Which 60GB SSD

Broken In
I am looking for a 60GB SATA III 6 Gbps HDD. Confused between these:

OCZ 60GB AGILITY 3 SSD | eBay

Corsair 60GB Force Series 3 60 GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD | eBay

Please suggest which one should I buy.

Thanks.

Last edited:

rock2702

Padawan
Get corsair force 3 60gb,its fast plus rma if needed will be easier.Alternatively you can go for corsair force gt 60gb.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Go for corsair 3 60GB. Don get OCZ as they are on the verge of getting bankrupt so warranty may turn out to be an issue.
Just a word of advice though... try to get 120 GB one if possible as 60GB is too short for Windows 7 installation. After updating win 7 with all the latest patches there is hardly 15 gigs left for us to be used.

OP

Broken In
Get corsair force 3 60gb,its fast plus rma if needed will be easier.Alternatively you can go for corsair force gt 60gb.

Go for corsair 3 60GB. Don get OCZ as they are on the verge of getting bankrupt so warranty may turn out to be an issue.
Just a word of advice though... try to get 120 GB one if possible as 60GB is too short for Windows 7 installation. After updating win 7 with all the latest patches there is hardly 15 gigs left for us to be used.

Yes, I am also thinking about Corsair.

Also, it seems that 120/128GB is the better option. So, any suggestions about 120/128GB? Don't want to go for OCZ, even if their OCZ Vertex 4 is supposed to be amongst the better one SSds.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
For 120 GB you can go for Corsair Force 3 or Crucial.. Corsair being the VFM solution. I'm not sure about Crucial's warranty and service in India.

SSD drives | Corsair Force 3 120 GB SATA 3 SATA 6.0 SSD

Crucial 128GB m4 2.5 inch SATA 6GBs SSD

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
No warranty for Crucial, go for Vertex 4 if you can, your best bet (either m4/V4/830). And yeah, at least 120/128GB.

OP

Broken In
Thank you guys.

I read Corsair Force 3 has some issues. It gets very slow.

So Vertex 4 seems to be the best option with warranty even if I don't about their present support and future support.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
^^ hmmm... every SSD/HDD is bound to have complaints from users since no 2 physical components are exactly the same.
I would still strongly advice against OCZ though.

OP

Broken In
^^ Ufff. Ye What a confusion. :)

How is Kingston SSD Hyperx 3K 120GB? Getting it for 6k, sealed, without India warranty.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Isn't it SATA II (3.0Gbps)?
Yes SATA II has maximum theoretical trandfer rate of 3Gbps.
SATA III has 6Gbps.

Check:Corsair 120GB Force GT SSD -7k
Force3 performs close to ForceGT but the performance difference comes in incompressible data transfer where ForceGT should be significantly faster.As the price difference between the two is so less force GT makes more sense.
Crucial M4 and vertex4 perform quite well too.

OP

Broken In
Check:Corsair 120GB Force GT SSD -7k
Force3 performs close to ForceGT but the performance difference comes in incompressible data transfer where ForceGT should be significantly faster.As the price difference between the two is so less force GT makes more sense.
Crucial M4 and vertex4 perform quite well too.

Thanks.

Corsair 120GB Force GT SSD -7k is out of stock. Samsung is too expensive, I started with a budget for 60GB. :p

Finally, I bought a Kingston SSD Hyperx 3K 120GB for 6k.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Nice for you.Hyperx 3K is better than Samsung 840(not 840 Pro) in many aspects.Only thing is you don't have Indian warranty with it which might not matter at all.

Top Bottom