When will people understand......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
some points...

For example while building a house you cant say i will build the first floor first and then lay the foundation. That is just retarded.

In the same way, first learn the CLI. That is the most powerful thing in Linux. CLI lays the foundation for Linux learning.

New users get attracted to Linux when they see all those fine things we can do with Beryl and Compiz . They dont want to learn anything in Linux, let alone how to work with the CLI, they just want their desktop to look attractive. That just pisses me off.
Without atleast some CLI how can a new user cope up with this "new" OS,assuming most are windows (ex)users.not everything cant be solved with gui(as yet).I have to agree with this.i already had a thread and poll somewhere in the forum reg this,may be we are older that's why feels like this!
Oh, just a couple of new recrutes who did not know squat about many of the CLI based commands, and here is the fun part they told me that they were certified. Do not know what certificaton they are talking about or who hired them, but they are a couple of dumbasses, that is for sure.
I know.i have attended RHCE coaching-I have to say this certificate is "all pass" in some centres esp a "Marian College Kottayam" & "IPSR" cochin.there are many things fishy..ahmm..:mad:
ls,mv,cp,rm=they shud no atleast this na?:roll:
Yes, there is plenty wrong with what they are doing. They are misleading the customers, by giving infirior OS such as Fedora and OpenSuse and say pay if you want a better OS and better support. Give us the Real Deal for free, Give us RHEL and Suse Enterprise for free, with unlimited updates and unlimited support 24/7.
^^^ this is something lotta people worldwide are discussing(calling as guinea pigs!).the question is why do RH spearheading Fedora if at all it is independent community distro :rolleyes:.but still fedora is teh first name many newcomers here!(indeed it is not that bad!)As of now,Ubuntu is going well.really,this distro is getting many ppl knows what Linux is.and not to forget RH/FC got good(if not as good as CLI!) guis for server/sysadministration(system-config-*).
Reg,the FOSS utopia world(which i too want!),Debian is the distro to stand.I admire DFSG and hope others knows too.
But Let it be straight-not all are from 1980's where computer's are for uber geeks-now ppl(non-g33ks) too sees PC as a entertainment,connectivity device with nice things to be comfortable with(read-eyecandy!).If Vista is offering Aero,why not Linux offer Compiz-fusion-let that bunch of users satisfied. :) ::peace::

cynosure

UbuntuUser
First of all mr abra....
You are nobody to teach me what culture to follow. I may follow american/egyptian/mali or any other culture that I wanna follow. People like you will be the last on my list to consult. :)

Like everybody else in the forum is saying, you have no valid points to back you up. Those crappy "I dont care", "I dont give a f**K" wont help you here. I dont understand how the hell are you a "something big" of Oracle? I wonder half the time of your meetings would be going into discussing about the OSes of other people and cussing them if they are not using slack and/or openBSD.

You have been using Lin for I dont know how many years, but in case of newbies, you cuss them. You are coming and vomiting in a public forum on how the hell those guys do not know lin but have got certification. I just wanna ask if you were a born genious. Were you that kinda guy who read the word linux and boom- designed a kernel better than linus himself. Everybody needs to start somewhere.
In one of your posts, you talked about how you would help anybody on anything. Why the hell are you making fun of those guys!! So much to respect you sir. :D

Since you are a 37 year old old man, you must be having a boy/girl. (Let's assume you have a boy) Make him sit in front of PC and start a linux console. Give him a book about lin and see if he can understand something. Now start the GUI, see if he has any adverse effect. Just take a look that his concepts are not weakened by using GUI. If so then please let me know. I will stop using it.:)

And yeah, you are a genious. You just proved it with the way you "cleared" our doubts. Just make sure that you get a ISO 9001 certificate tatooed on your forehead so that other "morons" can also see that and salute you whenever they can meet you.

Hell YEAH! This discussion is boring but fun.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
mediator said:
This is not jokes2000.com or stage for great INDIAN laughter challenge dear. U have come to a wrong place!! At 37 years of age u joke like a 73 yr old man suffering from alzheimers and sever constipation and whine like 3 yr old kid beaten by his 7 year old brother.......wise guy!!
mediator said:
Calm down man. Don't jump like someone inserted a burning cactus inside ur underwear. 37 is not an age to act like a teenager!!

mediator said:
U r wrong uncle, I don't call anybody idiot or make personal comments on him or force him to use fedora by hook or crook!! Getting pissed off becoz ur wife beat u with a broom? :oops:
mediator said:
Its nice to see somebody at the age of 37 posting comic stuff just when you need something entertaining and refreshing!! You can do more than that!! The training that u did in local circus is paying in full at the age of 37. So, Keep the flow coming n make us all laugh more n more!! :)
mediator u hav got good sense of humour dude seriously.:D
mediator said:
u can play with him if u r getting bored, coz if the mods wanted to close this thread, they wud have done it a long time back!! So consider this as a real chit-chat zone n have phun!! :)
that is wat i hav been doin with him, this guy is like a joker to me now. :D

abrakadabra said:
abrakadabra said:
Me and a bunch of my friends at work are having fun reading your idiotic posts. More fun than working.

i dont know abt ur friends , but my friends in this forum r having great fun at your post.... :D, best part i'm having great fun too. :D

Uncle had ur dinner. :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
come on folks, leave the chap alone. passing personal comments is not in the interest of anyone. plz refrain.

@abra... (big nick, man!!!) the cause of ur frustration is that some linux n00bs are boastin of certification when in reality they know li'l abt it and almost nothing of the command. why are you blaming the distros? why don't you point the finger at the institute that gave them the certification? why don't you write to them asking them to include slac and bsd in the curriculum? if some fools dunno how to use the cli and are working as admins then who's fault is it? the distro on which they learnt or the institute which taught and certified them? (and how dumba$$ must the tech and HR team be to recruit those idiots??!!!)

regarding, the free and paid versions from novell and red hat, can u plz temme where do fedora and opensuse lack? i'm not being sarcastic. i seriously wanna kno. coz i'm not a sys/network admin. so i dunno what perspective does an admin haf.

but i find one thing ridiculous, u want the enterprise version for free and also want unlimited 24x7 support? thats too much to ask for! certainly not justified. oracle will pay u for working on their "free" enterprise os, but who will help them fill their tummies? i think its completely fair to charge for support but as u said, they must provide a free download of the OS.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
infra_red_dude said:
regarding, the free and paid versions from novell and red hat, can u plz temme where do fedora and opensuse lack? i'm not being sarcastic. i seriously wanna kno. coz i'm not a sys/network admin. so i dunno what perspective does an admin haf.
they dont lack any were dude the only prob is they ask us to pay for support, that is the whole issue, and they say they r open source. And this guy wants it too be free.

OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
cynosure said:
First of all mr abra....
You are nobody to teach me what culture to follow. I may follow american/egyptian/mali or any other culture that I wanna follow. People like you will be the last on my list to consult. :)

Like everybody else in the forum is saying, you have no valid points to back you up. Those crappy "I dont care", "I dont give a f**K" wont help you here. I dont understand how the hell are you a "something big" of Oracle? I wonder half the time of your meetings would be going into discussing about the OSes of other people and cussing them if they are not using slack and/or openBSD.

You have been using Lin for I dont know how many years, but in case of newbies, you cuss them. You are coming and vomiting in a public forum on how the hell those guys do not know lin but have got certification. I just wanna ask if you were a born genious. Were you that kinda guy who read the word linux and boom- designed a kernel better than linus himself. Everybody needs to start somewhere.
In one of your posts, you talked about how you would help anybody on anything. Why the hell are you making fun of those guys!! So much to respect you sir. :D

Since you are a 37 year old old man, you must be having a boy/girl. (Let's assume you have a boy) Make him sit in front of PC and start a linux console. Give him a book about lin and see if he can understand something. Now start the GUI, see if he has any adverse effect. Just take a look that his concepts are not weakened by using GUI. If so then please let me know. I will stop using it.:)

And yeah, you are a genious. You just proved it with the way you "cleared" our doubts. Just make sure that you get a ISO 9001 certificate tatooed on your forehead so that other "morons" can also see that and salute you whenever they can meet you.

Hell YEAH! This discussion is boring but fun.
This has got to be the funniest post ever. I was LMAO.

Dude, i never knew making an innocent comment lile Fed-up-ra and SuSu and DumbIan will get so much heated responses. I love it. keep it up. You guys are so sensitive about this. There are still a couple of guys missing. Where is Eddy and QM. I would love to hear what they have to say.

Me and my pals are sitting here drinking beer, we are having great fun reading all your posts.

Ratings so far............

Sensible Posters

Infra Red Dude
mehulved
praka123
abrakadabra

Funnist Poster

cynosure

Village Idiots

vish786
mediator

mediator said:
This is not jokes2000.com or stage for great INDIAN laughter challenge dear. U have come to a wrong place!! At 37 years of age u joke like a 73 yr old man suffering from alzheimers and sever constipation and whine like 3 yr old kid beaten by his 7 year old brother.......wise guy!!
Yes this is not jokes2000.com. It is mediatorisadumbass.com.

mediator said:
Calm down man. Don't jump like someone inserted a burning cactus inside ur underwear. 37 is not an age to act like a teenager!!

You are never too old for anything my dear friend.

mediator said:
At the age of 37, you have quite an experience in everything! Well done!!

Well unlike you i do have a lot of expirience in Linux, if that is what you are talking about.

On the other hand you and your gay boyfriend
vish786 have a lot of free time on your hands. Why dont you both go suck each other off?

mediator said:
Getting pissed off becoz ur wife beat u with a broom? :oops:
Another wife joke. Dont you know any other insults mate.

mediator said:
You r wrong again. People r liking ur jokes and thats why ur attempts for gaining publicity are getting successful!!
Who is jokeing? I most certainly am not.

mediator said:
Its nice to see somebody at the age of 37 posting comic stuff just when you need something entertaining and refreshing!! You can do more than that!! The training that u did in local circus is paying in full at the age of 37.
Dont you remember that you were also present in the circus with me.

You were called BOZO the jackass who hijacked my thread by making idiotic remarks.

Just look at my replies to mehulved and Infra Red Dude, we did not agree with each other on many points but they did not attack me with retarded posts
, but you on the other hand have proven to be a certified jackass.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
LOL... now truth finally come out, u r not an 37 old guy, nor a system admin at oracle.

guys look at the comments he has made " its damn clear " another lamer or

jackass hiding his true identity :D only a moron teenager like abra can make

such foolish comments. and remember i said dont take things personal and u

did. ;)

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
:D :D

Dont you remember that you were also present in the circus with me.
So u do remember that u participated in the circus acts!! Good!! Eating cerelax at the age of 37? First telling your age and now such acknowledgement. You r so entertaining!!

Neways, yes I was present not with u, but in the audience row!! Your performance was great.....there too and still unparalleled here!! BRAVO!!

@Vish786 : What did I told u? :D Instead of whining about CLI/BSD/Gentoo, he has started giving certificates of his circus acts now!! :D

OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
vish786 said:
they dont lack any were dude the only prob is they ask us to pay for support, that is the whole issue, and they say they r open source. And this guy wants it too be free.
Oh man, finally that rusty old brain started working.

infra_red_dude said:
@abra... (big nick, man!!!) the cause of ur frustration is that some linux n00bs are boastin of certification when in reality they know li'l abt it and almost nothing of the command. why are you blaming the distros? why don't you point the finger at the institute that gave them the certification? why don't you write to them asking them to include slac and bsd in the curriculum? if some fools dunno how to use the cli and are working as admins then who's fault is it? the distro on which they learnt or the institute which taught and certified them?
No...No....No....No....No..... I am not blaming the distros at all. I am blaming the corprate guys who want to take the Linux i know and like the MS way.

infra_red_dude said:
(and how dumba$$ must the tech and HR team be to recruit those idiots??!!!)
Exactly what we were thinking.

infra_red_dude said:
infra_red_dude said:
but i find one thing ridiculous, u want the enterprise version for free and also want unlimited 24x7 support? thats too much to ask for! certainly not justified. oracle will pay u for working on their "free" enterprise os, but who will help them fill their tummies? i think its completely fair to charge for support but as u said, they must provide a free download of the OS.
I dont think it is too much to ask for 24/7 unlimited support. These communities can make money from other ways like selling Linux related [SIZE=-1]merchandise[/SIZE] on their website, the can [SIZE=-1]advertise on TV an on the Radio[/SIZE] that a company like Wipro or Oracle or any other big company is using such and such linux, then there is certification, i mean these things will certainly get them tons of publicity and a lot of money.

Fedora and OpenSuse suck for company use because they use these bleeding edge software that has only been around for 6-7 months. They are no good on mission critical servers.

On the other hand RHEL and Suse Enterprise are awsomely stable. That is why i want Red Hat and Suse to allow users to download the Enterprise version ISO for free and then if we want support we will get it from them. Although my company will be paying for the support what i dont like is that they are not being True Open Source which sucks.

rocket357

Security freak
I'm not taking sides on this, per se, but I can definitely understand abra's frustration. I'm a lot like abra...I've worked hard my entire life to gain the knowledge required to make a Linux system stand up and sing...and I've done well.

So when some mop-headed kid comes along and flashes some dingbat cert that they got for attending class for 5 days because they learned how to "administer" a Linux/BSD machine through the GUI, I'm not impressed. If I can tell them to run this as root:

Code:
# NOHUP cd/; rm -rf * > /dev/null 2>&1
and they don't immediately laugh, then something is obviously wrong (p.s. - unless you feel like losing everything and reinstalling your system DO NOT RUN THAT COMMAND).

Just my thoughts...

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@abra, hello sir, u telling the same points which i said to u earlier... the only thing ur doing is adding " not " to them and replyin to infra_red, dont u hav ur own brains, to frame sentences and arguments. ? :)

seriously dude to suck badly now. :D

OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
mediator said:
:D :D
So u do remember that u participated in the circus acts!! Good!! Eating cerelax at the age of 37? First telling your age and now such acknowledgement. You r so entertaining!!
You are the expert in these things. You were the one that taught me this.

mediator said:
Neways, yes I was present not with u, but in the audience row!! Your performance was great.....there too and still unparalleled here!! BRAVO!!
Yes you were in the audience allright, in a monkey suit selling peanuts and sweeping the floor full of shat.

mediator said:
@Vish786 : What did I told u? :D Instead of whining about CLI/BSD/Gentoo, he has started giving certificates of his circus acts now!! :D

What are you talking about, you are the one taking this thread offtopic. We were doing fine before you arrived.

OK enough fooling around, mediator if you want to talk about serious stuff like Linux and Free Support then say it, if not fly like a bird and shoo.

vish786 said:
@abra, hello sir, u telling the same points which i said to u earlier... the only thing ur doing is adding " not " to them and replyin to infra_red, dont u hav ur own brains, to frame sentences and arguments. ? :)

Dude how many times do i have to tell you this, putting a smiley after posting an insult does not make you look like you were joking. Alright.

vish786 said:
seriously dude to suck badly now. :D
Learn some fricking english and grammer dude. What the hell are you trying to say.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Yes you were in the audience allright, in a monkey suit selling peanuts and sweeping the floor full of shat.
Sorry dear, may be at age of 37 ur eyes went myopic. But atleast u remember ur reflection well in the mirror chamber that u were put in, which reflected from inside and see thru from audience side and I must say u described urself and ur activity pretty well! M impressed! :)

What are you talking about, you are the one taking this thread offtopic. We were doing fine before you arrived.

OK enough fooling around, mediator if you want to talk about serious stuff like Linux and Free Support then say it, if not fly like a bird and shoo.
Don't whine, lets play more! Not liking the game u started now? So demoralising! Did u forget that ur non-paying job is a 24/7 job! So keep this thread alive, it might become a sticky! :D

Entertain me more!

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@abra, ur just giving lame excuses for my replies and regarding smileys either u dont know how to use them.

what boring stuff is this.

Last edited:
OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
mediator said:
Sorry dear, may be at age of 37 ur eyes went myopic. But atleast u remember ur reflection well in the mirror chamber that u were put in, which reflected from inside and see thru from audience side and I must say u described urself and ur activity pretty well! M impressed! :)
Wow you really need a lobotomy.

mediator said:
Don't whine, lets play more! Not liking the game u started now? So demoralising!

I did not start the flame war. You did.

mediator said:
Did u forget that ur non-paying job is a 24/7 job! So keep this thread alive, it might become a sticky! :D
Well kids like you and vish, will end up on the streets like beggers or become a male gigolo. Hey at least it pays. Right.

vish786 said:
@abra, ur just giving lame excuses for my replies
Lame replies for lame posts. You should know that. You are the lamest person in this forum.

At least mediator tried to insult me, you are just kissing his behind like you kissed mehulved behind in the afternoon.

vish786 said:
what boring stuff is this.
Yes, this discussion is getting a tad boring.

vish786 said:
and regarding smileys either u dont know how to use them.

To answer your post of me not knowing to post smilies, see my first post, i used a smiley there. I dont use smilis everytime i make apost. That is retarded.

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
rocket357 said:
I'm not taking sides on this, per se, but I can definitely understand abra's frustration. I'm a lot like abra...I've worked hard my entire life to gain the knowledge required to make a Linux system stand up and sing...and I've done well.

So when some mop-headed kid comes along and flashes some dingbat cert that they got for attending class for 5 days because they learned how to "administer" a Linux/BSD machine through the GUI, I'm not impressed. If I can tell them to run this as root:

Code:
# NOHUP cd/; rm -rf * > /dev/null 2>&1
and they don't immediately laugh, then something is obviously wrong (p.s. - unless you feel like losing everything and reinstalling your system DO NOT RUN THAT COMMAND).

Just my thoughts...

i ran this on my collge sever, everything gone:D
good now HOD is yelling at our sys admin:p

mediator

Technomancer
Well kids like you and vish, will end up on the streets like beggers or become a male gigolo. Hey at least it pays unlike my non paying job. Right.
Your job experiences are quite versatile! :oops:

Neways I must appreciaste ur confession guts! *www.smileyhut.com/working/coffee1.gif

OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
mediator said:
Your job experiences are quite versatile! :oops:

Neways I must appreciaste ur confession guts! *www.smileyhut.com/working/coffee1.gif

It is good thing that you finally came out of the closet,mate that was very brave of you.

How is the hooking and prostituting yourself going. How is vish, he was your one and only customer.

Maybe you wouldn't act like such a pathetic loser if you weren't afflicted with mental retardation.

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
All the user are advised to stay on topic

no personal comments will be admired..

@abrakadabra : check your langauge.. try not to use this kind of words.. and this is not fight club..

thread will be locked if if this carries on..

Last edited:
OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
I think it is best to lock the topic or delete this thread.
No good can come of it.
Except for the first page all the other posts are retarded.
Lock It or delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom