what wifi router to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
hey i went to the market and found so many routers for wifi but couldn't decide

my problem is my budget is rs1500-2000

and i want a wifi which can cross one floor to another i have airtel broadband on 1st floor and iphone and laptop on ground

will netgear basic model wv614 wil do that? they say i have to attach something to increse its range and it will cost rs4700 more

then there is linksys model which is 2400 which he gurantees can cross many walls

IN NET GEAR TOO IT WRITTEN ON STICKER 2ND ANTENNA INSIDE .HOW MANY ANTENNAS SHUD BE THERE?

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
NETGEAR is great --->Its good VLM & worth

Or else Go for LINKSYS it is little expensive than netgear

D-link is Good at stable working!!!!!!!!!!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Linksys Wrt54g2

• All-in-one Internet-sharing Router, 4-port Switch, and Wireless-G (802.11g) Access Point
  • Shares a single Internet connection and other resources with Ethernet wired and Wireless-G and -B devices
  • Push button setup feature makes wireless configuration secure and simple
  • High security: Wi-Fi Protected Access™ 2 (WPA2), wireless MAC address filtering, powerful SPI firewall
Setup in minutes using LELA s/w: *www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?...nksys/Common/VisitorWrapper&lid=6199979609B02

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
@desibond the links u provided show a different product particularly because it is a dynamic promotion page which changes the displayed product

i think you guys are talking about this one..wrt54g2

have u used it? and how is the range? did anybody buy it recently and what is version no?

from what i found online wrt54g2 (with 8mb ram, 2mb flash) can be flashed with third party firmwares..specifically dd-wrt..so have you guys flashed it and share your experience with it..

do you guys think this is better than the wrt54gl which cost lot more i guess?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
wrt54gl I think is pretty old product but has very good range and signal strength.

wrt54g2 on the other hand is good performer and looks stunnning, the most important feature being the interface (HTML)

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
anybody tried a third party firmware on it as yet..or nobody here has bought it as of now

by the way..read online that the range of this router is not good..

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Hey. Let me make a correction. I didn't find in your post that you want access in two floors. In that case, I vote for good old wrt54gl.

Hacking this router: *www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1934591,00.asp

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
go for D-LINK or NETGEAR they are both same in performance ,, but D-LINK is little expensive over NETGEAR

wartibet@yahoo.com

Right off the assembly line
I found that connector you were looking for

I found that connector you were looking for
Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm
It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom