What's the best I can get for 6k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I know this's been asked a zillion times, so i changed the title.

Need some help out for selecting the best budget multimedia phone as of today.

A friend of mine got about 6k for a phone and wants to use it wisely.
So i thought of my friend's @ DIGIT who could hint me into the most happening things in the geeky world...

I prioretized his demands and found these things needed in order of priority:
1. Camera
2. Reception quality
3. SMS-friendly (keypad feel)
4. Size (small) & sturdiness (drops a lot)
5. Bluetooth
6. Music/MP3/other Features?

Can u give me a helpin hand as to which phone best fits the bill with these priorities? 6k +or- 500/-

I know u guyz'll be bored to death hearin this sorta question, but come on... phones tend to change everyday, new rates,new models, i need the most recent reviews... on the latest in the business...

Me knows of higher end ones... but the lower-end ones in this price range are more tricky to select... Is there any phone with 1.3mpx cam in this range?

Last edited:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
i got to buy a mobile for my dad, since prev went bad,
so need it urgently for 6k ..

but found no mobile with BlueTooth & FM Radio in 6k :mad:

Strange ..

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
L6 has bluetooth but does not have FM-Radio.

Sony Ericsson Z530i is excellent phone. Is Rs.7000 but has VGA cam, memory card slot, bluetooth.

Samsung X630 has 28 MB internal memory, GPRS, EDGE, FM, VGA Cam, Bluetooth, USB

It's better if you guys can check models at indiagsm.com yourself and select the best phone that matches your needs.

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
Motorola L6 is good.
*www.gsmarena.com/motorola_l6-1118.php
Camera, Bluetooth, MP3, USB.

If you go for L7, then its around 8k (I think) with memory card option.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
My dad dont need the camera .. bcoz we have a digicam,

I think only.. the Samsung x630 under 6k.. that has BT and Fm inbuilt then Hows the phone

waise my dad like only the nokia phones ..

If I tell him to buy a higher range one then which one will you guyz suggest?

Last edited:

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Try Nokia 6070, has FM but doesn't have bluetooth and has IR. Rs.5,850 but this one has mere 3.2MB of memory.

You can go for Sony Ericsson Z550i for Rs.8k or The Motorola L7 for the sameprice.

z550i has bluetooth, FM, memory slot, music player, 1.3MP cam, GPRS, video player

L7 has bluetooth, memory slot, audio/video player, VGA cam, does not have FM

Also, you will get the classic Nokia 6600 for 8,500.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
So many phones very difficult in this category ..
If BT, FM, EDGE, Nokia are requirements what is the best phone to buy & Camera not at all a prefrence!!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Firstly, why do you need BT? If it is for file transfers, then you should be also looking for a phone that has high inbuilt memory. Otherwise BT is not really of any use, unless you are thinking of using the phone as a remote control or something.
And why only Nokia? Tell him to see that there are other good phones in the market except you are thinking of selling it in a short time, then, yeah it will fetch a better resale value.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Dude, bluetooth is not just for file transfers, we can use it to connect bt headset, bt headphones etc.

@rollcage, go for 3230 or 6230i or 6111 or 6151 if you need everything.

Among these, I vote for 6151 as this is a 3G phone with EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps, Bluetooth v2.0, 3g 384 kbps, 30 MB internal memory and

microSD (TransFlash), hotswap memory card slot, mp3 player, FM, 3GPP video player that supports mpeg4 video, 1.3MP camera.

This is the entry level 3G phone and costs 12k. You cannot get a better phone at this price.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Re: What's the best I can get for 6k-8k?

ya BT is not just for transfer between PC & Cell but other purposes as well.

hey guys thx for replies //

ambandla said:
Try Nokia 6070, has FM but doesn't have bluetooth and

has IR. Rs.5,850 but this one has mere 3.2MB of memory.
Also, you will get the classic Nokia 6600 for 8,500.
6600 is too old fone .. they have stopped selling it in us n europe .. as for now I hav dropped the 6070, have all the features but mere 3mb memory crap..6030 was replaced by 6070.. now it will again be replaced by 6080 soon,
hmm 6080 will have extra memory .. blody hell .. are we insane to buy a new fone for every new feature added to a platform of phone ..crap :evil:

dad went to dealer ..he was convinced on 6070 but he was presented with SE - Z550i, anyways liked z550i,.. 3230 its the cheapest edge & mmc-card fone frm nokia .. but as I told him earlier dealer also said this is having orblems lately . so droped it.

6670, 7610 are old .. 7630 .. hmm girlish fone .. 6060 flap fone but no features

40 models but Nokia never gives all the fetures in one phone
You can go for Sony Ericsson Z550i for Rs.8k or The Motorola L7 for the sameprice.

z550i has bluetooth, FM, memory slot, music player, 1.3MP cam, GPRS, video player

L7 has bluetooth, memory slot, audio/video player, VGA cam, does not have FM
Damm this one looks good z550i ..
as for now .. Z550i .. certain
waise thinking of L7 & V3i too .. but It lacks features & no radio

hows the performance of this fone??
never been a SE user so not sure ;)

*img85.imageshack.us/img85/5725/sonyericssonz550wj8.th.jpg

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
ambandla said:
Dude, bluetooth is not just for file transfers, we can use it to connect bt headset, bt headphones etc.
When did I ever say that bluetooth is just for file transfers? I hope you understand the meaning of the word 'If'? If you do then go again and read my reply.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Tech.Masti said:
beware of SE battery....
What do you mean?:?:

Specs:-

Screen
* 262,144-colour TFT
* 176x220 pixel

External screen
* Monochrome STN
* 128x36

Sound
* Music tones (MP3/AAC)
* Polyphonic Sounds 40 voices

Memory
* Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™) support
* Phone memory 25MB*

FM Radio
*Built-in FM radio with search function

Available colours
* Sterling Black
* Pearl Copper

Sizes
* 88 x 45 x 20 mm
* 3.4 x 1.8 x .8 inches

Weight
* 92.5 g
* 3.3 oz

Operating Frequency
GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900

---> *www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=in&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10459

Considering these .. Its the best buy in this range... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom