When will people understand......................

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
My My arn't we all a little touchy here. HUH.

vish786 said:
i'm little more drunk now... so be prepared.

Bring it on.

Lets get ready to Rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............

vish786 said:
first things first plz dont take any sort of arguments for personal, since ur a new guy(most of the members do that is why)
Awwww, come on. This is the forums.

I mean arguying on the forums is like running in the special olympics. Everybody wins.

I know we will get along very well if we met in person.

vish786 said:
and dont change the contents ones posted.... for better understand.
You guys reply very quickly. I just wanted to edit out a few of my comments.

vish786 said:
ok i'm ready for it... but theirs something which makes me think ur lying.
Really. Do you think i give a cr@p about what you think.

vish786 said:
what re do u expect me to explain this also... okay they r used for better understandin for the reader.

Sarcasm, my dear friend. Look it up in the dictionary mate.

vish786 said:
u urself said dont be a fanboy... and i can see complete fanboyism in u. First practice before u preach.
How am i a fanboy. I like all OS, be it MS or Linux. I just hate the way they do their business.

I will give you an example of fanboyism. One of my friends hates MS and loves Linux to death. He hates MS so much that even if MS came up with a vaccine that could cure AIDS he will rather die that use that medication. Now that my friend is fanboism

vish786 said:
now ur coming to the point. Beta version r not with full faults. they have latest packages for upgradin.... and the RHEL has the stable versions of same packages and SLED will be a bit more 'behind' in an attempt to be more stable which will be older and sometimes very old like it could be worse. It could be like Debian. "Party like it's 1996.
SLES = Enterprise server, is for businesses who need 24/7 support and a unified platform.

RHEL, SLES/SLED whatever, Paid support,Not True Open Source.
Therefore sucks.
Fedora, OpenSuse, beta testing releases for gullible Linux users
Therefore sucks.

vish786 said:
(elaboratin a little)........... more or less. You can use opensuse for servers and everything else. But you won't get 24/7 support and so may not want to use it for critical applications.
The only real difference is that openSUSE often ships with more "bleeding edge" software and you get no support (If you have the skill to maintain it yourself all the time, this is a non-issue).... and openSUSE only get's security updates only for two years after release, where for SLE it's five years. Which is "sorta" non-issue as the upgrades are constantly free.
they have different levels of support for different businesses in size and need.
and when SLED screws up you can get on the phone to Novell and scream at someone.
secondly and when your SLED version of OpenOffice.org has a bug or you have an urgent feature request, ~15 Novell Engineers are solving it for you in some days, if you are a big client that is :)
well, I don't think that's exclusive to Novell... the bigger and louder you are, the more notice gets taken of you, but of all Gnu/Linux distributions, only Novell has the number of Oo_O developers that allows to do that.

I dont care. Open Source means free. And that incluses everything. You just cant put a cost on an OS and say you are paying for support. That just defeats the purpose of Open Source. These organizations are no better than MS in this case.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
by me said:
(elaboratin a little)........... more or less. You can use opensuse for servers and everything else. But you won't get 24/7 support and so may not want to use it for critical applications.
The only real difference is that openSUSE often ships with more "bleeding edge" software and you get no support (If you have the skill to maintain it yourself all the time, this is a non-issue).... and openSUSE only get's security updates only for two years after release, where for SLE it's five years. Which is "sorta" non-issue as the upgrades are constantly free.
they have different levels of support for different businesses in size and need.
and when SLED screws up you can get on the phone to Novell and scream at someone.
secondly and when your SLED version of OpenOffice.org has a bug or you have an urgent feature request, ~15 Novell Engineers are solving it for you in some days, if you are a big client that is :smile:
well, I don't think that's exclusive to Novell... the bigger and louder you are, the more notice gets taken of you, but of all Gnu/Linux distributions, only Novell has the number of Oo_O developers that allows to do that.
abrakadabra said:

I dont care. Open Source means free. And that incluses everything. You just cant put a cost on an OS and say you are paying for support. That just defeats the purpose of Open Source. These organizations are no better than MS in this case.

U dont care.... what an attitude u hav, since it was u who wrote the first post... the things wat i said above were very important while considering such organisations which give support and r always ready for u, if u really dont want the support then use the OS which is free provided by the same company like opensuse. Even they will do the job which can be done using the paid ones.

OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
cynosure said:

Why exactly is this guy acting like an @#$@#%? NObody starts from TOP, "morons" like me who had no prior knowledge could not start by using slackware or freeBSD!! I would have returned to windows. It was this GUI of Ubuntu and excellent support that made be trash windows.

Author might be that lousy @!#$@#$ who started using linux 10 years ago when there was no GUI. Today, starting from CLI is a tough job. Using gentoo or slackware will only send an intrested guy back to windows.
Am I wrong? NO I dont think so.

Young men like you should not use such filth language. It is not the Indian culture.

If Infra Red Dude and Vish could explain in a cool and calm way, why cant you?

Chillax, Take a Chill Pill,

Or whatever the cool language is nowadays.

cynosure said:
Wah!! Kya baat kahi. Mazaa aa gaya. I was enlightened by the knowledge of this dude. Thanks man, and I thought everything is perfect, and the safest bet is Windows. Gosh!! Trash Lin, I am back to windows. :mad:
What the hell are you talking about.
And who said anything about Windows being the safest. HUH. I think i mentioned using Anti this and Anti that stuff in Windows.

Have you been following the thread, mate.

Now take a pair of clean cloth, put some water on the cloth, take out your
[SIZE=-1]spectacles[/SIZE] and wipe the glasses. Put on your glasses.

Simple isin't it.

Read the whole thread again.

vish786 said:
U dont care.... what an attitude u hav, since it was u who wrote the first post... the things wat i said above were very important while considering such organisations which give support and r always ready for u, if u really dont want the support then use the OS which is free provided by the same company like opensuse. Even they will do the job which can be done using the paid ones.
Dont tell me to use OpenSuse. How many times do i have to tell you that it is just beta testing version for the real deal the SuSe Enterprise version.

I dont like Bleeding Edge beta releases like OpenSuse to run on Mission Critical servers in our company.

All i am saying is that everything should be free in Open Source, Free OS, Free Software, Free Updates and Free Support.

OK, i am done. See ya.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
abrakadabra said:
All i am saying is that everything should be free in Open Source, Free OS, Free Software, Free Updates and Free Support.
thats the problem! nothing in this world is free and perfect. if something is free then its not perfect, if something is perfect then its not free ;) everything has some or the other string attached to it :)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
abrakadabra said:
Really. Do you think i give a cr@p about what you think.
neither do i abt u. ;)

How am i a fanboy. I like all OS, be it MS or Linux. I just hate the way they do their business.

I will give you an example of fanboyism. One of my friends hates MS and loves Linux to death. He hates MS so much that even if MS came up with a vaccine that could cure AIDS he will rather die that use that medication. Now that my friend is fanboism
:D... this story reminds me of my KG teachers. :D

RHEL, SLES/SLED whatever, Paid support,Not True Open Source.
Therefore sucks.
Fedora, OpenSuse, beta testing releases for gullible Linux users
Therefore sucks.
for u everything sucks... no comments.;)

Since u told u r an Sys Admin of great company Oracle..... how much of truth beholds in that. A Sys Admin of such company never has that attitude " I Dont Care " and sys admin never excepts what your expecting from other organization.
Dont tell me to use OpenSuse. How many times do i have to tell you that it is just beta testing version for the real deal the SuSe Enterprise version.
I know better then u do that its a beta version.... but they also release a final test version which is free... now tell me Doesnt beta version work properly. ;) if u dont want to pay them a penny.
I dont like Bleeding Edge beta releases like OpenSuse to run on Mission Critical servers in our company.
see again the " I " factor comes into pic, but others.... most of them do like it. Just ask others opinion you will come to know.

u cannot expect a community people to stand by u for 24/7 to be ready for you whenever u make a call for support if u dont pay to them. If u where in their position u would hardly ever think about it, if it was free of cost.

forget about the calls... have you Ever helped a soul by goin to irc channels helping people 24/7 for free of cost ?? No, then forget about the rest what you said.
OK, i am done. See ya.
:D... A run away attitude of an " Oracle's System Administrator " ROFL . :D

OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
vish786 said:
I know better then u do that its a beta version.... but they also release a final test version which is free... now tell me Doesnt beta version work properly. ;) if u dont want to pay them a penny.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my,

How you have been brainwashed. Tsk, Tsk.

For the Last time.

OpenSuse - Yes they have a beta version and they release a stable version every 6-7 months. Now this stable version of OpenSuse is what i am calling a beta version that is released so that gullible Linux users can use it. OK.

I called it a beta version because whatever good things are there in this version goes to the the Real Deal Stable release which is the Suse Enterprise.

OK. If you are too dumb to get that i cant help you.

vish786 said:
u cannot expect a community people to stand by u for 24/7 to be ready for you whenever u make a call for support if u dont pay to them. If u where in their position u would hardly ever think about it, if it was free of cost.
Was it not the dream of Richard Stallman and the Free Software Foundation, GNU for software to be free.

The corprate companies found a loophole. They said,

"Hey why dont we charge for support and say OS is free but you have to buy the OS to get support"

To this someone said,

"But what about Richard Stallman and his dream",

to this the corporates said,

"FU Richard Stallman here give then a beta version of the software for our gullible users and ram them from behind".

vish786 said:
forget about the calls... have you Ever helped a soul by goin to irc channels helping people 24/7 for free of cost ?? No, then forget about the rest what you said.

I am not a SuperHero. It anyone asks for my help i will gladly help them.

vish786 said:
Since u told u r an Sys Admin of great company Oracle..... how much of truth beholds in that. A Sys Admin of such company never has that attitude " I Dont Care " and sys admin never excepts what your expecting from other organization.
How long do you want this to go on. I also do something called working you know.

Tell you what, shall we continue this say tonight at 9.P.M. We can argue back and forth all night.

vish786 said:
:D... A run away attitude of an " Oracle's System Administrator " ROFL . :D

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

praka123

left this forum longback
do spare Debian. ;) it allows both stable(Etch) and latest software(apt-pinned lenny+sid+exp).not everyone will be happy with fulltime CLI :p

vish786

"The Gentleman"
:D u were done ??
abrakadabra said:

OpenSuse - Yes they have a beta version and they release a stable version every 6-7 months. Now this stable version of OpenSuse is what i am calling a beta version that is released so that gullible Linux users can use it. OK.
whats wrong with u... ur calling the stable version as beta version. Those companies r charging for support and fixes / bugs while ur using it.

Was it not the dream of Richard Stallman and the Free Software Foundation, GNU for software to be free.

The corprate companies found a loophole. They said,

"Hey why dont we charge for support and say OS is free but you have to buy the OS to get support"

To this someone said,

"But what about Richard Stallman and his dream",

to this the corporates said,

"FU Richard Stallman here give then a beta version of the software for our gullible users and ram them from behind".
thats also correct some companies r doin it. agree with u.
How long do you want this to go on. I also do something called working you know.
do u seriously want to stop it. ok this is my last post. :p
Tell you what, shall we continue this say tonight at 9.P.M. We can argue back and forth all night.
i also do something called as work you know.... and the internet connection also is pretty low here.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I don't see what's wrong in earning money from linux or any FLOSS? As long it doesn't lead to cripplewares it's fine enough for me atleast.
And I fail to see what's wrong with OpenSUSE or Fedora. Why can't they give out cutting edge testing version to people who want it. Those who use it should understand what they're getting, if they don't it's their fault. And most of those who understand do so as to have better/stable software. Thus, they use these distros.
And what's wrong with not learning everything inside out. Not everyone has time and inclination to learn everything inside out. So, what if some people want to make things easier for them?
And say what you like something need GUI, CLI just cannot do there. The best way to remember something is by visualising it. Then what about people using CAD/CAM, making movies? You want them to do so on CLI?
And with compiz and 3D coming in, we are opening up new vistas for applying advanced graphical ability to better uses.
There are people who'd like to use good quality software. Also, those who can't pay and wouldn't like to take illegal route. And they need not learn all the things, they can even help out the community by filing but reports, documentation and such.

mediator

Technomancer
If you want to get a real taste of Linux try Slackware. Or go the Unix way try Free BSD. This way at least you guys will learn that there is a CLI in Linux/Unix.
U mean there is no CLI in fedora, 'dead rat', 'dumbian', 'susu' etc?

Only wannabe Linux users use disros like Fedora, Ubuntu, Suse...... and the like. Because they think Linux is cool. These morons don't know 2 cents about Linux they just want eye candy like a freaking Transparent Panels and GUI Applications
These are not True Open Source GNU linux. Well except for DumbIan but it still sucks because of GUI.
You look so confused!

What is Open Source , it means Free as in Freedom of Speech and NOT Free as in Free Beer. There should be no catch, like Dead Rat sells its Enterprise version for a cost and they say they are only charging for support. Liers. Why dont they just let us download the ISO for free i dont need their fricking support, i know Linux, i have been using it for years. This is just like MS stratagy. Yeah we can install Dead Rat on any amount of systems unlike Windows, BIG DEAL, it still defeats the purpose of Open Source. FU Dead Rat.
Open source doesn't mean free and free doesn't mean open source. If the terms meant same, then what was the need to term it as "Free and open source software"? Please read from the starting line and tell what you read! Likewise there exist closed source applications/programs for 'windblows' too, but completely free to download!!

When will people understand that Linux and Unix strong point is, that its CLI based. It has a powerful Command Line interface, unlike Windows which has crappy DOS. Everything that can be done in the idiotic GUI can be done through the Command Line in Linux and way better. Much better. Much Much Better. Developers of Beryl, Compiz, Gnome, KDE, XFCE and what not should burn in hell for destroying Linux and its good name.
Why don't let that people decide themsleves? While the western toilet holds comfort of sitting, the water still bounces back in it and touches your a$$ and sometimes you have to make extra efforts there to relieve you, while INDIAN types are more hygenic and free flowing in that regard!! Let the people decide which one to use!!

And before i end this rant i have to say something to the Microsoft Windows Haters and the Linux/Unix haters (you know who you are). You haters or fanboys who claim that and this and that OS sucks should back it up with some freaking reason, otherwise no one will take you seriously. Just by saying hey man this program wont install, Windows sucks man or i just got infected with spyware and a virus Microsoft sucks dude wont do. Use some common sense, use an antivirus and an anti spyware. There are lots of free anti this and anti that stuff available on the net.
I see so we shud use anti-virus!! Hmmm!!

In the company i work in there are plenty of people there who use a variety of OS. Some use Linux and Some use Windows and some use Mac. Use an OS which is better suited to you.
Why whine about CLI then? Let them decide whether to use CLI or not, Beryl or not!!

And telling me i suck and putting a Big Grin smiley, makes you a jackass my dear friend.
Kissing the Mods behind, are we?
I also hate Gnome, KDE, and XFCE and other window environments, eye candy, and GUI Appz.
These are not True Open Source GNU linux. Well except for DumbIan but it still sucks because of GUI.
SuSe sucks for the same reason Red Hat sucks. We have to pay for SLED.
Use something else then! What r u, a BSD/Gentoo fanboy?

Any OS that has a paid version for support and and treat the free version as beta testing for gullible Linux users sucks.

They are not True Open Source.
Free doesn't necessarly means opern source dear!

I guess i am an Angry 37 Year Old Man. HUH.
......Who had a terrible beating by his wife and came here to cry? :shock:

Oh, just a couple of new recrutes who did not know squat about many of the CLI based commands, and here is the fun part they told me that they were certified. Do not know what certificaton they are talking about or who hired them, but they are a couple of dumbasses, that is for sure.
Born geniuses, kind and benevolent guys like u r rare sir!! You shud understand that u r the CHOSEN ONE!!

True Open Source is Just a bunch of enthusiastic developers developing an OS. Free support from the community like forums like these. No paying for anything. No catch. Free as Speech in a Democracy and not free as in buy a Burger and get a Beer free. That is just retarded.
U mean Ubuntu? But u hate that as well!!

So, "tsk tsk", The primary source of your rants is your confusion! Don't whine, let the peace prevail!! :)

OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
vish786 said:
:D... this story reminds me of my KG teachers. :D

Why am i not surprised. You act like an infant. Asking the same thing again and again.

vish786 said:
:D u were done ??

Apparently not.

vish786 said:
whats wrong with u... ur calling the stable version as beta version.
There is nothing wrong with me, though i cannot say the same thing about you. Re-Read my previous posts.

vish786 said:
Those companies r charging for support and fixes / bugs while ur using it.

I want them to do it for free. This is Open Source. They should not charge for anything. Everything should be free.

vish786 said:
thats also correct some companies r doin it. agree with u.
You disagree with me on one post and agree with me on the second post. Make up your mind. Both say the same things in diffrent ways.

vish786 said:
do u seriously want to stop it. ok this is my last post. :p
If you wnat to continue just rub the magic lamp and say....

abrakadabra

I will appear before you, or we can just continue this debate tomorrow.

Same ThinkDigit Time

Same ThinkDigit Channel

Be there, or be square.........what say?

praka123 said:
do spare Debian. ;) it allows both stable(Etch) and latest software(apt-pinned lenny+sid+exp).not everyone will be happy with fulltime CLI :p
Let the force be with you, dear Debian user.

mehulved said:
I don't see what's wrong in earning money from linux or any FLOSS?
There is nothing wrong in earning money from linux.

Certifications are a good way of earning/raising money in/for Linux development.

mehulved said:
And I fail to see what's wrong with OpenSUSE or Fedora. Why can't they give out cutting edge testing version to people who want it. Those who use it should understand what they're getting, if they don't it's their fault. And most of those who understand do so as to have better/stable software. Thus, they use these distros.
Yes, there is plenty wrong with what they are doing. They are misleading the customers, by giving infirior OS such as Fedora and OpenSuse and say pay if you want a better OS and better support. Give us the Real Deal for free, Give us RHEL and Suse Enterprise for free, with unlimited updates and unlimited support 24/7.

mehulved said:
And what's wrong with not learning everything inside out. Not everyone has time and inclination to learn everything inside out. So, what if some people want to make things easier for them?
The problem is, it is dumbifying (is that even a word) the Linux i know. Have you seen how Dumb the Ubuntu Live CD is. Good Fricking God. And i still see people in the ubuntuforums asking how to install Ubuntu.

My point is no matter how easy Linux becomes there will still be some people that will not know how to do this and that in Linux.

Before you know it Linux will be so dumbified (is that even a word) that it will be like Windows. Things popping up to say, hey do you want to shat in that folder or this folder. Useless annoying yellow popups.

mehulved said:
And say what you like something need GUI, CLI just cannot do there. The best way to remember something is by visualising it. Then what about people using CAD/CAM, making movies? You want them to do so on CLI?
Well........, i have to think about that.

mehulved said:
And with compiz and 3D coming in, we are opening up new vistas for applying advanced graphical ability to better uses.
What is with this graphics craze. I thought Linux was a serious OS, not a showpiece equipment.

Hey look how attractive my Desktop looks, or

Hey look how shiny these Icons are, or

Hey look Transparent Panels.

mehulved said:
There are people who'd like to use good quality software. Also, those who can't pay and wouldn't like to take illegal route.
Isn't Windows free in India.

Seriously, who does not like stable good quality software.

I dont like piracy and i dont support it, but when new users turn to Linux for help, at least learn some basic commands. That is not asking much.

mehulved said:
And they need not learn all the things, they can even help out the community by filing but reports, documentation and such.
We can do that, without the corprate clowns.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
u told u hav work, and again ur postin... looks like ur jobless. :D

keep shoutin nobody's gonna listen.

but do read my signature ones.

& stop ranting.

OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
mediator said:
U mean there is no CLI in fedora, 'dead rat', 'dumbian', 'susu' etc?
Who said that. Re-Read my posts.

mediator said:
You look so confused!
Really, Oh do help me out, kind sir. Show me the way, lead me to the light.

mediator said:
Open source doesn't mean free and free doesn't mean open source. If the terms meant same, then what was the need to term it as "Free and open source software"? Please read from the starting line and tell what you read! Likewise there exist closed source applications/programs for 'windblows' too, but completely free to download!!
I have read it before. I know what i am talking about. Why dont you read it again my dear friend.

mediator said:
I see so we shud use anti-virus!! Hmmm!!
No kiddin' Einstein.

mediator said:
Why whine about CLI then? Let them decide whether to use CLI or not, Beryl or not!!
Of course. Let the Idiots roam free.

mediator said:
Use something else then! What r u, a BSD/Gentoo fanboy?
This coming from a Fedora fanboy. The irony.

mediator said:
Free doesn't necessarly means opern source dear!

You are terribly mistaken my dear friend.

mediator said:
......Who had a terrible beating by his wife and came here to cry? :shock:
It is better than beating yourself and crying to sleep in a Dark room, which you do everyday my dear.

mediator said:
Born geniuses, kind and benevolent guys like u r rare sir!! You shud understand that u r the CHOSEN ONE!!

Glad you came around finally.

mediator said:
U mean Ubuntu? But u hate that as well!!
Yes, because it is a dumbified OS.

mediator said:
So, "tsk tsk", The primary source of your rants is your confusion! Don't whine, let the peace prevail!! :)
Rest In Peace my dear friend.

vish786 said:
u told u hav work, and again ur postin... looks like ur jobless. :D

Oh Noes, i posted 'gen. wot M i gna do.

You are posting too. You said you were at work too. So what does that say about you. Does that mean you are jobless too.

Me and a bunch of my friends at work are having fun reading your idiotic posts. More fun than working.

vish786 said:

& stop ranting.
Why are people replying then. I know why, because unlike you i am making a valid point. OK dear.

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@mediator, this discussion is getting boring coz this guy is repeating same stuff like saurav, WTH!!! :oops:

mediator

Technomancer
abra said:
What is Open Source , it means Free as in Freedom of Speech and NOT Free as in Free Beer. There should be no catch, like Dead Rat sells its Enterprise version for a cost and they say they are only charging for support. Liers. Why dont they just let us download the ISO for free i dont need their fricking support, i know Linux, i have been using it for years. This is just like MS stratagy. Yeah we can install Dead Rat on any amount of systems unlike Windows, BIG DEAL, it still defeats the purpose of Open Source. FU Dead Rat.
abra said:
I have read it before. I know what i am talking about. Why dont you read it again my dear friend.
This is not jokes2000.com or stage for great INDIAN laughter challenge dear. U have come to a wrong place!! At 37 years of age u joke like a 73 yr old man suffering from alzheimers and sever constipation and whine like 3 yr old kid beaten by his 7 year old brother.......wise guy!!

Really, Oh do help me out, kind sir. Show me the way, lead me to the light.
No kiddin' Einstein.
You are terribly mistaken my dear friend.
Yes, because it is a dumbified OS.
Calm down man. Don't jump like someone inserted a burning cactus inside ur underwear. 37 is not an age to act like a teenager!!

It is better than beating yourself and crying to sleep in a Dark room, which you do everyday my dear.
At the age of 37, you have quite an experience in everything! Well done!!

mediator said:
Of course. Let the Idiots roam free.
We can surely see that! But it becomes horrible when u acknowledge that their age is 37!!

This coming from a Fedora fanboy. The irony.
U r wrong uncle, I don't call anybody idiot or make personal comments on him or force him to use fedora by hook or crook!! Getting pissed off becoz ur wife beat u with a broom? :oops:

vish786 said:

& stop ranting.
Why are people replying then. I know why, because unlike you i am making a valid point. OK dear.
You r wrong again. People r liking ur jokes and thats why ur attempts for gaining publicity are getting successful!! Yea sumtimes they get bored when u repeat ur little jokes!!

Its nice to see somebody at the age of 37 posting comic stuff just when you need something entertaining and refreshing!! You can do more than that!! The training that u did in local circus is paying in full at the age of 37. So, Keep the flow coming n make us all laugh more n more!! :)

vish786 said:
@mediator, this discussion is getting boring coz this guy is repeating same stuff like saurav, WTH!!!
He just wants publicity. Let him have it, if thats what makes him happy! ;)
Besides, u can play with him if u r getting bored, coz if the mods wanted to close this thread, they wud have done it a long time back!! So consider this as a real chit-chat zone n have phun!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom