What to do as a 2 year CSE student

Niilesh

Padawan
I currently only know C and a bit of C++ and python. I am passionate towards computers.
Some questions i have in mind:

Q. What i should focus studying right now?(to get internships and decent job)
Q. What should i do after B.E.? Get a job directly or M.tech/MS?
Q. How to decide in which field i would go?(like Penetration testing or in AI)
Q. After 2nd year where should i apply for internship?

PS:I am pursuing my degree from MBM,Jodhpur.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If you have time, try to contribute towards open source projects. Would be a good thing to put on your resume. You would have a major advantage over your peers for campus placements.

OP
Niilesh

Niilesh

Padawan
If you have time, try to contribute towards open source projects. Would be a good thing to put on your resume. You would have a major advantage over your peers for campus placements.
Right now i can barely solve 'easy' questions on codechef so i cannot contribute towards open source projects right now(expect maybe bug testing).

OP
Niilesh

Niilesh

Padawan
Bump..

Currently I am taking CS50 on edX which has quite challenging Problem sets. (Side-by side studying DSA for college).

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
College course won't teach you much about what is relevant in the industry. It would be better if you learn about that from someone who is actually in the industry.

First set your mind on what you want to do after you finish your education. Then look for the skills that you need for that. If you college education does not cover that, then you will have to acquire those skills on your own.

OP
Niilesh

Niilesh

Padawan
College course won't teach you much about what is relevant in the industry. It would be better if you learn about that from someone who is actually in the industry.

First set your mind on what you want to do after you finish your education. Then look for the skills that you need for that. If you college education does not cover that, then you will have to acquire those skills on your own.
That is what i asked:
Q. What should i do after B.E.? Get a job directly or M.tech/MS?
Q. How to decide in which field i would go?(like Penetration testing or in AI)
The thing is the only thing i know is i like coding but i don't now what my options are and how are they different. I mean like a person in robotics has to write code and so does a person working in a Software Development firm.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
That is what i asked:

The thing is the only thing i know is i like coding but i don't now what my options are and how are they different. I mean like a person in robotics has to write code and so does a person working in a Software Development firm.

You have to ask yourself if you are interested in higher studies or want to start earning immediately after graduating. You have 2 more years before passing out, so your priorities and goals might be vastly different by then. At this point, I would advise you to simply do the best you can in your academics while practicing programming as a hobby. Language does not matter, work on your problem solving skills and logical thinking. Technologies come and go but the core concepts remain the same.

Top Bottom