Which Bank's Account should i open??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard_rock

Salieri Family
+1 for SBI and ICICI..
ICICI's net banking is awesome with lots of features. I dont know about SBI netbanking.

Even ICICI has Virtual credit card facility. Its called b2 banking.

shashank_re

In the zone
Dont worry about the number of ATMs.You can use any card in any ATM and they gonna charge only 20 bucks per transaction.
And its going to be free from next year April 1st.
I would suggest you to go for HDFC :)

vilas_patil

Journeyman
ICICI Bank's services are good. They may charge you for the services but .. net banking is free.. and it's the best...

keshavasiva

Banned
^^^ Everyone just post their opinion but keeping in mind of bankruptcy thingy.. I have my view... But @Sude hasn't made a decision yet rite? SBI or HDFC as 1) Widely known and many branches 2) SBI is purely govt and HDFC has a govt stake .. so u needn't worry of lifting up!! hehe.... Don't think that to be a rare thingy as suppose if it happens after 20yrs from now where you have some 4lacs! then wouldn't you mind?? ICICI -----1 cuz its purely private .. very less no of branches and their own atms! They have a good service but who.. cares... thats until one more bank going bankrupt U know there was GTB where it was prestigious to have bank account. But what happened .. same thingy applies to any private bank!! Take care..

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
friends..
its high time, i am thinking of opening an Bank Account (preferably a Savings Account)..
but i am confused which bank to go for..

the account i will be opening will remain for entire future use..
please suggest which bank's account should i open??
along with mention what facilities i will be getting..??

please describe in simple language.. as i am novice to this field..
i have visited bank's websites too, but as i couldnot understand the terms.. could not decide which bank to go for..

please help me friends. i need to create a website soon..

thnx in advance,,
SUDE
I don't see anyone asking this till now but it's important that what you want to open a bank account for? What you expect from it?
Certain banks provide lots of value added services but charge higher amount for it. So, if you have the resources and want convinience opt for them.
Then there are banks that give you better returns and great customer services and are comparatively cheaper but don't offer too many additional services.
And finally, there's banks who offer great security, lower returns, few value added services. But, they may have great customer relationship and savings offers which some may need.
So, the first step is to determine what do you expect from your bank. Then you will have to find which banks offer those. Then research as to which among the shortlisted ones offer the best services at an acceptable cost.
Also, I believe KYC and stuff requires some existing customer to introduce you to open a bank account.
So, determine what you want from the bank account then go further. It really isn't as complex as it sounds. And then if you could share with us as to what are your expectations then people can recommend a few banks and also some may put forth their experiences to help you out.

Some of the things you could consider before selecting a bank
1) Why do you want to open an account - saving, investment
2) What value added services do you expect from them - paying of monthly bills, mBanking, e-banking, bank assurance, ATM, etc
3) Convenience - you will just deal with the local branch and ATM or do you travel around a lot and expect the same bank to provide you the services whereever you travel.
4) Does the bank's performance, customer service, reputation instill enough confidence and trust in you to deal with them.

Last edited:

alter_ego

Who me??
If u still making up your mind, go for Kotak. Their Net Banking is awesome. I am also an ICICI account holder and I know the difference. More importantly service is very personal and they don't give you tokens for everything.:D Their personal bankers are also more informed than its competitiors.

They provide door step banking and it actually WORKS!!!

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I have citibank account but i feel its services are best. I have ICICI account too. But citibank services are good. Customer support is awesome. I have facility that i will withdrwal money from any other bank ATM without any service charge. I requested cheque book online and i got it within 2 days delievered to my home without any cost.

knight17

In the zone
If you are looking for buying products online I will say HDFC. They have a service called "NetSafe" where you can generate a Valid Internet ready Credit Card no.

Nowadays, every bank has a no-frills account, so you don't have to keep the minimum quaterly balance. In future for loans and related stuff, no one can beat PSUs.

keshavasiva said:
SBI is purely govt and HDFC has a govt stake .. so u needn't worry of lifting up!!

The government stakeholding is minority, so it doesn't matter.

anni

Broken In
SBI is worst bank in terms of service, as it is a GOVT bank, and in any govt office no body wants to work. If u wants to open new a/c in sbi they ppl always Discourage you, why u want to open why not in your area..... and it you change ur city they don't even transfer that a/c

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
SBI is worst bank in terms of service, as it is a GOVT bank, and in any govt office no body wants to work. If u wants to open new a/c in sbi they ppl always Discourage you, why u want to open why not in your area..... and it you change ur city they don't even transfer that a/c

Talking of the 1980s, are we.

knight17

In the zone
Every bank has its ups and downs.. Try just searching for :

1 . *www.google.co.in/search?q=ICICI+Sucks
2. *www.google.co.in/search?q=SBI+Sucks
3. *www.google.co.in/search?q=HDFC+Sucks

You will get plenty of results, everyone will behave badly to someone. Pray for making it someone else and not you ;p

shashank_re

In the zone
What you can understand from this thread is..All the banks are equally good.
Select the bank which has its branch/ATM closer to your place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom