What to do with my 8600GT SLI??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Please don't suggest me to give away for free cause i can't.
Well....i have two 8600GT which i use in SLI.I have bios moded these cards and not volt moded them.Currently these cards run at frequency of 675Mhz(Core rop)/1566Mhz(Core shader domain)/860Mhz(Mem 1720Mhz)effective.
These cards have been pasted with Artic Cooling's MX-2 compound.The maximum temperature on one card is 72C and the other card is 64C with stress testing with ATI tool for 9Hrs.
There were no artifacts found with ATI tool for 9Hrs after which i shut down.
And yes i have the hot versions of the cards which means something is wrong with the temp levels on these cards.
I am going to upgrade one of my systems to 8800GTS 512MB G92 next month.
Should i rma...cause really i won't be caught.
These cards do not artifact under any conditions even when stress testing with ATI tool as i have stated but with stock speeds or anything higher these cards artifact at "High" and "Very High" settings in crysis which i have confirmed with another user on guru3d.

Money is not a problem for me i just want to get rid of these but not by donation.

The reason for buying the G92 is because these are not cutting it for me when playing with my brother over LAN.

These cards score 10169 in 3DMark06 with default settings and Image Quality set to "Quality" in nvidia control panel.

Last edited:
OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Ok i'll think over RAMing but there's little chance if i'll get a non defective one as i think Rashi only sells defective 8600s.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I have very good contacts with Rashi peripherals and i think that they only have the UDF7 version of 8600GT which is the one that overheats.
XFX has canceled their deals for selling more 8600GT to rashi and they are awaiting orders for 9600s now.Though i purchased the cards late even then i got these defective ones.I had told the rashi dealer about the overheating cards but he did not bring the ones that were non defective.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Thank god....i was going to buy xfx frm Rp, but last minute i changed my plan and bought asus.

Dishant

Broken In
Re: What to do with my 8600GT ??

hi,,,pls tell me which smps wud be gud for asus 8600 gt...cureently i have generic 300 watt

kayos

Boy Waiting To Be A Man!!
hi ..
i m about to buy 8600Gt ... shud i go in for PoV or XFX ...
why not XFX.. i thot XFX was better ...

praka123

left this forum longback
so....xfx brand is not upto teh marks! :? i have my card which is xfx7300gt dual dvi out with temp const at 46-47 o C (sry am not a gamer!) which brand do u gamers think is the best reg performance,reliabiltiy etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom