, it started very slowly, frequent closure etc., I again searched threads here and switched over to FF.

FF was cool, but it eated my resource 110%..I am using 256 MB of RAM and FF eating my resource made my PC dead slow.. Also I use to open all the website I use in tabs and use it..One more problem was with Gmail. From Gmail and FF I get a error unresponsive script and kills my FF instantly and also I download loads and this error makes the download stop.

Again I searched here and switched over to Opera again. Again new problems.. Most of the secured website doesn't load, youtube or online videos doesn't work. Only thing is Opera is very resource friendly. But I can't compromise losing access to secured website and online videos.

Now I am again thinking of switching to FF. But in a dilemma.

Guys pls help me out.

Here are my needs.

1. UI shuld look gud.
2. Need to store usernames and passwords.
3. Resource friendly.
4. Need to access all website and online vids.
5. Stability.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

T i A

Have you tried Safari? Give it a try. You might just switch to it full time like me.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Not a problem trying it..downloadin now..wil post my feedback.

Last edited:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
But accept the fact that it cannot render things as accurately as firefox does. Be it CSS or javascript.

Opera is arguably the most standard compliant browser out there.
Problem's not with Opera, its the sites that optimize stuff for IE.

Still , 9.5Beta2 renders most sites better than the stable counterpart.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Downloaded Safari..got a setup file..installed it..but no Safari found..Got a app Apple software update, checked for updates, found Safari, installed it, opened it, took ages to open(already Opera opened, this might be the reason, closed it, worked).
Look and feel is good. Opened Gmail, the fonts and looks are great. Opened Sathyam cinemas, worked(doesn't work in Opera). Big relief.
Tried my bank website, Oops, the tabs are missing, tried again, same.(In opera the tabs are visible, but when clicked on tab, it shows please wait while page loads and takes ages and never loads).
My issue is stil not fixed by Safari, then why should I go for it.

Very sad krazzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom