Which antivirus should i buy?

Jaskaran

Broken In
Hi all :)
I am new to this forum. As Digit is my favourite magzine, so i chose this forum.
And please sorry if i am posting in wrong section.
My question is-
Which antivirus is best to buy? Norton 360 6.0 or Kaspersky pure 2.0?
Also, will i need to install some other special anti-malware program along with like malwarebytes' to get 100% protection from malwares?
Thanks in advance.:wink:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Welcome to TDF :)

Firstly, do you really need a paid antivirus? Check out Avast & Microsoft Security essentials.

If you really need paid, then look at ESET Smat Security. Also, why do you need kasperksy pure? Simple KAV or KIS in more than enough.

Also have a look at this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/138653-antivirus-guide-user-reviews.html

Sujeet

Undead!!!
If Digit is your fav Mag then How Come You Missed this month's ISSUE."save.protect.recover.enhance"
It has A Detailed Review of ALL THE SECURITY SUITES available.
BTW for your info
Best Buy Gold-E Scan Internet Security @ 1136/-
Best Performer-Bull Guard Internet Security 12 @ 3375/-
Editor's Pick-Bit defender Total Security 2012 @ 2800/-

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
thanks for your replies everyone.

Ummmmm.....
Yeah, i want to use kaspersky pure cos i googled a lot about this topic and most sites say that it is best.
Also, Norton was also in side with it.
So i just wanted to confirm.
also, about eset, i used it as trial. Its good at cpu and ram usage, but i have had some things get past, including some very nasty rootkits, which were dected by Free Kaspersky Virus Removal tool!!! So i trust Kaspersky ,ore than that.l.:cool:

Also, dudes, take a look at THIS
And between i personally have not subscribed digit magzine. Its in my school's liberary.:lol: I read most editions but maybe i missed latest issue along with some other issues.

Thanks again for your infos.
Ill test eset and avast again along with kaspersky.:p

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Don't pay for any Anti Virus.
Just use Avast + Comodo Firewall + Sandboxie. (+ Malwarebytes + Hitman Pro if ur really paranoid about the security)

Full-proof Security without paying any paisa.
That's the set-up I am using for last 2 yrs. and never got infected.

SeenuGuddu

Broken In
Hi all :)
I am new to this forum. As Digit is my favourite magzine, so i chose this forum.
And please sorry if i am posting in wrong section.
My question is-
Which antivirus is best to buy? Norton 360 6.0 or Kaspersky pure 2.0?
Also, will i need to install some other special anti-malware program along with like malwarebytes' to get 100% protection from malwares?
Thanks in advance.:wink:
my option is KIS(Kaspersky Internet security)
dude, go for paid one unless you surf for miscellaneous things.

spending few bucks(300\-) in year , it doesn't matter and saves you a lot from many other things existing in this world.
i am using KIS(Kaspersky Internet security) from past 2 years and i am fine with that.

moltenskull

Journeyman
Hello,I have been using Norton Internet Security for the past 3 years(since 2009).It is very good,but take a look at this thread before going for it-

NIS2012 crashing with changes in firewall - Norton Community

It is very annoying.
Hope this helps,
Moltenskull.

swapyworld

Broken In
m using avast+comodo firewall+superantispyware
along with malwarebytes and trojen remover for scanning purpose only...!!!

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
Wow!!!
Thanks for replies.
A big help.
Overall, i see most of you voted kaspersky.
So ill purchase kaspersky pure.
But before that ill first try avast as most of you people suggest that too.
And by the way swapyworld, theres no need for so much. They'll only Interfere in other's functions.
And Rockstar11, i am thinking sorta same. But instead of KIS, i think ill use PURE.
Thanks for all your replies.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Now, Kaspersky vs. Avast vs. Bitdefender:lol:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Try Avg free,ad-aware 10 free or avast I would suggest don't buy any antivirus instead use one from what i have mentioned KAV will surely slows down you system and ask a use alot I use ad-aware 10 it is very light on system.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Wow!!!
Thanks for replies.
A big help.
Overall, i see most of you voted kaspersky.
So ill purchase kaspersky pure.
But before that ill first try avast as most of you people suggest that too.
And by the way swapyworld, theres no need for so much. They'll only Interfere in other's functions.
And Rockstar11, i am thinking sorta same. But instead of KIS, i think ill use PURE.
Thanks for all your replies.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Now, Kaspersky vs. Avast vs. Bitdefender:lol:

configure avast else it'll keep asking you dumb questions each time scan detects something.

Top Bottom