which 650ti boost edition to choose?

sksundram

In the zone
so i decided to buy this card but got confused as so many vendors have gtx 650ti 2gb boost edition to offer like asus,zotac,evga,gigabyte et al.

so help me choose the best card vendor which has the best cooling and oc option among them.

PS: any suggestion for any alternate card to go for in case 650ti boost is not so great (if any tdf member think so

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the only other brand I can suggest you is Zotac but you may try Gainward/Forsa like brands but get only those if you are satisfied with their A.S.S. ( do some research on this ) .. anyway, still I would say you to go for Asus GTX 650 Ti boost DCII Top.

Asus' DCUII cooler is very good and their service centers are also present in most locations. Zotac is also good and offers additional 3 years warranty (total 5 years) after product registration.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I wouldnt say ASUS's service is top notch but it's still satisfactory..
But Ive heard good things from Zotac also, (Aditya Infotech).. Its your choice, also i think Zotac is slightly cheaper ..

ashikns

ByTeS fLoWiNg ThRu VeIns!
Why doesn't anyone recommend the gigabyte edition available @ 11.35k on smcinternational?
Also check this out Saphire Radeon 7850 1 gb
Price is lower than most, but I don't know anything about the reputation of this site :(

OP
sksundram

sksundram

In the zone
@ashikns i checked and found that Radeon 7850 excels when compared to 650ti but the one you have mentioned has only 1GB VRAM. should i go with 2GB or 1GB. is there any performance difference?

Radeon HD 7850 vs GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost

ashikns

ByTeS fLoWiNg ThRu VeIns!
There is a difference in performance, however this is only visible at higher resolutions/high AA. Current games will run 1080p with medium AA, but the memory might make a bigger difference as the textures used in games get richer. Also, don't bother with the site I mentioned. Sapphire 7850 1 gb is available @ flipkart for 13.2k. And if you are on a low budget, go for the gigabyte 650 ti boost @ 11.3k from smcinternational. I dont know about service for gigabyte, but the card has good reviews.

Top Bottom