Whats app on Vodafone

papul1993

not a newbie.....
That's why I like Vodafone. Their customer service is very good. However I don't understand their reluctance to not use text modes of communication like emails to solve issues. They always want to call, even after I specify that I am interested in communicating via email only.

VodafoneIndia

Right off the assembly line
Happy to Help!

Hi. Has anyone been able to use whats app on vodafone? Mine is not working. I own nokia x2 00 and whats app's faq said to use vodafone mobile connect as the access point. But I only have vodafone live! I tried getting the VMC settings but those do not contain access point. So, if anyone has been able to use whats app on vodafone, then please mention your wap settins and apn and anything else you did for it.Thanks

Hello Harshilsharma,

Please activate Vodafone Mobile Connect service on your number and check.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
^ I'm on prepaid and already have Rs. 194 2G internet pack activated.

^ I'm on prepaid and already have Rs. 194 2G internet pack activated.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
I think it was something like ACT VMC as sms to some number.

Amway, use www as apn and you will be fine.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
I sent the sms and got vmc settings, but those are just web settings and not access point. VMC web settings doesnt work with vodafone live access point.

I sent the sms and got vmc settings, but those are just web settings and not access point. VMC web settings doesnt work with vodafone live access point.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
*www.vodafone.in/support/pages/internet_help_kar.aspx
If you are a prepaid subscriber, just send ACT VMC to 144 (toll free) and you will be activated on a zero rental plan with which you can surf VMC at 10p/10KB

*www.vodafone.in/internet/pages/vodafonemobileconnect_har.aspx?cid=har
For Nokia & Sony Ericsson phone, find out your handset IMEI number, by pressing *#06# on the phone's standby screen or by checking the same from phone's body panel under the battery bay.
The IMEI number may be of 15 or 16 digits - identify the first 15digits and send an sms to 52586 with text as S < space >1st 15 digits of the IMEI number
After sending the above sms, send "VMC" as an sms to 52586 to get the OTA settings, and save the setting you receive.
If you do not have a Nokia or Sony Ericsson phone, you´ll need to set your phone manually with these details:

*www.vodafone.in/business/communications/flexible_working/pages/mobile_connect.aspx

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Okay, got this solved. Follow these steps if you face such issue:

1. Send "VMC" as an SMS to 52586.
2. Saved the received "Vodafone Connect" web settings.
3. Set the received settings as default settings.
4. Manually create a new access point with following parameters:

a. Account name: Vodafone VMC APN
b. Packet data access point: www
c. Network type: IPv4
d. Authentication type: Normal
e. Username: <blank>
f. Password: <blank>

5. Save this access point and set it as the default access point.

6. Select "Use default in all apps".

Whats App will now work.

Top Bottom