Which Bank's Account should i open??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
friends..
its high time, i am thinking of opening an Bank Account (preferably a Savings Account)..
but i am confused which bank to go for..

the account i will be opening will remain for entire future use..
please suggest which bank's account should i open??
along with mention what facilities i will be getting..??

please describe in simple language.. as i am novice to this field..
i have visited bank's websites too, but as i couldnot understand the terms.. could not decide which bank to go for..

please help me friends. i need to create a website soon..

thnx in advance,,
SUDE

R2K

In the Zone
go for a bank which has lots of branches as well as ATM counters..

also look at other goodies which include facilities like internet banking credit card support etc..

din

Tribal Boy
Max branches all over India, max ATM - I think SBI

SBI has a nice internet banking interface as well. Quite good.

Thinking future - Public Sector Bank (less risks), lot of branches, lot of ATMs, Internet Banking, Payment gateway for many services, NEFT / Third party cash transfer facility and it even support Paypal withdrawals.

From my experience :

Opening an account with SBI - less than 1 hr.

Internet banking - Active within 24 hrs of application with all facilities.

My wife use her account for paypal withdrawals and it takes only 2 days for that.

Last edited:

karmanya

Journeyman
I have an SBI savings account(in my dad's name, cuz im only 16). Though, I chose it when I was 12, for the only reason that it has a branch right opposite my house.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
SBI is your best call , considering number of branches/ATM's.
But the customer service isnt so great.
Personally , i feel Citibank is much better in terms of service.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
+1 for ICICI.........it may have less no of branches and ATMs but it has more no. of ATMs in a city than any other banks..........in other words if in a city u want an ATM, u'll find ICICI having it in all impossible places u'venot even thought.........but they lack in village side(lack would be less I would say sux)..........yeah for future use........ICICI credit cards, DMAT all can be integrated with ur bank account..........u don't even need to visit ur bank......trust me...........

SBI is good..........its government oriented.........so.a bit of relief on mischievous activities..........but netbanking is still not improved........a lot of functions u still can't be executed through net.......

HDFC.....:mad::confused::cool:

These all r from my personal experience.............I hold savings/salary savings accounts from all three banks mentioned here:D

prasad_den

Padawan
One more vote for SBI and ICICI. Satisfied customer in both banks for the past 5 years..!! One disadvantage of ICICI is that the minimum quarterly balance has to be 10K..! That'll be difficult to some. Otherwise, service is good, and e-banking facility is excellent.
SBI on the other hand has a minimum balance of a paltry 500 if you opt to go without cheques and 1000 for with cheque.. E-banking though is not as good and developed as ICICI.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
ICICI rocks...they charge u for srvices..but beleive me no netbanking is as strong as ICICI..it roxxxxxxxxxx :D im using it for more than 4 years...HDFC totally suxxxx

ThinkFree

Technomancer
ICICI bank
KEEP average quarterly balance above Rs. 10000 and get access to any bank's ATM without any extra charge+ A large network of it's own ATMs, open 8AM-8PM six days a week
Else HDFC

shashank4u

Youngling
HDFC is far ahead when it comes to netbanking, their netsafe VCC rocks. Though there is 5K minimum balance.

Actually all banks are good, just search for a bank in your vicinity.

if you don't need online banking then SBI is good as they have lot of ATMS, people choice.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Let us know if you require a credit card and you want to ue it with PayPal. A credit card comes very handy when you need to make purchases(esp. software licenses). Also, in that case, debit cards/ATM cards are not accepted by Paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom