Whats Page CTR in Google Adsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahref

In the zone
It is Click-through ratio or click-through rate. The percentage of times an ad is clicked on, based on the number of times it's viewed. If a banner ad is seen by 200 hundred site visitors and 10 of them actually click on the ad, the banner ad has a click-though rate of 5 percent.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Further the CTR should be high of course, but not very high. I really don't know what's the above average value, but IMO anything above 15% is good.

The CTR should not be very high, say around 20-25% which will wave a red flag and Google might ban you even if you have not anything wrong.

drgrudge

3% only? I dunno what's the above average value, thats y I said "IMO 15% is good".

For blogs, 15% is good. My blog is ok in terms of eCPM and CTR. Maybe eCPM can improve. Check my CTR today: (I really can't imagine that 3% CTR!!)
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/6595/untitledhv7.th.gif

ahref

In the zone
In blogs generally page view per user is 1 or 2, and people exit through adsense thats why CTR is high. Whereas in portals or forums, Users spend one or two hour per site, views many pages (approx 30 to 40) after that they exit site thats why there CTR are very low. CTR of forums are generally less thatn 1%. CTR is calculated by page impressions, not by unique visitors.

drgrudge

^^
Yeah, true. Nevertheless this proves the point that blogs are more profitable than forums, portals for average/below average traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom