where to connect the cpu fans

utkarsh009

In the zone
I have the same motherboard as listed in my signature. I have on fan on the front side of cpu and one fan on back side of CPU. I have an NB_FAN connector and a SYS_FAN connector on my motherboard. Which fan should I connect in which port? Help fast!!!

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi as per my knowledge sys_fan will be backside mid say close to the rear fan. So no questions connect that. And front fan you could see one near the front panel connectors little above that. So it can be used for the front case fan.

Last edited:
OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
Actually my mobo has only 3 fan connectors in total. So I connected them as follows: front fan --> NB_FAN, back fan --> SYS_FAN and CPU fan --> CPU_FAN, and now the system is working fine. It was rebooting automatically and displaying that it had the problem due to OCing although I hadn't done any OCing so I thought maybe it had heating problem. Now that I've also connected my front fan to NB_FAN port, I think it should work fine. Cheers!!! :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's has nothing do with fans - just remove the Ram modules - Clear CMOS setting by removing the CMOS battery for 5 mins and put it back again - remount the ram modules again - your issue should be fixed ;-)

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
@topgear: Where do we have cmos battery on motherboard? Earlier when I had celeron, the same thing happened but it didn't show OCing problem. I took out the ram and cleaned it to remove moisture and the system started working fine!!!!!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you asking me to pull that out or does it have auto eject support??? ;-)
I'm telling you where the CMOS battery is. ;)

Method of taking it out can very a bit from motherboard to motherboard but one can easily figure that out. :p

Taking it out resets everything to default.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you can easily locate that on the mobo - it looks like a coin - use flathead screw driver to remove it ;-)

Top Bottom